Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
The WBC is coming to Virginia Tech on April 9th to protest and inform us that our sins are the reason that the shooting occurred and why Morgan Dana Harrington was murdered last fall. If any of you are in the area, a counter protest is being set up against them by the student body and the rest of the Hokie Nation. It is completely non-violent on our part, no instigating or insults, and no angry signs by the Hokies. So if you can come out, here's the Facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/e...9475933&ref=ts

This is a disgusting showing by them, and the community response is already likely to be massive, but if you're in the vicinity of southwest VA, and you can make it out there on 4/9, it would be huge.

This is what I've heard is from their website. For whatever reason i can't seem to access it (the infamous godhatesfags.com).

"Virginia Tech N. Main St. & E. Roanoke St. (SW Corner) WBC to picket Virginia Tech to connect the dots. God sent the shooter because of your proud sin! You raise your kids to believe they can disobey God with impunity, and that His commandments are all on the table to be disposed of whenever you please. That's why they think fornication, adultery, and sodomy are all just in good fun (instead of the filthy practices they are), and that's why the wrath of God is on them. God is cursing you by killing those same children that you have lied to all their lives. VA Tech was just GodSmacked -- another of your students murdered -- and you still refuse to heed and obey the standards of God. Woe unto you! "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness...!" Isa. 5:20. You're going to Hell, and you're taking your kids with you."
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-25-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
Why is it non violent. At the very least, you should throw rocks at them.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-25-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
I am originally from Topeka, KS where they are based, and had to see their inappropriate stuff often. They will have multiple people with video cameras running, and with multiple lawyers in the group, will almost entice you to do something/anything that can be used against you on video. They also often have people hidden watching and recording as well. Their goal is to offend you, and get you to react. Have seen some very unique stuff done to get them to leave though........
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-25-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
I have delt with them on occasion.They do their best to bait you into acting upon the rage ,and disgust you feel when you see them,but dont,they are lawyered up to the hilt.

Just drown them out,hopefully they all die in a fire.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
That guy is a schmuck...

wouldn't the best response to be to make sure that nobody is anywhere near the area that they are in?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-25-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
I agree Manzo. I'd just ignore them completely. They used to show up all the time on the KU campus with their signs. They are nuts. But it's just as funny to watch people get baited by them. You might as well go find your closest mental institution and start debating with someone in a straight jacket.... when someone is that crazy, there is no point in debating.

Last edited by wakereviews; 03-25-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: *do I need one?
Old    deltahoosier            03-25-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Yep. Just stay away. That way you don't have to worry about telling anyone "no violence". The bigger the scene the more eyes will be on them. Also, if something did happen, it could go all the way down to anyone who helped organize the people that did cause any violence. Better to let them rot on the vine.