Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-15-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
Well I listed my board for sale and got a response but I don't know something seems fishy about it.
Somehow I don't think I want to be involved in money laundering. Below is my email correspondance.

Dear ,
Thanx for the mail and the brife explianation,i am very sorry for getting back to you so late i had to enquire if this is okay by my customer and she did made me understand that the condition is okay by her and she had agree to pay you $400.00 as for payment i have an associate in U.S.A who i will instruct to issue out payment to you before he leaves the state ,before he leaves, i will instruct him to ssue out payment to you MONEY ORDER so that we can complete this deal as soon as ossible.I, will instruct him to issue out the sum of $3,900 will cover it's price and the shipping,as soon as the payment is in your possesion i will like you to deduct it's price and wire the rest balance to my shipping agent that will arrange for the pick up . if this arrangement is okay by you i will lik eyou to get back to me with your full name and contact address as to where payment will be sent to,is as follow....
FULL NAME.....
STREET........
STATE ... ...
CITY.........
ZIP CODE...
COUNTRY......
CELL PHONE.......
PHONE............
Your immediate reasponse will be highly be appreciated. pls do forward it to me.
Kind Regards.

David Eckhardt <detonate69@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hello,
Yes money order or cashier check will be acceptable.
I will require waiting for the payment to clear though
before you receive the items.

1. Yes it is still for sale.
2. I have had a few offers but want $370
3. Pics Sent
4. Board is in good condition. some scuffs on the
bottom from being stored with my wakeskate. nothing
major. the bindings are also in good condition with
little to no wear visible.

Let me know if you want it.

--- mark buyer wrote:
>
> Hi Seller,
> This is Eng.MAK BUYER.I must state my interest in
> purchasing
> of your (item). I will like to know if MONEY ORDER
> or CASHIER
> CHECK,will be acceptable for payment.please get back
> to me with the following
> details
> at your earliest convenience.
> 1) if still available for sale......
> 2) your last offer price....
> 3) email me pics if available.....
> 4) Email detail discription of its present
> condiction.
> Your immediate response will be much appreciated.
> thanks,
> N.B, You can quick contact me at :
> MARK_BUYER103@YAHOO.COM
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced
> search. Learn more.

Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
hmmmmm yeah that does sound a little shady....just seems like he worded stuff really weird......have you heard back from them yet?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-15-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
I got the same thing but mine was way more bizarre than that.

------------------------------------------------

How are you today and sorry for the late update as regards the check,Have you received the check from JOHN EDWARD, W C C U CREDIT UNION for the Amount of $2,150 I will also like to bring to your notice that My wife condition has gotten serious and she has been flown to United Kingdom for proper medical care and that my personal assistance will be coming for the pick up at your location and not Shipping agent as previously agreed.

What I will like you to do is to please cash the check and transfer $2,000 less transfer charge to the Hospital in the UK out of the balance money by Western union I will await your confirmation imm. you receive check after you transfer the $2,000 to UK.

This is the information for the transfer of $2,000:

SENDER'S NAME:
RECEIVER'S NAME :- NICK SAMUEL
RECEIVER'S ADDRESS :- 30 OLIVE ROAD PLAISTOW
POST CODE :- E13 9PZ
CITY :- LONDON
TEST QUESTION:What is my age
Answer: 48
CONTROL NO:

I will await your confirmation later today.
Regards,
James.

Thane House <thanehouse@hotmail.com> wrote:
sorry dude, I sold it already. I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I will forward your check to it's destination.

Thane Dogg
----- Original Message -----
To: Thane House
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: Confirmation.

Dear Thane,

How are you today, sorry for the late response as this was due to my Wife's illness.

I will like to confirm that the check has been sent and should be receive by you before the weekend at the address you forwarded to me.

I await your response as soon as you receive and please join me in praying for my wife as I love Her dearly

Regards,
James.

Thane House <thanehouse@hotmail.com> wrote:
so let me get this straight dude: you're gonna send me a check for for $2150, and I send a check to your store for $1900? hmmmmmm, sounds kinda strange to me but whatever. Why couldn't your client send the check to the store?

To: Thane House
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 1:21 AM
Subject: Payment and arrangement

Dear Thane,
Once again, I thank you for your reply towards my enquiry to :Gonzales 142 from you. Indeed, I want to buy the Gonzales 142 and would like to inform you once again that the mode of payment is going to be by casher's check. This check will be sent to you by my client who lives in the Uk and he is oweing me some amount of Dollars which is($2,150) so I decided to use the money to buy the Gonzales 142 from you.

So as soon as you get the check you are to deduct your selling price and forward the remaining excess fund to my Store. You may wonder why did I not receive this check directly from my client. yes, I could have receive it directly from my client but for the fact that it will take 30-32 days to clear in the bank here in United Kingdom,So decided to use to buy the said item from you. To make this payment available to you, I will need the following information from your Full name, Address and mobile phone.

As per the Shippment,my shipping agent will c! ome down to you for the pick-up and some other ecessary arrangement to be done.

Regards,
James...

House <thanehouse@hotmail.com> wrote:
where you from dude? I'll sell it for $250. I don't have a pic but it's in very good condition I take really good care of my stuff.

Thane Dogg
To: thanehouse@hotmail.com
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 7:26 PM
Subject: 05 Gonzales 142

Greeting to you and i hope i have not disturbed you.I only just saw the advert of your 05 Gonzales 142 for sale and how much you wish to sell it for me.will need a little escription and /or a recent phonoto help me know the present condition.Thank you for your assistance hope to hear from you soonest..

Sincerely,
James...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.

Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-15-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
No offense, but you'd be an idiot to even consider continuing the correspondence with this guy. (unless you just want to play along)
Old    kingjaycee            04-15-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
These scams have been going on for the last year or so.

becareful!
Old     (cpt_tripps)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-15-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
I am trying ot sell a baby crib and matching dresser on craigs list and have recieved 3 of these emails in the last 3 days.

I jsut ripped into the last guy saying all kinds of raw crap.

I despise thieves!
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-15-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
Check this out......... :-)

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Check out how this guy strings them along..

HAHAHAHA!!!
Old    lance_ss            04-15-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
dont do it!!! my parents got ripped hardcore about a year ago...most of the time the money orders are fake. be careful! it's horse****
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
That's funny. Have him send you the cashiers check and see if you can cash it, but don't send him anything until you have cash in hand and your bank says the check is good.

Old    skatie            04-16-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
this is a total scam! we had a guy like this try to buy our boat. it's a wide spread internet scam. we sent notice to the fbi, they have a whole internet division for stuff like this. i can't believe people actually agree to it! they must though, because people keep doing it.
Old    dclems            04-16-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
DON'T DO IT, my aunt got scammed like this and i had someone try to scam me. tell them %&@$ off!
Old     (apmullaly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2005, 11:43 PM Reply   
This scam has been going on for years, not just the last one. the ebola site is very funny, i remember reading it a year or two ago.

Cashing the check wont protect you because it takes the bank about 8 to 10 days to determine its fake and then the money comes out of your pocket.

the worst rip offs actually sucker people into flying to Nigeria to deal with some of these guys, its a spinoff of the Nigerian millions scam.
Old    bigdtx            04-17-2005, 7:01 AM Reply   
Two words: wire transfer.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-17-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
i just got scammed, i went to my local automobile dealer and bought an SUV, and then the gas prices just shot up
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-17-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
The same thing happened to me with my truck. Ask them why they can't western union you the money. Do not send them any money.
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       04-19-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
I understand that Western Union transfers(as well as cashiers checks) are also in the "scam" range. It's funny how the sentence construction is almost identical for all these "cons."