Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       12-04-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
I know I've been posting about boards just trying to get idea on next one...It is between Severance, tribute or maybe marek...Anyone ridden that board before? Thoughts on the Marek?
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-04-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
I ride it everyday! I love it ! its one of the quickest best boards Ive ever ridden! not to mention rathy and nicky d used to ride it 2 . I think thats enough said. even when I case the wake I just ride over it so easy cuz it really carries the most speed over a landing Ive ever seen. LOVE IT! I can only reccomend it
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       12-04-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
do you have the nova one? I have seen the 09 nova and the 10 non nova core one. I am riding the tribute now just borrowing it but looking to buy it. I then saw the marek.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-04-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
I have the bio core one I rode the nova last year. this year im stickin with the bio core cuz I wouldnt want the new insert system to take any flex away from my riding since I like to shred railz a lot either way youll have a sick board and a lot of fun with the marek!
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       12-04-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
how is the edge? on the tribute in the center of edge it is a lil forgiving
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-04-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
the edge is one of the craziest features for sure. its so sharp all the way trough like a blade! ull pick up speed with no effort and itll keep your edge all the way up the wake and the little diamond shapes in the middle will surpess all the water under ur board into one spot to get the best pop and when you land theyll push the water out so ull land mellow no matter how big u go and youll keep all your speed. its awesome! cant wait to ride it tomorrow
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-04-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
Im riding it, 09 nova. love it. very fast, poppy, and loose when not on edge.

all in all the most effortless board I've ridden, just watch the edges on grabs, they can be sharp
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-05-2009, 3:12 AM Reply   
My Experiance with it is good. really good board one of my favorites if not my second favorite. especially now the 3ds/pulse/clash has that slow grind base.

a little of the subject but not worth a new thread

I bit the bullet and bought a sub 6 so i could have the nice 3ds edge without the slow grind base and its really light. its an AMAZING board but im really worried about taking it on rails & kickers because of the instant loss of warranty and i dont know any one in the uk who has one tried and tested so have no idea whether it will last.

if any of you guys have info about the durability of the sub6 it would be much appretiated.

yeah marek rocks!
Old     (austin_h)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-10-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
Hey man,
the marek is sick. I ride it for wake, cable and even rails now, too. I think it's pretty well known that this board rides good on the wake, but i just took the fins off to ride it on the rails and i was blown away. This whole time I've been riding other boards for rails and I had a rail board under my nose the whole time. Hope this helps,

-Austin Hair
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-11-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
one of the best boards out there for sure! just like Mr.Hair says! Hey austin I just got the marek boots stoked to try em out! come to the library tomorrow nite!