Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old    dinos            02-06-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Looking for a great lake to ride on in Wisconsin...one with little boat traffic and butter all around! Let me know...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-06-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Anywhere is wisconsin, and are you talking weekend are weekday?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-06-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
How about a river instead?

We have tons and tons of lakes and rivers that are great, and you can find good water all over.

My personal favorite is the rock river in janesville, miles of butter without having to turn around.

Bunch of us sconnies are over at www.midwestwakeboarder.com

Are you new to WI? Where are you located?

Madison here.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-06-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
I'm wisconsin Rapids area...Lake sherwood is my home lake, its a U-shape, so no matter the wind there are good shores...the weekdays are always dead, weekend lots of chicago/milwaukee/madison people w/ vacation homes
and I worked on Castle Rock lake, if its calm its amazing... miles of butter, but a little wind and its really rough
Castle Rock
Upload
Upload
Sherwood
Upload
Old     (wisconsin)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-06-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
i ride lake wissota in chippewa falls, wi. it's a big enough lake that you can usually find some place to ride.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-06-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
anywhere in northern Wisconsin during the week is awesome. Basically everyday if it is not a holiday weekend.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
Anywhere on the weekends suck but up north is definetly where to find the butter. Try Onieda County, so many lakes in that county its unbeleivable.

What up smylie? How about this winter, the snows piling up. Can't wait til this all thaws out and get back on the lake.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-06-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
The river's are ok, but I don't like them due to clearity and debris. I'm with everyone on the Northern lakes, preferably Lake Tomahawk which is like Lake Minocquas forgotten brother. If it's not too windy and not a holiday your good to go.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-06-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
while were on the topic of wisconsin lakes, anybody ride in the LaCrosse area?
Old     (yo123)      Join Date: May 2006       02-06-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
I ride up in Hayward at our cabin perfect up there all the time always a spot to board. Anyone board up in that area,
Old    dinos            02-07-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
I've been living in Whitewater, Wisconsin the past couple years. Found a great crew, and we ride on Lake Beulah in East Troy. I'm taking this summer off to ride full time, and that's why I'm looking for great new locations! I hear you all on the weekend riding...I get my riding in during the week.
Old    dinos            02-07-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
...and Nick...AWESOME last photo of Sherwood...that's exactly the kind of water I'm looking to ride on!!!
Old    dinos            02-07-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
...to www.midwestwakeboarder.com; I just got a chance to ride the Rock River a few weeks ago for their "Winter Wonderland" event. Right after my dock start I hit a chunk of ice and face planted...I went completely numb! I tried a backroll right after but couldn't pull it off. It was a great experience though! Go to www.winterwaterland.com to check it out.
Old    dinos            02-07-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
I've been researching lakes in northern Wisconsin. The best feedback I've gotten is from people living in the Three Lakes area; they mentioned Spirit Lake and Meta Lake...anybody know if these are good?
Old    dinos            02-07-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
To Mike...I did find a lake online in Oneida County called Nokomis Lake...you know if that one's good?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-07-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Dinos, you rode the rock river not in rockford right? completely different experience than the rock in janesville, which incidentally is not far from you.

I live on Kegonsa in stoughton, and can get good water all days of the week......but still will pull my boat down to janesville 25 miles as its "that good".

If you are riding fulltime this summer hit us up, we are often looking to get out during weekdays while the wally's are working......and we have a slider as well.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-07-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
man, too bad they didn't publicize winterwaterland a bit better. I went to that in 2002 and had a fun time. I thought it was dead and I hadn't heard a thing about there being one in 2008.

I ride on varous lakes, but I consider my stomping grounds to be on a lake just past mercer. We have a cabin up there and it's where I detested waterskiing and began wakeboarding and wakeskating.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Lake Nokomis is a flowage in Tomahawk WI. You need to know where you are going out there. It's also a pretty popular lake, like most, on the weekend.
Old    dinos            02-08-2008, 3:13 AM Reply   
...mjmurphy...no, it wasn't in rockford...it was the rock river where it passes through Newville, Wisconsin. I'll definately hit you up so we can get our crews out on the water; always up for meeting new people...you can get me at dkouyias@yahoo.com...I just bought the Sanyo Xacti E1 waterproof digital camcorder to get some crazy vids on the water this summer...it can't come soon enough!
Old     (redlinewatersports)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Ben - I went to college in La Crosse. One word - Amazing! We skied and rode on the Black River at Airport Beach during the week. During the weekends, as is the trend everywhere, the river is a mess with other boat traffic. Now that American Marine is back in Catgut Slew, they dredged that out, so you can get back there as well. There are so many backwaters all fairly close, that you can usually find good water at any time. Also, check out the south channel near Bikini Yacht Club, where the Island Girl docks. Few words of advice though... Watch out for the Wing Dams! There is one just South of the south channel. Good luck!
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
dinos I go to school in whitewater as well. Have you ever rode with the waterski and wakeboard team? I ride with them sometimes and I have a buddy with a place in Lauderdale Lake with a super air that I go out with too. As for lake Nokomis I have a cabin about 20 minutes north on 51in Minocqua. I have never rode on that particular lake but most of them up the have pristine conditions most of the time
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-09-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
hey mike, winter is going good. cant wait for summer and get out on the water. I want to get in alot of riding this summer. how bout yourself.

as for lakes up in oneida and vilas counties, those are prolly your best bet for awesome water conditions 90% of the time.
Old     (wisconsin)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-09-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
hey redline, i go to lax right now and can't wait for spring/summer to ride down here...i've heard it's awesome.
Old     (pk1)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-11-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old     (pctarmor)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Lake Beulah for the weekdays, weekends are stupid busy. High Falls Reservoir by Crivit we can always find butter.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-11-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
PK WHAT UP DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Old     (waveboy9813)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-12-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Phil, your giving up my little secret. Ha
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-12-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
Redline,
thanks man! I'm gonna be goin to school there for the school startin this fall, so i'm just seein what i can find out about the boarding out there so maybe i can meet some guys and catch a few sets out there before the season wraps up.