Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Doogaloo)      Join Date: May 2010       10-13-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
friend on the lake has this boat and surfs all the time. I went out with last Sunday and noticed the wake was real close to the swim platform. All of the weight (amount ?) was in the back corner. Is there a way of elongating the wave. Anyone with experience on this boat. And if so, what is your setup?
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-13-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Do you have weight in the center ballast bag, or is all the weight in the corner. Weight is needed in that center bag to push the wave back.
How much weight is in the corner?
What speed are you surfing at?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Different boats like different things, best place I have found is starting with a 60/40 split, 60% of the weight in the back and 40% in the front start making changes from there. Take a video camera out, video tape each setup, make sure and detail the setup in the video review them later to determine what the best setup is. On each setup make sure and also vary the speed of the boat also calling it out on the video. It just takes a little time and work, don't stop the first time the wake looks good keep trying different setups until you find the best for the boat.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-15-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have an '08 XLV and this is what i've found in the past summer. The wave/wake is better on the regular side (I need to learn to ride regular). Regular side I can get a very nice tall, medium-long wake with 1100lb rear sac, 400lb on the surf side seat, 1180 center sac full, and extra 400lb sac in the bow, about 200-250 in the opposite side 1100 rear sac. Sound like a lot of weight and it is. I have yet to try more bow weight than the 400lb or extra people up front but I can only imagine I'll lose a little height but gain more length.

My girlfriend and I are goofy footed and this is what we use. 1100lb rear sac full, 200-250lbs filled in the opposite side,1180 center sac full, 400lb sac in the bow, 400lbs of Pop-Bags under surf side seat, and 400lb sac on the surf side seat. Yes, that is 3,500lbs of ballast and just me and my girlfriend in the boat.

This pic is before I got 400lbs of Pop bags so it's actually even better.

This is probably the goofiest pic I've ever been in but it was my very first attempt at riding heelside. I'm 6'00" so you can probably guess that if I was at the bottom of the wake, the wake would be about hip high, maybe alittle less. I've never seen anyone else on this forum trying to dial in a Moomba XLV so I think I'm getting there. This is my first wake boat and I've only been experimenting this summer.

Last edited by you_da_man; 10-15-2010 at 2:07 PM.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-18-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
My goofy set up on my 06 xlv is
1000 right rear locker
400 under seat behind driver
1180 front bag
plate at 1/2
speed 11.5
modified rear swim platform that does not touch water at all
wake seems to give great push
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-19-2010, 4:02 AM Reply   
Ops, also add 400 to left rear locker