Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Chaneyjl)      Join Date: May 2011       03-14-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
Anyone know of any Decent Lakes within an hour of Tampa? Family has a Lake house in Ocala, But am looking for something closer for a buddy to get his boat out more regular.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            03-14-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Not many public lakes around here but there is Tarpon lake, Lake Seminole & Lake Thonotosassa and sometimes guys will go out in the Hillsborough river. Everything else is private lakes...wish I still had my access to Lake magdalene (one of the best in tampa).
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-14-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
The best spot in Tampa is The Hillsborough river. It is protected on both sides so even on windy days you can find a smooth strip. Bit tricky to find the ramp as its in someones back yard though.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-14-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
Lee, I'll be back to Florida for a week in June we can take my boat out on Keystone when I back if you want. We lived on Tarpon for a while and it's okay if it's not windy.

What's up DeeCee?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            03-14-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Keystone is killer! Tarpon really stinks, as you mentioned 8 out of 10 times its blown out. Thankfully I now have a hookup for butter 24/7.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-14-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
Do you put in at the rotary river park ramp?
Old     (Chaneyjl)      Join Date: May 2011       03-14-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
Sounds good CJ. You still got your boat? My wife's cousin's ended up getting a 01 x-star. Big step up from the 81 Stars and Stripes they had.

Does Thonotosassa have any place to pull up close to shore? I looked at google maps and looks like the ramp is off a canal. My buddy lives in Plant City so that is right there.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            03-14-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaneyjl View Post
Sounds good CJ. You still got your boat? My wife's cousin's ended up getting a 01 x-star. Big step up from the 81 Stars and Stripes they had.

Does Thonotosassa have any place to pull up close to shore? I looked at google maps and looks like the ramp is off a canal. My buddy lives in Plant City so that is right there.
Havent been out there in awhile but theyre about to start developing some large homes on the lake so Im thinking should start seeing some improved grooming and upkeep.

If hes in plant city...Lakeland has a few different public lakes with boat ramps.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-14-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
Still have it thou it's in Tampa and I'm in Reno. Should be listing it for sale once it gets back from the detailer Friday. If it has not sold by June we can go ride.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-14-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Yo CJ!! Whats up man. Been a while. Call me when you come in June and I will show ya the new Tampa spot. As far as Thonotosassa the ramp you are looking at will not work for wake boats because it is waaaaaay to narrow and shallow from what I remember. There is a ramp right on the lake. I forget the name of the road its on though. I also believe you have to pay to launch from Thonotosassa but if you get there at the right time it really is a pretty decent smaller lake.