Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    foobysmacker            06-15-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
I'm finally getting around to putting a stereo in my Sanger V210 and am curious where others have theirs mounted (and how). Have never seen the stock stereo as mine didn't have one.

Thoughts on location--
- Passenger "glove box". Are there factory glove boxes that have installation holes/rails for a head unit? Has anyone made one? What do you do about a remote for this location (no line of site for IR, not sure if there are decks that have RF or wired remotes)

- On the lower left corner of the dash-- there is a plate that looks like it would cover a stereo installation hole but there is fiberglass a few inches behind it (I'm assuming this area was made for extra gauges?). Does anyone have any experience cutting through this stuff for a deck install? More importantly, where can I find an enclosure for the front of the deck with a tilt-up door to keep it dry?

- Somewhere else? Is there anywhere else I should think of installing the deck?

Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-15-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
Mine is in the glove box with a wired remote on the drivers left. I added the switches for the ballast above the remote. (might want to leave some room for those at a later date install)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
I installed mine in the dash to the left. Cutting the glass wasn't as hard as I thought, It was 1/2" thick and I thought it was going to be a major but I just got a sabre saw in there and it cut like butter.
Old    foobysmacker            06-15-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
Looks great, Darren.

Did you just cut the deck-sized hole in both the panel and the rear fiberglass? I assume the rear fiberglass actually provides a little more support for the deck. Seeing it installed on yours makes me want to do something similar.

Are those ballast switches above? I ended up getting the stock-style switches Ty referenced in his ballast install but I think I only have space left for one or two at the most.

Is that a stock 6" speaker? How do you like that placement? I'm thinking of 4 x 6.5" coax speakers and a sub under the driver's feet. I've been considering two front speakers facing each other in the bow walkway but I'm still undecided. I'm curious what you're running-- amps, total watts, etc. and how you like it.

Thanks for posting the pic!
Old    foobysmacker            06-15-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
John-- what deck are you using that has a wired remote? Is the deck installed custom or did you have an existing mount point for it?

Thanks
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
Yes, removed the carbon fibre piece & cut the rubber out with a craft knife. Once I had that hole I did a keyhole surgery with the sabre saw. I cut up and around in U shape. I'll see if I can take a photo up in behind if you like.

Yes they are ballast switches, I have black rubber booties which go over them now so they look more factory.

That is the stock position for the speaker, I only have a grill there, the only speakers I have in the boat are subs (a 10" in the rear locker & 12" at the feet), everything else is on the tower. 2000W in total. I like it a lot.

I would advise against speakers in the walk through, my last boat had it and I wouldn't do that again.

Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-16-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
im000457
Sony.............This might help
Old    foobysmacker            06-16-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
Very nice. Thanks!
Old    chris138            06-17-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
hey guys love the sanger sterios looks good hey darren, remeber how i wanted u to make me that box, well we got one made with 6 6x9 to the back and 2 6x9 pointing down, we pick it up tommarow ill post pics on this trend when i take some ill post the whole system, we also have the deck of too the left of the stering wheel as shown in darrens pic, ill put pics of the v230 up when i get some.
peace, chris
Old    chris138            06-17-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
tomarrow sry
Old    foobysmacker            06-17-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
hey john-- what head unit do you have that has that sweet remote panel? All the decks I've seen have wireless IR remotes which would clearly suck in this type of install.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-17-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
It is a sony explode, They make 2 different kinds the other one is round. I bought it at the local stereo shop.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2004, 2:43 AM Reply   
Thats cool Chris, glade you got hooked up, I hope it rocks your world. Post pics!