Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-02-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I am proud to ride CWB
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-02-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
byrd - despite the fact that my address should have been treasured and framed by you instead of carelessly discarded as trash ... sending you a PM. THANKS!
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       03-02-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Haven't been at the computer for a few days and OMG what a great online community WW is. Paul, sorry to hear about your troubles. WW kudos to all who stepped up. I just wish I had read this thread two days ago. CWB & innov8 - way to go. I have a prodigy plat and an absolute plat. Safe to say my next board will be a CWB also. Paul, I am sure you will remember the generosity of others next time you come across someone in need.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-02-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if a store in Colorado sells CWB bindings? I need a pair of bindings and would definitely check what they have if I can find it (all I'm aware of are LF, Hyperlite, O'Brien and I think some Nice bindings around Denver metro). (sorry for the hijack!)
Old    swass            03-02-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
I think S & W does. Not positive.

2450 W 63rd Ct
Denver, CO 80221
(303) 429-1895

Closed on Mondays.
Old    wakelvr            03-02-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Paul, when you have a chance, send me your address via email. I would like to donate a little money and some stickers to go with your new set up. If you have extra money after this is all said and done, you should fly down here and meet some of us at Spring Ride this May!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-02-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Kylie, Stickers going out today. You caught me, I'm at work, and your address is at home in my treasure chest...
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       03-02-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Just seen this today. Great work guys!!! Joe and Dave you guys are the S***!!! Way to take care of this kid!!! Now ppl see why so many of us rep CWB!!!! I will always rep a company that takes care of ppl the way they do!! Thats also why I have Wakeworld.com right next to CWB on the back of my truck!!!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-02-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
This thread is good stuff..... Joe, you are a credit to the wake community.....

David Williams also is to be thanked for providing us this forum....look what cool stuff can be accomplished.

Props go out to everyone who pulled this together and or offered up support, $$$ or goods.

Amazing....

You know, I don't let my son get on BB or chat rooms.....but if every one was = to WakeWorld, maybe I'd let him take a shot.

P.S. Let's not forget Josh. This does not take him off the hook. With that said, I know people can do strange things when issues arise and I hope he can turn things around, not only for himself....but those who care about him.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-02-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Way to rock CWB and WW. Doesn't get any better than that.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
stefani, hang on to your money. cwb's sending him a board.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
What a great situation this turned into for "the kid".

I agree with EJ we cannot forget about Josh and the situation. We need to protect WW'ers otherwise we will start seeing more of these threads, which is a bad thing (no matter how heartwarming and cool it is this worked out). I am Glad to see things worked out for the right person, but lets still offer some protection to each other and "police ourselves".
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-02-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
P.S.

I started my wakeboarding day's with CWB with the Area 51 . When I had that board some guy told me CWB will never last in the Wakeboarding game. Gave it to a friend and his family that was thinking about the sport of Wakeboarding. Huge hand shake for CWB for helping a kid out when in need. Sometimes it sucks to have the same name as a person like this!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
WOW, way to go wakeworld, cwb, and wakeworlders.

Remember who took care of you bud, enjoy the ride!
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
First of all I would like to thank everyone. I'm overwhelmed at all the response from everyone. This is awesome! I never expected this. This did really happen and I'm not trying to scam anyone, because I know what it feels like. I really don’t expect to see the board or the money because Josh won't return any calls or emails. Thanks for all of the help and thanks to CWB and all you who are offering things to me. I'll post my address once my dad gives me permission.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-02-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Wow, you leave town for a couple of days and miss all the excitement. Props to Joe, Jeff and all who helped make it happen for Paul. I was intrested in bsflowers post about the other board. Wonder if he got it?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-02-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
We better see pictures of you boosting on that thing soon!!

I'd love to see the conversation..."dad rememeber how I got scammed from someone on that wakeboarding site? Well everyone there felt bad & got the board company to send me a brand new board. Before they did that people offered to send me a board free of charge & others were going to contribute to a collection to get me a board. Can I please give them our address so they can ship me the board & other stuff?"
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-02-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
Paul, email Joe Umali your info and do not post it on this forum or any other for that matter. I have known Joe for a very long time and will vouch for him. Stefani is one of the mods here and is willing to hook you up with stickers and stuff, so make sure she gets your address too :-)

Joe's email, which is in his profile. ju540@yahoo.com

You are one lucky guy!

Edit: Paul it is also time to post all the info you have on Josh Boyd.

(Message edited by Peter_C on March 02, 2007)
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-02-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
glad to hear it all worked out.. this is what wakeboarding is all about!

josh still owes me $10,000.00? anyone? anyone?

lol joking
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-02-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
That's awesome, I was thinking the same thing yesterday and was going to call Sean at AWS, but he's out of town. Way to step up Innov, CWB, everyone. I just picked up a Transcend Platinum, glad to support CWB.

Paul, just curious, did your parents give you the ole', if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true speech?
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
This is Paul's Dad, I am amazed by all of the support, advice, generosity, and excellent humor. I always thought wakeboarding was cool and this experience confirms that! What started out to be one of those told you so, this sucks experiences turned into "WOW" there are so many good people out there. I know Paul has learned allot from this, as I hope Josh did.

Thanks again, Paul was pretty bummed for awhile, but is now on cloud nine.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Great going Joe! Thanks CWB! I may have to buy some of your products now!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-02-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
WOOOT WOOOT......

GO CWB!!!!

MAKES ME SO DAMN PROUD TO BE ON TEAM CWB!!!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-02-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Paul's dad, one bad apple will not spoil this barrel
Old    murrayair            03-02-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
It's so awesome to see all the support Paul is getting. This is what makes me proud to be part of the Wakeworld community!
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
I would like to give everyone a big thanks for everything that you all did. You guys are all great people and I would like to thank everyone who helped me by just looking for Josh to offering me a board. Everyone on here is so generous and I cant that you enough. You all turned a bad experience to a great one for me and I will never forget it. You guys all rock! Big thanks to everyone who wanted to help me get a board and BH, Joe, Dave, and Innov8 Action Sports for offering me boards. Big thanks to CWB who is hooking me up. Thanks goes out to everyone on WW. You guys are awesome! I’m So proud to be a wakeboarder and be a part of WW.

Paul
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
Wow, Incredible!

So......Where's Josh?
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
I like Stef's idea. I say all who were willing to sent money to still dom so, and we will get him down here for spring ride to see him shred on his new board. Not to mention the experience it would be for him. I got ten on it... And great work Joe, You the man. And everyone else who offered up. There is no other place like this place, so this must be the place.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-02-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
It's threads like this that make you realize how great and unique wakeworld really is...when I told one of my friends at lunch that I wanted to send a kid that I have never met before that was our age $15 so he could use it towards a new board because he got scammed, she looked at me like I was crazy. then when I told her that a lot of other people will do that if he wants and some offered him a used board free (this was before CWB offering new) I don't think she believed me but she did offer to take care of mailing it for me (obviously we weren't going to mail it as cash we would have made it into money orders? I think that's what they are called?) and NOT in the oh I'm going to keep it type way but a real I think your on something, but I support you anyway type way, I just IM-ed one of my friends now with that same question " if I told you I was going to send a kid in Colorado $15 because he got scammed when buying something on line would you think I was crazy" her response "a little" This site is awesome…I realized that back in November, and in a way I’m not surprised that everyone offered you a board/money/to get at the guy for you, because that’s the way the community is and should stay, I’m proud to be a part of wakewolrd and to ride CWB even more now for that matter. What I really want to know now is what’s going to happen when Paul gets his board, this thread gets old and Josh tries to come back…that’s going to be interesting, if he created a new account do you think that some would still realize that it’s him? By email address or something?

(Message edited by wakegenie on March 02, 2007)
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-02-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
he shouldn't be able to get away with that again
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2007, 12:35 AM Reply   
Wake world community and CWB rocks. I just bought a brand new CWB board and now I am even more proud to rock there gear.
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-03-2007, 1:36 AM Reply   
I was looking at boots but now i will buy a cwb one
Old     (phatsac)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-03-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
This is AWESOME ! this is the kinda stuff we oughta see on the news vs. rape-rob-kill... My boy will be up for a new brd soon and I will definetly be leaning toward CWB. You guys are alright! all of you ! Jesus said "love your neighbor as yourself..." it will come back many times over, God loves a cheerful giver! just goes to show, you cant go wrong doing right... have s super wk. end!
Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2007, 4:58 AM Reply   
Wow, I'm impressed with the results Paul got. I'm not a wakeboarder myself, and this still isn't enought to switch me from slalom, but you guys have and awesome community. This thread is getting attention all over the place, congrats this really does a lot for a sport that sometimes has a bad rep. Kudos!
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-03-2007, 5:40 AM Reply   
Unbelieveable.
Paul, in my honest opinion, the CWB Marius is...... J/K, you thought I was gonna start flaming it huh!
Good luck bro and remember,
WW people are SIK!
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-03-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
Brad,

I think Ronix makes the one binding.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-03-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
ok, i'm buying some CWB bindings. i think if i'm riding their gear, that officially makes me a "CWB rider" (albeit, not sponsored ... i'm sure they would though if they could just see my mad skillz! ) paul - i'm in the denver area. hopefully this summer i'll get a chance to ride with you and see that marius you're getting!! p.s. thanks for the stickers byrd!

(Message edited by kylielogan on March 03, 2007)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-03-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
Ryan, I think Brad meant CWB one as in "the cwb one's" or "one CWB pair"
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-03-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Wow! This thread makes things black and white...CWB rocks and Josh Boyd does not.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-03-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Lets not forget about JOSH!!! This A_Hole has screwed over over some people on here. We should still try to find this loser. Johnny V is still out $10K.
Paul enjoy your new board. It is great what this WW community can and will do.
Old     (trevorhansen)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-03-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Wow this post has me locked in a giant glass box of emotion. Paul sorry about the bad luck trying to get the board. I guess Josh Boyd just decided that the Marius was to good to get rid of...hahaha (sorry not that funny)
I just talked to the boys over at CWB and they are going to over night me the board so that I can sign it for you and then ship it out to you. I know this is not that big a deal but I just wanted to do somthing to thank you for your suppart. I hope that you enjoy the board.

Have fun with new board Paul

Trevor
Old     (wakemb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-03-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Benjamin,

Sorry I was making a joke, yes a bad one at that.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
Classy move Trevor
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-03-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Johnny - Sorry bro, you are right I fell the same way since my name was linked to Josh as well, lets clear the air right now by saying that neither of us are invloved. Sorry to hear that Josh is having hard times.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-03-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Paul, now Trevor Hansen is going to sign your board for you, that is so sick now you have the rider that designed and rides the board sign it for you, Wow I knew CWB would takes care of you, but now they are going far beyond just great customer service they really do care. Thats why Innov8 sells CWB Exclusively, they are the best board company in the industry in more ways then ONE.
Enjoy your new ride Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Innov8
Old     (caddyman)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-03-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
WOW CWB big ups! Good to see that you guys steped up to make a situation right! Def earned alot of respect in my book!
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-03-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
It's only March 3rd this is going to be my vote for "Thread of the Year"

Disclaimer: This excludes any boat bun pics or pics of T-Dawg driving the boat.

......and to think some people have questioned others for jumping on the CWB bandwagon.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-03-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
I feel all warm and gooey about my Marius now!!! Props to CWB and Trevor from here in chilly England. (Not too chilly to ride today though.)
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-03-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
Josh. I don't you dude, but if your out there you should make this right. This isn't like sneaking a beer under your seat when you get pulled over...these people are like family.
Old    deltahoosier            03-03-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Good job guys. This is awesome to see. On a side note (and I didn't want to bring this up because I feel kind of dumb for doing it), two weeks ago I sent Josh $39,513.23 for a 2007 Malibu VLX and I have yet to recieve it....

Anyone buying it? Please....

Oh well. My first board was a CWB T2 and have strayed since then. I think I may have to head back to my roots on my next purchase. Good job CWB. I think people who were going to send some money (if they do not send Josh to spring ride) should get on Innov8 Action Sports website and buy a little something to help them out.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
Classy move by all parties involved(Obviously not Josh), I am proud to say that I ride a CWB, after seeing moves like this I don't think that I will be switching to riding any other companies board. What an amazing community or wakeboard enthusiasts!
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-03-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
I'd never understood all the CWB hype(excepton that their gear is good) but they really do handle business, and I also might have to make CWB my next... this isn't even promotion it's just being a great company and I respect that a ton, and as far as I'm concerned CWB is far ahead of any wake company out there in regards to making wakeboarding a good expeience.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
This is amazing! I can't believe that Trevor Hansen is going to be signing the board. This is great. I can’t thank you all enough. I can’t wait to see the board! As far is I’m concerned CWB is the best company by far. You guys rock!
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-03-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
Haha pretty sweet Paul, I am so glad you are soooo pumped on your new board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and I know you will love it. CWB Rocks,Trevor Hansen Rocks, Wakeworld Rocks, Joe Rocks yeeeeeah!! Now you just have to wait for the lakes to Thaw Out in Colorado!!Its gonna seem like it takes Forever.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Ya it will. Cant wait though.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Big bump to Trevor and Cwb. Josh, you suck. Hope you meet the karma end of this big stick. Watch your back, we all have a pic of you.
Old    wakelvr            03-03-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
Rod, are you serious???
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-03-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
prolly no
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
stefani, are YOU serious?
Old    wakelvr            03-03-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Nice. I missed his second paragraph, lol.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Joe, are YOU serious?

Had to do it...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-03-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
Cliff, are YOU serious?
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-03-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
Tim, are you serious?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-03-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Joe Rocks!
Old    walt            03-03-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   

quote:

I just talked to the boys over at CWB and they are going to over night me the board so that I can sign it for you and then ship it out to you.

It just keeps getting better and better. Talk about turning a negative into a positive !

Props to everyone involved with getting Paul back on the water.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
This thread has more post in 4 days then the New Jersey Rider thread has for the year
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-03-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Congrats on the board and CWB for stepping up so this kid can ride again. Very cool how WW'ers are covering thier own-

Now its time to address Josh Boyd.IF he's having problems- drug related or whatever- NOW is the time for his bros to come to his aid. Many people make very very stupid decisions in life and we should try and stick by bros even when they're down. Those that know Josh need to stand up and deliver him to Rehab. Do an intervention. If its strictly a $$ issue have a bake sale for him. Point here is stick by your fellow wakeboarder and bro. Then make sure he sends CWB some cash for the board-
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-03-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
OMG!!! What an incredible thread! Definitely a thread of the year possibility.

Hey Paul, I'm in the Denver area as well. Once you get your new board and it warms up I'll be happy to give you a pull behind my boat so we can show all the WW people that you're rippin it on the new board!!

Drop me an email so we can coordinate.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
THIS IS IMPORTANT. Josh has just contacted me this afternoon by e-mail. He said the reason he did not not contact me is because he was not able to get on the internet or use his phone. Although he previously told me he had sent the board, when it had never been sent. He says he wants to make things right and will send me the money or the board. I told him that would be ok.

This kind of changes things. I don't know what to think until I see the money or the board to prove he is sincere.

Regardless of what happens I still owe everyone a big time thanks and I'm pumped about my new friends at Wakeworld.

Paul
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-03-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
wow, after all of that or is all of that why he suddenly contacted you? Guess we will never know
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Get the money and start saving up for some Faction Bindings...
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-03-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
I'm glad to see this thread persisting...hook up Paul...but let's not let Josh slither off into the distance. Not a good person....
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-03-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
Like there wasn't enough CWB love on WW before this thread...

Great thread, great story, awesome support, and sick board. I know I can't wait to ride my new CWB.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-03-2007, 11:33 PM Reply   
I've got a pair of Medium Faction bindings you can....BUY!

Hahaha, I'm killing myself here. Its true though, I do have new 2007 Medium Factions for sale. They come free of bird poo, but big on love.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-04-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
Wow, I haven't tuned into this thread in three days. Is there a Cliff Notes version available?
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-05-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
Pretty amazing! I think this thread has opened up a lot of eyes. I know it has for me... I think I got caught up and a little burn out on the politics of wakeboarding as a shop owner and was pretty much done wakeboarding, but after reading this thread I realized why I got hooked on wakeboarding in the first place and what its all about. It's about the comraderie and the bond that you really don't find in other board sports.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-05-2007, 5:47 AM Reply   
OH MY GOD, this is turned into a huge thread. It seemed like it all will work out some how. Thanks what WW friends are for.
Old     (liquidforce3015)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
Just letting everyone know im not related to josh
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2007, 10:17 AM Reply   
I think you should take the CWB board that CWB and Innov8 set up. If Josh actually steps up and sends you the money back, use it for bindings. If he sends you the board instead of the money, you should GIVE that board to a friend who needs one or hang onto it to GIVE AWAY in the next xmas gift thread to someone who needs it. Pay it forward. p.s. tyler - way to CYA! LOL!
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       03-05-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
Arun, does that mean you will be riding again?