Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-30-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
What would you all recommend as a first invert if all I've got is a small wake? I hear a tantrum is normally one of the easiest, does that still hold true for a small wake? My boat (Whaler 17') is under 2000# fully loaded with all my friends so my wake isn't a whole lot bigger than a jet ski.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-30-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
me and my friend both have i/o's... he's going for a backroll and i'm going for a raley...

i'd say a backroll...he's gotten really close, but your wake sounds smaller than our by a little bit
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-30-2007, 7:37 PM Reply   
Ive thrown a backroll on a pretty small boat. Keep the handle really close and bend you knees :-)
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-30-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Backrolls are easier than tantrums for me in general, whether its a small wake or large one. You just gotta work a little harder for the smaller wakes.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-30-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
My sons were throwing tantrums behind our old I/O with no tower or ballast, for some reason they made it look easy without much air.
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-31-2007, 3:40 AM Reply   
Thanks for the idea, sounds like back roll it is. Any tips on how to pull off a back roll are welcome too. :-)
Old     (wkbdboi)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
you need a little bit of wake for a tantrum to kick you up, but for a backroll you do all of the work yourself by loading the line. so if it is a wake problem I say go for a backroll.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2007, 4:28 AM Reply   
Tantrums are easier to do on small wakes because of the trip-flip effect. Backroll's require you to cut through the whole wake, so the smaller the wake the harder.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-31-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Backroll would be the trick to try.
You can do rolls in the flats with no wake at all.
So it proves its all technique.
Load the line and edge all the way thru the wake.
its all about line tension and standing tall
Old     (nowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-31-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
I would love to hear how to backroll in the flats. Is there a special trick to it?
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-31-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Ive got an inboard with no tower and the flip i'm trying first is just a toeside front flip
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-31-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Matt..just just look at the cable park riders.
Same concept.
No wakes, just lots of load on the line and edge..