Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-11-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Okay here is the deal. A certain type of pull that I have been doing for the last few years might be "no longer available" to me and I'm a few hours a way from my buddy's with boats so I'm looking at a new pull. I'm looking at either
1. Kite because I don't really have any wakeboarding friends around here and the lake that is close is usually pretty windy. Plus I don't have to pay for gas and it just looks badass. Plus can pull me on land with my longboard and snow on the flint hills

2. PWC. Wife said I could get one but not sure if I would be allowed to build many rails so this would be a great way for me to improve on my skating, which needs improvement!! Probably wouldn't do much wakeboarding here, would have to get behind a boat for that unless I can find a lake to build some rails

3. Winch. Could open up lots of possibilities but haven't really google earthed my area much but I know there are lots of little areas to ride on. Plus will pull me on my longboard and snow if needed to.

I would just like everybody's opinion. Each one could be nice to hit rails with, are you guys seeing where I'm going with this
Thanks
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
winch would be cool. I have one in the works, just need a few more parts and i plan on starting to build it sometime around xmas.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
I lost my boat connect a few years ago and tried the kite thing for a season. I learned how to ride, but never truly got into it and still always wished I was wakeboarding. Waiting for winds can be a pain and I never got that good at riding up wind. I ended up selling my kite equipment and went skateboarding (long board and skate park bowls) to get my fix. I eventually pulled enough money to buy a boat.

I would try the winch before the PWC, but I have not tried either.
Old    mojo            10-11-2010, 10:31 PM Reply   
aluminum jon boat for wakeskating.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-12-2010, 4:02 AM Reply   
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-12-2010, 7:06 AM Reply   
Make new friends

All of the options listed above are great for filling the gaps in shred time... but unless you're riding cable... the boat is irreplaceable.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-12-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Ya Lee if I had the money for a 2.0 I would just get a used boat so great suggestion. I can't ride cable anymore and I will be buying a boat in two-three years I just need something to fill in the "gap" I'm leaning toward winch, then Kite and than PWC. RM, a jon boat would be cool though!!
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-13-2010, 5:17 AM Reply   
Can I ask, what's going on with cable up there?
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-13-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
Cheap outboard -- late 70's or early 80's 15-16' tri-hull open bow with Evinrude/Johnson 65+ hp is an inexpensive setup ($1000-$2000) that can pull 2 wakeboarders, doesn't require much maintenance/winterization, can hold up to 6 in the boat, good fuel economy...a lot of fun potential.
Old     (rival)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-13-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
No ones coming clean with whats going on with KCW. I've heard some things but nothing official...maybe Mike wants to clear the air instead all of us speculating...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
there's plenty of riders looking, opportunity for a club or something at Hillsdale