Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
How often are you guys breaking these boards? Yesterday my 09 Transcend cracked on a regular wake to wake jump right behind the binding, didnt even know it cracked until i got in the boat. I know CWB's customer service is great so im not worried there but are these boards really that weak or did i get a lemon? What other boards out there have as soft of landings as this board? I had to ride a IBEX after my board cracked and it felt like i was landing on concrete(not good for my knees)! Thanks for any input guys.
Old     (era3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
I went through 5 Transcend Plattys last year before I switched to the foam core. I actually like the foam core board better and have not broken it yet.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
i don't have experience with the cwb boards much and none with platys, but have heard of them breaking on here before

as for other soft landing boards that i hear about a lot on here:
CWB Faction
LF Shane
Obrien Natural and Decade
Slingshot's line
Company's line
Sine's board(s)
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
Hey Reese does the foam core land as soft as the platty?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
The foam cores flex more and are supposed to land softer than the platys. I've spent a lot of time on both foam and platinum trancends. I dont know if I can really tell a difference on the landings, but the platy board definitely feels lighter and and more snappy. I ride the same on both of them.

I've only broken a couple of boards in my 7-8 years of riding, so it's not a big deal for me. If it's a pain in your ace, you might as well ride the foam boards. Next year CWB has something really cool in store!
Old     (era3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
The foam core lands just as soft as the platty to me. I didn't notice much difference in the landings.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-31-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
So Jarrod do you think the Platty pops better?
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
ive broken 2 plat marius and 2 plat transends in one year....my advice is to stay away from the platts
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
Yeah... The plats are a bit more delicate, but I love them. I rode my Transcend all year last year without any problems. In fact, in all my years of riding I've ridden the foams and the plats and I've only ever broken one plat. I guess it depends on your riding style and how you land. It's been debated to death... You can break any board.

IMO.. The plats are way more responsive. They're stiffer, so they turn better and pop better. Aside from being lighter, too.

The foam on the other hand are a bit more durable and land softer because of the flex.

Like I said, I've ridden both. Usually I pick based on which graphics I like better. I do prefer the plats, but it's not like one is going to make you a better rider. I still land all the same tricks on a foam.