Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2005, 5:07 AM Reply   
I am starting to plan my spring break trip for Havasu. I've never done it, any tips like best locations, campgrounds...? thanks

Won't be bringing the boat, too costly to tow from Nor Cal, and i don't want it to get thrashed. Hoping to just trade beers for rides :-)

Anyone else possibly down to carpool and/or camp out? must be ready to party huge-style tho.. hehe
Old     (liquid1)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-04-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
If you dont have a boat, youll defeitly want to be close to London Bridge, which is one of the hangout/party areas and the only one you can get to if you landlocked. There are a few campgrounds close by, although the names arent popping into my head. You can also get some pretty decent condo rentals, if you book far enough ahead and arent going on what is considered a peak season weekend.
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
Best place for what you're describing is Crazy Horse campground.
http://www.crazyhorsecampgrounds.com/
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-04-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
Kevin, Have a great time at Havasu. But if you are drinking, be careful. There will be patrols everywhere. Not to mention a ton of kids in and around the water. Also, last year they closed the bridge area due to carbon monoxide levels, at least one person died from asfixeasion (sp).
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Yes, Crazy Horse looks awesome from what I found online last nite (yes I was up till like 5:45am in my excited state). I definitely want to be in the absolute heart of the party action. Yes I will be drinking... a lot, so thanks for the warning, always stay safe fo sho.

Are the campsites secure enough? They are much cheaper than the hotels I've been researching, plus seemingly better locations. I won't be bringing much/anything valuable, but it would still suck to have anything jacked :-(
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-04-2005, 5:04 PM Reply   
There are a couple chicks I know headed down there for Spring Break they are really hot and kewl Paris & Crystal. Ive always wanted to do the Springbreak thinkg but never really did. Now Im to old
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
Bring LOTS O WATER if you are camping in the Havasu sun. ITS HOT!!!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-06-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
Is it Hot even in march?
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-06-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
ya, its really hot, almost not worth camping, better off getting a hotel or having a motor home, anything wtyh AC....
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-06-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
How hot could it be in March? 90's? Havasu is in Arizona right?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-06-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
awwww, never too old!!!!

But yeah, the idea of bringing a lot of water is awesome, i didn't think of that. Hopefully camping will be ok, i'm a warm weather person, the lack of AC is liveable, as for the rest of my group, i guess we'll manage.

Daniel- how are your friends planning on getting there?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-06-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Im not sure, I will ask them tomorrow, they work at a place called the Zone its a sports bar, I have lunch there all the time. I will let you know
Old    buttacup            02-07-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
I second the water thing. I would also bring a vest so you can use it to float while you're in Copper Canyon :-) My friends brother got arrested for BUI and taken all the way to Needles. He was drinking too much and decided to drive an unregistered boat. Last time i was there the patrol was out and that was in August.
Old    millrlite            03-10-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
I spent last spring break at Crazyhorse campgrounds and it was awesome, but this year they closed it down for spring break. Does anyone know where the springbreakers are going to go? Where is someother prime party camp sites for college students???
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-10-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
I'll be heading out on the 18th of March. We'll have a Centurion V-Drive & a mastercraft. Daniel, what are those chicks numbers. Could always use a little more company...

It will be warm, but definately not hot. By early May it starts getting really hot, until then don't worry about it.

Hahahaha, if you see this boat stop me & say whattup.

Old    millrlite            03-10-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
Me and My Roomate rebuilt a 1976 Sea Ray, We will be heading to Copper Canyon....any idea where to go for camping at night where the party doesnt stop?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
Kevin- We're heading to Havasu in Mid May for our third annual trip. There is a condo complex we stay at close to the London Bridge and is CHEAP!! Great place to stay. Two Bed, two bath for somewhere around $540 or $570 a week. Can't beat it! We stay there every year. Let me know if you're still looking for a place to stay.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-10-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
After calling all the campgrounds, we found that all were either full or no longer offering tent camping. So we have booked 2 hotel rooms... a bit more expensive than the original plan, but still not too bad compared to other destinations such as Florida. I think all us spring breakers will be forced to all the motels and/or condos all over the place. Should still be fun, and I'm not gonna complain about the a/c and added security of a room instead of a tent for the gear.

Kraig- thanks for the offer! I'll be at the Motel 6 which is really close to the bridge too. We should definitely link up and party like crazy. I'm stressin about finals right now, but going insane with excitement for my first Havasu trip.

Stephan- I'll be lookin for ya since I wont be bringing my boat. Hehe, maybe I can trade some beers for some pulls.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
We'll be riding early near the Dam, so a good ways away from you. We'll probably be heading up to the party zone a little later, most likey in the Centurion Elite V-Drive. White & black, tower speakers & 3 dudes & 2 girls.
Old    millrlite            03-11-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Is Windsor beach a good place to camp or is it heavily regulated by rangers. What are all the spring breakers going to do for campsites and desert parties at night? Is there some 4x4 trails that offer good camping? I really don't want to drop a lot of money on a hotel because we are bringing about four couples and hotels just seems like a bad idea. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-11-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
No idea about how much the Rangers hate on the sites in Windsor... maybe just get a motel/hotel and set up times for the rooms for each couple haha :-)
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-16-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
anybody gonna have room for me to ride this saturday and sunday? where are the good hotels and close campsites at?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Alright so the weather is supposed to suck this weekend. I'm thinking about postponing the trip til next weekend when hopefully the weather will be nicer & I actually get a day off of work. We shall decide by tonight.