Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    balldwg15            07-19-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
I have a hurricane deck boat}}}
Old    balldwg15            07-19-2004, 4:09 PM Reply   
}}

sorry trying to learn how to do this. But anyway, I have a Hurricane deck boat. I don't know if this picture will work but if you type that in you will find pictures. I have been unable to get any better at wakeboarding for a couple years now. So I have 500 dollars to spend. My rope hooks up to the bottom of the boat. Should I get a pylon? Whats the deal with the $300 skylon "install yoursel"/"removable" pylons? And then the big thing is the wake. Im pretty consistent at about 2-3 feet of air. I need bigger. I had 9 people in the boat this weekend and it helped a lot. So can my boat handle fat sacs? Like a 500 pounder. Do I have to buy a pump as well? How do I fill it? One last question, does the crappy rope I use make any difference? Please leave suggestions. Im sick of doing boring jumps.

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
if your boat is fiberglass and longer then 16ft get some sacs. You would be better off with 2 smaller sacs then one big one. like 2-250lb sacs = 500lbs. You need a pump to fill it. You could go ghetto and buy some cheap 6 gallon gas tanks from walmart and fill those up with water without a pump. It would take a while but would weight the boat. You do need a non-stretch rope and a homemade pylon can be made for like $50.
Old    bslakh            07-19-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Tyler, I thought the same thing you did. Until I graduate college I am stuck riding behind a fish/ski boat, althoug we did make a pole and bought a good rope. We suck even to this day, and thought surely its the boat's wake not being big enough. One day at a local lake a guy asked if I would give him a pull. So I gave him a pull behind my boat, wearing my board and life jacket. He threw everything in the book and threw it huge. Its not the equipment, at least in my case!!!