Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (mrbill)      Join Date: May 2004       05-30-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
I'm a former 1983 Ski Nautique 2001 owner in the market for a new boat. I have a line on a 1996 ski nautique and was wondering how the wake on the newer model ski nautiques compare with the older 2001 model, with weight of course. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
mrbill
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-31-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
I have a 96 nauty and the wake is excellent. I have 600 lbs in the back 350 lbs. on each side of the engine and 250 lbs. in the bow. My buddy has a SAN team and likes to ride behind my boat more than his! Compared to a 2001 it is not as steep which I like. When I ride behind my buddies 88 it is like hitting a wall which is alright for spins but not very smooth when edging in hard. All in all I love mine. There is a nice looking one for sale at iboats.com with a tower.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-31-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
Just like what Alex said. I learned a poop load of tricks behind that boat. When weighted about like he said, it puts out a wake that is comparable to almost any new wake boat.
Old    ihatetubers            05-31-2004, 11:08 PM Reply   
i have to say the ski natique # 2001 wakes are prestine i own a 1987 and i have 120lbs of sand bag in the front and 120lbs of sand bag in the back then 500 on each side and i have say the wake is quite supreme me and my frined both agree that it is just as big as his air natique except his has more shape and he doesnt have sacs everywhere but for $10,000 i can deal with filling up two sacs, and the other good thing with older boats is that u dont have to be constantly worrying about ur seats geting dirty and keeping it clean its a lazy mans dream boat!