Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
I've been surfing for a few years now and consider myself pretty good, I can pop airs, good slides front and back all the basics. I can save the hell out of myself when I fall back but for two years the 3 eluded me...well no more. Today, I spun back to back threes! Just had to share with the brothers.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-11-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Way to Go!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-11-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
congrats HATE N PAIN i have only surfed once but i have mad respect for your skills. it takes alot of balance and body position to surf as well as timing i'm sure for the 3.keep up your progression.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-11-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
nice
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-11-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
dude!!!! yes!!!
Old    surfdad            08-11-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
The surface 3 IS the Holy Grail of tricks! Congrats!
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-11-2010, 9:15 PM Reply   
sick bro...
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2010, 1:08 AM Reply   
Hey man, VERY cool. Gotta get some video or sequence shots so we can see. It took RJ so long to be consistent with his 3s. Great job.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-12-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Awesome! So what was different when you rode it out compared to when you didn't. I can spin all the way around almost every time. I am balanced and looking at the boat. I reach with my lead arm toward the boat and try to pump to keep up, but I can't quite ride it out. I think if I could try on a longer wave I might get it.
Congrats!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
Congrats!!!! I know the feeling, I've only ridden out 2 myself and the first one wasn't even on my own board , 2nd one was this past weekend. I tried about 10 times last night and still can't get it again, I hate this trick.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-12-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Thanks guys and gal. Sue, I like you had the spin part down (had for over a year) its was just learning to transfer weight while keeping as much momentum as possible. I have a long wave so that helps but the past couple weeks when I had been so close it was more just kinda geeking out and not relaxing once the spin was finished. I'd have plenty of wave left but just get all to excited which I recognized so I tried to just relax and it worked. On these two spins I didn't even have to pump to get back into the energy.

I've got a new Bazooka coming that I think will make it all that much easier for me. We'll see.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-13-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
Hate N Pain
I have had the spin down for over a year as well. It's fun to spin around but it would be really sweet to ride it out. I know it can be done on my Sanger V210 wave even though it isn't as long as the bigger boats. Nikki Sixx on WW (Nick), a friend rides for Triple X wakesurf boards and he makes it look so easy to spin behind my boat. You are right about the momentum, Nick spins much faster than I do. I tend to loose my balance when I try to spin faster. I will work on it again tomorrow.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
When i spun fast I would lose all my momentum. It wasn't until I slowed it down some that I was able to maintain speed.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-13-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
I never thought of spinning too fast. For me it seems like when I come around facing the boat, I am too far back in the pocket and I can't catch up. Last time out behind a friends Supra Launch, I felt so close to landing it. Maybe I am spinning in the wrong spot on the wave. I'll be behind my boat tomorrow, so it will be a familiar wave. I play around with different techniques and see what happens.