Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-27-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Yesterday was my first day on my new Axis A22. Managed to put 3.5hrs on the motor which had 2hrs on it. Coming from a 2008 Moomba XLV that I bought new in 2009 I must say I am overjoyed with what I see in the Axis and I haven't even done a set behind it yet. I will say this about my Moomba XLV, it was a good boat to me, however, it left a lot to be desired in it's wakeboard wake. Mainly, the wakeboard wake was only clean and consistant above 24mph which is too fast for me being a noob and with just a mixed bag of basic jumps, grabs, 180's, and surface tricks. The quality of the Moomba was "okay" to "pretty good" as far as build goes. The tower shook too much in choppy water, the ride was jarring, steering the boat was a workout, and too much spray for a 23' boat. The surf wake behind my XLV was nice and I have no complaints really. As for what I've seen in my new Axis is that you can steer the boat with one finger at speed or around the dock, the ride through chop and wakesurf rollers was pleasant and solid (no jarring), the tower is solid as a rock with no noise, the engine sounds great with a nice growl to it (335 engine), and the factory bimini is very nice (covers most of the cabin). Even the factory stereo (Stereo Pack II) is very good...all that is lacking is a Wetsounds WS420 and it would be more than adequate for a non-HLCD tower setup. Interior is practical and no frills but is plenty for me and my girl (I rarely ride with a crew and this is where the Moomba might have the Axis but that's a big might). I did lose storage space due to the Axis PnP bow sac but it's a must with the Axis to maximize the reason anyone buys an Axis...the wake. Keep in mind I haven't filled any ballast yet but the wake shape and how clean it was even at 18mph was incredible looking. There wasn't a hint a wash anywhere. The wake just stays clean and looks like it firms up more as I increased the speed up slowly to cruise around 22-23mph. I can imagine that it will just get better with the wedge and full PnP ballast. I am super stoked about my new boat and I'm not looking back. My girl said I was smiling all day while driving the Axis.

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-27-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Bloody nice boat.
congrats.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-27-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Congrats, now show us some pics with you upside down. as my buddy said when I got my boat, "you're out of excuses" =) Enjoy it! (btw, I use fear as my excuse)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Great looking boat. That color combo is one of my favorites on the Axis although I would probably ditch the Axis graphics.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-27-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Great looking boat. That color combo is one of my favorites on the Axis although I would probably ditch the Axis graphics.
Hmmm, that's a thought. I'll have a buddy photoshop a side picture of the boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
Crappy version on their build a boat.
Attached Images

Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-27-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
love the colors.....can't wait to pick up ours in a few weeks!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-27-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
With the black base you can pretty much pick any accent color and it will look good. I think it is a lot harder to make a white base look good when adding accent colors. Colors like Red, blue, yellow, green, etc... don't look good with white in my opinion. A white base with black, gray, silver, dark navy accents do look good though. I guesss it has to do with contrasting. 3 colors is almost a for sure no no in my book. There are a few exceptions though.
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-27-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Nice boat!! Congrats
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-27-2011, 8:29 PM Reply   
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BOAT.Hope you have a safe and enjoyable summer!
Old     (Sethjoe)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-27-2011, 9:09 PM Reply   
Heres a picture of the wake with just the stock hard tanks full and the wedge down. We have the pnp bags in but not hooked up yet but this wake is plenty big for us right now.

Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-27-2011, 9:41 PM Reply   
Looks good, congrats, now get out there, shred behind it and put some hours down on it
We have 163 on our 2010, so you gotta start catching up, 146 in the first season lol.
But seriously, enjoy it and congrats again!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-28-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
That wake looks Mackin.