Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-20-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
You guys may have seen my other post, similar topic. We are trying to keep oou lake as free as possible for boarders. We were wondering if you guys have any restictions as far as boarding time/ballast/boats allowed.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-20-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
I used to live right next to Lake Tapps. Man I miss that place.
Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-21-2008, 12:36 AM Reply   
i have wakeboarded there once and i think u can ride there anytime ( dawn to dusk). for ballest i am not sure. And for boats i think anything is allowed
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-21-2008, 1:01 AM Reply   
My grandparents used to live on Tapps Island, bought their land for 14,000 back in the day. Anyways, I love Tapps, lots of docks to slide and huge rope swings.

Tapps doesn't really have any wakeboarding restrictions. Only speed limits in a couple channels and that boats can't stop and group up in coves and stuff.

(Message edited by shredsickgnar on February 21, 2008)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2008, 5:58 AM Reply   
I grew up on Tapps. The lake sucks for riding. The break waters around the lake make it a virtual washing machine. There aren't any restrictions as far as ballast is concerned but if you want smooth water your going to have to continue driving from one place to another to avoid riding in your own back wash.

Now if you wanna see the flora and fawna the cove on the north end is an awesome place to tie up and party. It's got talent and then some.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
Cliff, your talking about Buttrocker's cove!! Aww the memories.

You used to be to ride through the channels, but I heard that they put a stop to that.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2008, 6:59 AM Reply   
I "heard" all the men from Capital Hill hang out in the cove on the north end...........
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
bbr,

My cousins rented the old beat up green house with the tree swing next to the cove when they were in college. It's gone now, but the memories from those parties will never fade.

Scotty,

It's ok to come out now.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
I think I remember that place, pretty small, and had a deck on the roof right?
Old    nwwakerider            02-21-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
I live pretty close to tapps. We used to jump off the bridges out there until the police started writing tickets. It always seemed like it was way too choppy too ride, that why all the people ended up in the party coves. Most of the people at the park are douche bags too. just my $0.02
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
bbr,

yep.