Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details.php?id=5110&page=1

everyone has seen the videos of these guys.

Nate Perry absolutely kills it on rails. Marc Rossiter killing the back tails for miles. and Brian Reeder is just dirty.

I would rather film these guys on rails any day over filming some of the top guys behind the boat.

Maybe its something else going but there something about rails that make me happy. And I know the rails in the video are all pretty played out but you see these guys are still doing new things everyday on them. The possibilities of rails you can build and hit are endless also. Its crazy.

Its not just these guys either. Its a lot of guys pushing it on rails. Almost all the slingshot guys are killing it on rails and the shredtown crew are sliding things that weren't meant to slide. Like I talked about other night on stokemeter.com I am not gonna film a full length video en less its all rails. Boat just doesn't do it for me.

So who else out there feels the same way. Rail riding the future? Thats why I think cable parks are the future also because it combines the fun air tricks but with all the rails you want.

So if you could pick to ride The Projects Rail Park all day or ride behind the boat all day?
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-14-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
whats wrong with doing it all?
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-14-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
As sick as rail riding is, I'd take a boat sesh any day!
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-14-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
Dude I love rail riding even though i suck at it and I can appreciate the difficulty but I can't watch a video with only rail riding.
Old     (quick)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
Just being out on my boat makes me happy.........

.......wakeboarding is an added plus.

While I would love to hit rails.....being out on the lake on the boat is second to nothing!!
Old     (skateboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
i think rails are legit, they add style to the sport just like all the other boardsports. but nothing does compare to riding behind the boat all day!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
Rails and parks in general NEED to grow and have more (evident) room to grow, but there will always be some people who want NOTHING to do with rails... except when watching others hit them of course.

i'd rather ride projects all day... simply because i have never ridden a legit park. the Antelope Point marina winch park is the closest thing... FINALLY i got to ride it for the 1st time after the 11th day of trying to... SHEEEZZZE. but it was fun and i got a little strawberry of a scrape on my arm to remember it by
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
Theres always going to be boat its awesome fo sure.

But Rail parks! I can spend some time at a rail park. I havent rode behind a boat in over 4months... rails are addicting.
Old     (dirtydelta)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-15-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
Since i live in california and ride on the delta rails are something that i just see in videos. But i dont mind rails in wakeboarding but unlike you i do not want to see it go totally in this direction. If i want to go hit some rails i have they rest of the year since i live and go to school in Tahoe. I would like to see rails be more simple in wakeboading not some huge objects that overpower the trick that is being done on them. i feel that the urban down rails that some crews have been hitting are progressing it in the right direction though. I wold ride behind a boat anyday over rail also the same in snowboarding a perfect step over jump is so much more epic then and rail in a park.
Old     (toothpick)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-17-2009, 4:56 AM Reply   
Rails give me no adrenaline. Launching off a wake, especially a double up, gives me the adrenaline that got me hooked on wakeboarding in the first place.

I turned sour on rails when I spent a day around smooth water with buddies working on a rail that we each ended up only hitting 10 times or less. Building the rail while there was smooth water to ride on ruined it for me.

I'm lucky though, I get to hit rails all I want at Florida's cable parks, so I still try it out to see if I'll change one day. Hasn't happened yet.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
A full length film of just rail riding would be boring as hell IMO
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-17-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
You guys havent seen rails built and rails filmed like I am talking about.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-17-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
for the full length