Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    brianthomas            03-08-2004, 12:27 AM Reply   
I don't really know the first thing about wetsuits but I want one for spring wakeboarding but also for the ocean. I live in Northern California but go to school in San Luis Obispo right by Pismo Beach. It's the Pacific so it isn't fridged but it is cold. Do I need a full suit, spring suit, can I get short sleave? any help would be great
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
It all depends upon water and air temp. I would suggest a full suit for all but summer condtions. Then a Shorty would do. You may also get by with a .5mm pull-over in the summer. It depends upon you activity and comfort level.

I have a selection of suits in stock. If interested e-mail me at rider@boarditup.com. My suits come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
What up Brian. Are you at Cal Poly? Cuesta? I'm @ CP after a few years at Cuesta. In regards to your question around here I use a 3/2 Rip Curl Zipperless Fullsuit. It keeps me warm on all but the coldest lake days and is great for Spring-Fall surfing. In the winter you would want to have a 4/3 Fullsuit for surfing. In the summer at the lake it's all about trunks and a vest. Dig your Absolute, I just got a 2004 134. Hit me back.

(Message edited by stephan on March 08, 2004)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-08-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
Brian what he said is about right. 3/2 for summer spring and fall surfing and a 4/3 for winter. Spend the extra cash and buy a good suit. They are well worth the money.
Old    brianthomas            03-08-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
I would mostly be surfing and wakeboarding early spring, not in the winter. The water temp goes to around a low of 57-58 in the pacific and mid to low 60's at my lake. By the time the summer roles around I wouldn't need it, this is primarily for the spring, and cold summer mornings at the lake. Do you really think I need a full 3/2 suit. If I need a full, do you guys think that the Oneill hammer suit would do the trick?
Stephen, I am a 1st year at Poly. How are you liking this weather lately.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
In the summer for surfing you will need a full 3/2 suit, some guys don't but they are well on their way to becoming women. Sounds to me like you need a full and a spring suit.

Let's see this weather, hmm beach on Saturday, hiking on Sunday 84 degrees yeah I like it a lot!!Good luck w/ Dead Week...
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-08-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
The Hammer will be enough but it will let water in and it won't be as comfortable. If you can get the money, go for a better suit. I have the Psycho II and it is by far the best suit I've owned. No water leaks in and it is really comfortable.
Old    brianthomas            03-08-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
Alright thanks for the help guys.

I think "Dead Week" is the biggest joke ever. I have two huge midterms this week. Once those are over I have 4 cumulative finals...gotta love poly and the quarter system. I want to be at Pismo, not studying.