Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-08-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I am just getting back in the game with a new boat and am still riding my 2005 era. I see alot of the new boards talking about flex. I dont ride cable or hit sliders. Is there a benefit to flex for just riding wake? Im looking into a new board and any insight would be cool. Im an intermediate rider with a consistent 3's and and a few inconsistent inverts
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-08-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
my 2 cents only but in terms of benefit it really depends, I dont think it will make you a better rider, if anything you will have to modify how u ride at first to get the most out of 100% flex boards. If u learn to land tail heavy landings are very smooth but if you land flat its the complete opposite, nothing harsher. The real benefit is the lively feel of the board, ollieing around carving and buttering are way more fun. For the best of both worlds the watson hybrid is a good compromise providing the characteristics of both traditional and flex.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-09-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input man i appreaciate it
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-09-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
the flex are probably easier on your legs too if you have had an injury before.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
Just getting into flex myself. 2nd year on one Landings are pilloweee soft. I mean piloweee

It takes a little while to get used to on the take offs as you have to wait a little longer of the wake from my experience. I don't know why they market them so hard for cables and winching. These things rock off the wake. I for one a sold. The landings alone are worth the $$$. It has allowed me to have way more fun ollieing and butter sliding. Just doing new surface stuff. I think that has led me to have way more fun behind the boat which in turn has brought me to learn some new stuff and got me going again. All in all it really was an easy transition for me. Again very little difference from a standard board as far as pop, edge, and overall wake characteristsics. However again the landings in the flats or casing the wake are cake.

The other huge advantage is that now you can ride your favorite binding if it happens to not be a Slingshot or a Company binding on the flex board. I think that was huge.