Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-13-2005, 10:57 PM Reply   
Its the best purchase to make to bring a family really close! The kids love it, I love it and so does the MRS. We all go out together and have a blast. The wake behind it is actually really nice, with a couple of people in the back and the trim adjusted right. I really cant ask for much more at the level that im riding. It plains pretty quick and is easy on the checking account. Some new accessories are already on the way. Will keep people posted if they are interested

I just finished the garage around it.

Here is the updated Toy Box

pic
pic2
pic3

(Message edited by extremeisaac on September 13, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
Very nice! Wish I had a garage for my boat. I can hardly fit my boards in mine.
Old    trout            09-14-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
which model is it??

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
175 with the XT Package
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-14-2005, 3:59 PM Reply   
Its a bayliner guys
Looks pretty nice for an i/o
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
Thanks,

Its really a comfortable and fun boat to own. It looks pretty sharp to.

It fit perfect in my garage. Its a very deep garage, I still have 2 feet in front and back. All I need now is my welder and it will be the garage Ive always wanted
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-15-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Looks great! welcome to the club.

If you are new to this game I am sure there are lots of things that you need (you just don't know it yet)... perfect pass, wakeboard racks, tunes, gator grip, specialty ropes, more boards...

MIG/TIG/stick? I need one too but not quite sure for what yet?

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
Mikeski,

thanks for the welcome!

Wakeboard racks should be here tomorrow, I have a really nice tow rope, Tunes are being worked on,

2 boards isnt enough?

Im not sure which I want either, but figure if your going to be welding SS or Aluminum thicker than 1/2" you will need a industrial strengh welder, which I think is to much for garage projects.

www.harborfreight.com has some good deals on smaller welders. Might want to check that out

Whats Gator Grip?

(Message edited by extremeisaac on September 15, 2005)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-15-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
http://www.wakejunky.com/

I am not allowed to visit Harbor Freight Tools, kind of like a AA member going to a bar.

Only two boards? I just ordered my second set of racks. No waterskis?

Waterski rope, wakeboard rope with rubber handle for those who insist on using gloves, wakeboard rope with EVA handle for the rest of us, color matched bumpers with custom braided lines, dock lines, fat sack, ipod...
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
ok..

Got waterskis
I have a really nice wakeboard rope
2 Ipods
Dock lines
color matched bumpers

No real need for a phat sack yet. The wake is actually pretty nice behind it, Ill post some pics from this weekend when we go out.

The only other thing I would really like is a nice extended swim platform. That is deffinatly on the list to get.

Harbor Freight rocks!
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-15-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
i have a lincoln electric mig welder that can be used with gas...if your learning mig is the way to learn, super easy and super fun, you can pick one up at lowes for about 400
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
If you can use a pencil you can use a MIG welder. I love MIG's. Perfect for most household projects, just make sure you get a decent one otherwise they'll do weird stuff like not weld upside down. I really like Lincoln welders.
Old     (sacdeep)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-16-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
The Hobart Handler is by far the best 110v mig welder on the market get it at any welding store. Dont waste your time or money on any of that flux core crap sold at Lowes or Home Depot send the extra $$ its well worth it
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-19-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice guys! Ill continue to do my homework!
Old     (styk33)      Join Date: Aug 2004 Location: NorCal       09-19-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
Be careful with the welding. I know many folks that can use a pencil, but I cannot read what they write. Welding is not complex, but some simple instruction from someone experienced can go a long way. Take a 6 week class at a JC is what I usually recommend.

You need a wheel chaulk!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
I do agree there is some skill required to use a Mig and get a nice looking bead, but compared to Tig it's really pretty simple.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-20-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
My new XTP board racks came last night! woohoo Ill post a pic as soon as I get them on :-)
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
Congrats, definitely gonna be a lot of fun. And you will never have 'enough' boards hehe. Why 2 iPods though?

MIG rocks! :-) Learn on a stick/arc first, and then you will really appreciate the MIG.
Old    ryan_bailey            09-25-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Anyone know who the tower is made by?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
The tower is made by XTP Xtreme Tower Products.
They are a killer killer company. I had called them with some questions and ordered a board rack for it and Chase is a really cool Kat to deal with
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-25-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
Xtreme is the same company that makes the factory towers for Mastercraft, Supra, Moomba and a bunch of others. They know towers.
Old    ryan_bailey            09-25-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
Is this the same tower that comes on the 205 Capri?
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-25-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
why limit yourself... get both

here are the "toys" i have in the garage

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=19154

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentdatasheet.asp?p=12814

too bad i dont have a boat to put in the garage yet
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-25-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
Nice setup Isaac! As far as welders go, get it so you can weld with gas but save yourself the frustration of running gas and just buy innershield wire. You can weld outside and if you have a 10 mile an hour wind it wont blow your shielding gas and make your weld go to sh#t because your wire is shielded from the inside.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I really appreceate all the compliments on the boat/garage! you guys all seem to be a great group! Im really happy with the boat, I have been taking it out wakeboarding every weekend since I bought it.

Are there lots of people here from the bay area?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2005, 1:29 AM Reply   
hell yeah baby, Oakland (during the summer), otherwise I'm in Davis during the school year. I go to the Delta either way :-) Glad to see you are gettin some awesome use of your new toy! Enjoy the hours you put on it, rock on
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-16-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
thanks!

I just got back from a day at Anderson. the weather is fricken awesome!
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-17-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
Isaac--
I had plans to take the kids to Anderson yesterday but feared weather would be cool & windy . I am kicking myself in the butt because yesterday turned out great . Still trying to get out 1 more time before it gets too cold .
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-17-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
Ya, Anderson was great.. we got out there about 11am it was a bit windy and a little choppy but around 1230 there was no wind, the sun was warm and the water got glassy, ended up being a perfect day. Im really hoping to get out there a couple of more times.