Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (1gixxer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-23-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
The bracket attached to the back of the boat that holds the swim platform. There are 5 screws that hold the bracket to the boat. Two of them have broken off in the boat. They are deep inside and they are below the floor level, so I can not get to them from inside the boat.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-24-2007, 12:10 AM Reply   
Contact your dealer. This may be a warranty issue.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-24-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Warranty for sure.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
This has happened to others, should definetely be warrantied.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-24-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
CEJAY dont feel to bad, this happened to me about 2 years ago. The problem was that they didn't use self locking nuts when they screwed the platform on. My dealer had to cut a hole in the floor, put self locking nutz on and then refiberglassed. Luckily haven't had any other issues with it.

If for whatever reason your boat is not under warranty, call SC customer service and talk to them. SC is excellent in helping out, their not #1 in Customer Service for nothing....

best of luck!!!
Old     (blackcreek22)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-11-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
I know this is a little late, but I say it anyway, I had the same thing happen, just I noticed it before the bolts broke. If you pull the carpet back you should see a bunch of white silicon, pick it all out and you should see the nuts, and yes they should slap whoever decided not to use lock nuts on these. I was able to get to the three nuts on the top of the platform holding plates. Don't take the bottom 2 screws out, they are self tapping into the hull. I also made a stupid mistake that worked in my favor. I bought oval headed screws instead of flat screws, but the bonus was there was less play with that extra height on the oval headed screws. After you replace the bolts, silicone the crap out of it and you should be good to go. Hope this helps, sorry it was so tardy.......