Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       09-21-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey!

I want to buy a brand new wakeboard set. I've searched allot but it is very difficult to make a choice. Maybe someone here can help me?

Board:
Cwb Marius
Lf Omega

Binding:
Cwb Faction '07
Lf Shane closed
Lf Ultra

thanks
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-21-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
I just bought an '06 Marius and '06 Hyperlite 3DS bindings. The board is super wide, excellent for soft and stable landings. Lots of pop too.

As far as bindings, I opted for the 3DS because they are super stiff with excellent hold down. At first it was kinda weird with the closed toe but they are awesome. Hyperlite offers a lifetime limited warranty on their stuff, which is a big plus too.

Later
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-21-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Have you got to demo the boards and bindings that you are looking at? If not I would say demo all the ones you like and then make a decision on what you feel rides the best to you.
You will get riders that will say get the CWB( like me)and you will get riders that say get the L.F.
It really only matter what you feel rides the best for you.
If you cant demo, then I say buy the Marius with the Factions, but thats just my opinion.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       09-22-2006, 4:24 AM Reply   
Here in the Netherlands you 'can't' demo, so it would be nice somebody can help me with the choice. Maybe some guys would share there opinion.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2006, 4:49 AM Reply   
Marius+3DS=lots of fun!!!
Old     (kylewake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
the shanes are so awesome, they are so soft and easy in and out the hold is superior and as far as the board i would go for the omega as its really forgiving and smooth , if u want grip youve got it and its still easy to slide.
Old    fishboatwakerider            09-22-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
hyperlite doesn't have a lifetime warranty on their bindings. It's 1 year manufacturer at the manufacturer's discretion
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-22-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
Roy,

The '06 hyperlite bindings and the 07's all have a limited lifetime warranty since none of the hardware is exposed. so say if you rip the overlay you can't just replace it by unscrewing a couple of screws like you can on previous years.

-Zach
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-22-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Sorry,

I ride the CWB Marius and the Factions.....I can't say enough good things about it. I LOVE IT.

Try to demo the boards if you can.

-Zach
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-22-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
marius with factions, that marius is by far the best board i have ever rode and the faction boots are super comfy.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Roy, not true. I spoke directly to the factory last week and on the '06 and newer bindings it is a limited lifetime warranty. Call them yourself.

BTW thanks Zach for backing me up on that. I didn't see your post before I responded.

Erick

(Message edited by firemedic on September 22, 2006)
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       09-22-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
Board: Marius vs. Omege
Binding: Ultra vs. Faction

Which Board and binding you prefer?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-22-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
go with the marius, it will be softer on landings
the omega lands hard

go with the factions, they will be much easier to get into
the ultras are super hard to get your feet into...
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-22-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
as far as the Marius vs. the Omega, get the Marius. The big difference between the two is going to be the landings.

As far as boots, I can't help you there. Factions are super comfy and easy to get into though, but I haven't ridden 'em.
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-23-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
LOVE my factions. best bindings out imo