Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bohlander)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-21-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
I want to give a quick shout out to Mark at LakeWakes. In July I was looking for a new surfboard that would make surfing easier for me. I am 6'6" and 250 lbs and have a 2008 22ve. After many attempts of surfing behing a Broadcast 5.6 and having limited success I decided to contact RagBoy at Wake9. He got me in touch with Mark and Mark was a wealth of knowlege. In the end Mark offered to build a 5.4 board for me and move the fin boxes out a bit to give it more speed (apparently more like the 5.2). 3 weeks later it showed up at my office and it looked better than I expected. I'll note that he got it to me over a week before it was promissed.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it in action since it's hard enough for me to get someone in my crew to drive in a decent manner, let alone take a good picture. For how it rides, this board is fast! Even when cruising at 11.8 MPH I was having to be careful not to run up on the platform. We were able to get people who have never surfed before to free ride on their second run! For anyone thinking about getting a new board, give Mark at Lake Wakes a call. He has a great product and the price point is great compared to some of the alternatives.

Here are 2 pics of the front and back of the board