Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
anyone (aside from people that ride for o'brien) ridden the new o'brien bindings, specifically the argon, ion or the xenon?

what are your thoughts on them?
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
I tried the xenon and thought they were good. Great heel hold down and tightened up great but I thought they were very stiff and I like some movement. I still prefer my cwb Zeus over them in every category... there comfy, supportive, and have a great hold..(But that could be cuz I ride for them) No I really do like the Zeus. Also my brother tried the Argons and he liked those allot but he said that they were very leaned forward and he doesn’t like that. I personally prefer the knees bent style so Argons might be right for me. Never tried the Ions but maybe one day... no offense but there pretty ugly lil things!! lol
Hope that helps!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
yeah, i liked the zeus, too, but found it to be way too constricting. (is that a word?) i like bindings that feel like they're not even there, but are very supportive. i don't know if that makes any sense, but my current bindings are very supportive, but i can tweak out grabs and my bindings won't limit the poke. but, i stay in them after most falls. if i were to come out of them, getting back in them is a piece of cake. most of all, they're very comfortable...they really feel like a pair of comfy shoes!
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-29-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
i havnt personally rode in them but i do have to say they are quite different looking then anything else on the market. maybe obrien is trying to make a statement?
Old    joe49er            11-29-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
Chris - you ride the 2005 Zues & you are calling other bindings ugly? Muhaaahahahahhaha
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-29-2004, 6:01 PM Reply   
Joe, you don't like punk rock bling? Well that's just a shame. Some folks really like them a lot. Personally I'm not too fond of them either, but I don't choose my bindings on appearance. I look for functionality & the Zeus kick @$$ on that front. Go Chargers, hahahaha!!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
hey hey hey hey.... don't be calling my babies ugly!!! The 2005 Zeus bindings are the bindings that would come out of "MTV's Pimp My Wakboard"... So much chrome that King Titus be hatin'on them! lol
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-29-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have ridin, them, but then again I ride for O'brien, so my opinion is biased. But I really love the Argon, Last year I rode the Ion. It's a very solid binding, if it they would not have made the Argon, I would totaly still ride the ions. Go for it you wont be let down.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       12-01-2004, 12:48 AM Reply   
Joe,
I've been using the Ion's for nearly 2 years now and I love them. Very durable, and strong. Probably the strongest set of bindings I've owned. The only thing I've had to replace on them are the laces after a season. Footbeds are comfy once broken in.
The dual lace set up allows you to adjust the tension over your entire the way you want it.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
Joe switch from DU, never!!
Being serious, lidberg let me take his new board for a spin and he had the 05 sockets on it and they were great. I prefered them over the 05 transits. IMO you should look into the 05 sockets.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-01-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
i might just do that. thanks kristian!