Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Wheelhouse Team Rider Ganjea on Sparkle's Wave
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thats a huge wave! What boat is that?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
That's awesome stanley, you have any video? I love her face. How much weight you have in there?
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
@pain Malibu 247
@My Broski Robert, about 2500 Lbs plus or minus calculation error.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
Thanks man. How does it take it? Do you have pictures showing the water line on that boat with all that weight? Wake looks amazing. You know, I was thinking about this the other day, I have the 24Ve, and I have NEVER sac'd it out. Only 1500. Makes me wonder what it would do. Maybe not as big as yours, but makes me want to try.

Either way, cool pic, post some more. Send me a set, and we would love to put up an article on wake9 about the monster that comes out of sparkles.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
looks great!! Mr. Wheelhouse!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
Here is the Configuration of the Wheelhouse Malibu 247 Wake Surf Edition

Speed Is 10.8 MPH-11.4. In the picture 10.8. Though in Blue Thunder (08 247 and My Brother J's Boat I WAS at and he IS at 12.6-13.6MPH) Think it is computers and nothing more.

The Ballast;

247 Surf Sac - Custom Made From Fly High to hold approximately 1500-1600 pounds. I have never measured. The sac fills the entire port rear locker. I had to remove the Glove/Rope holder on the inside of hatch doors. The sac has an arm that fills the entire area under the flip up seat in front of the port side locker.

We have a Fly High 370LB Tube Sac Under the flip up seat/observers seat. (sac gets 300LBs max due to size)

I fill Factory Front Center and Port

Big Jay on this forum did a complete 4 Jabsco Reversible Pump Automated Ballast System on this boat. Its like having a boat full of worker ants do all of the work for you. All Sacs drain and fill at the push of a button. Even the 400 on the seat. Big Jay also Re-Enforced the engine compartment Service Panels with 1 Inch Square Steel tubing both on the actual service panel and on the inside of the track on the floor the service panel fits in. The service panels are rigid and solid.

Here comes the good part. The Power Wedge is at the top of the White Arc on the Wedge Gauge. In other words top of the operating safe operating range on the gauge. This makes the wave very tall very powerful and very long. My old boat could not get to speed with the wedge this position. Thanks Corvette! It does just fine now at 3200-3300 RPM and a 14.25 ACME Prop.

In this picture there were three people on the boat. We did have a four hundred pound sac on the port side seat. I am going to replace that sac with around three hundred pounds of lead weight disk I bought from academy. The weights will stay in the boat. I will leave the weights in the boat under the sacs. We did an experiment and found the three hundred pounds of weight did not change the ride of the boat. One of the nice things about the 2010 model is there is no carpet under the seats. No carpet is GOOD!

I was not taking the pictures but driving the boat. Therefore I do not have a pic of the boat and wave together. When sitting idle in the water the rub rail is 2-4 inches from the water in the rear of the boat. Any lower and you start dragging the rub rail and dirtying the wave.

For the Goofy FU)!@$%%#%@#$^#&#%&%$

We put a fly high 1100 pound sac in the starboard locker. 1100 Fills the locker as good as my custom sac and I would recommend that sac for both sides of your boat.
Factory Front Center and Starboard
Same position on the wedge as the regular side
All pax on goofy side
10.8-11.6 MPH
The prop turn favors the goofy wave and therefore less weight is required and the wave is AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER.
The Goofy sac is of course automated.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
PS

Team Rider Ganjea is 5'8-5'9
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-13-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Wow! That's an impressive wave! You definitely need to snap some more pics of that monster for the Wake9 article that Robert offered up!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Thanks man. How does it take it? Do you have pictures showing the water line on that boat with all that weight? Wake looks amazing. You know, I was thinking about this the other day, I have the 24Ve, and I have NEVER sac'd it out. Only 1500. Makes me wonder what it would do. Maybe not as big as yours, but makes me want to try.

Either way, cool pic, post some more. Send me a set, and we would love to put up an article on wake9 about the monster that comes out of sparkles.
Check out above. I will send you a photo package and write up to post.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
Looking forward to it stanley.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-13-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
Oh man,now you've done it.
Next time we go out,I predict an extra few sacks in Jamesz's boat
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thats funny gunz, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I think I am going to do a monster wake podcast. I can easily send RJ and Whitney with gear to James. So stanley, you ever get that boat any closer west? It would be fun to come down and film it. At least RJ and Whitney with gear.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-13-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
If Wheelhouse is in the house he will be there!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-13-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
that wave looks flippin awesome!!! in the delta they would think about outlawing that because of the leevees LOL!!!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
I want mas pictures!!!! holy crap that wave is a monster. have any more you could post up!? idk if i can wait for ragboys writeup.podcast to come out!
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-13-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
wow we need more pictures and video too
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-13-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
I spin less RPM's when I wakeboard. What position is the wedge in? In between up and down or all the way down? Just trying to get my head around the wedge position.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2010, 11:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
I spin less RPM's when I wakeboard. What position is the wedge in? In between up and down or all the way down? Just trying to get my head around the wedge position.
Cavitation.

I feel like the wedge would hurt the wave, thinking about it in terms of vectors, especially because the boat would be leaning so much, the force down wouldnt be down anymore, it would be at an angle. I wonder if it affects the steering at all? but hey, i got proved wrong, that is a MONSTER wave haha.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-14-2010, 5:32 AM Reply   
@Lionel - The wedge has a safe operating range. The safe operating range would start at the top of the gauge IE the 12 O'clock position. Our wedge sits right there at the 12' o clock position or slightly below that.

@Joey - with the 14 inch prop we get no cavitation. Unless it is really choppy. Then we probably are not riding anyway. The great thing about the 247 is you can put the power wedge all the way up and the wave looks just like the enzo 240 wave. When you add the wedge into the mix it really changes the shape of the wave from long and flat to long and really tall. It makes a huge difference to positive side. It also adds a ton of power to the wake.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-14-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWheelhouse View Post
@Lionel - The wedge has a safe operating range. The safe operating range would start at the top of the gauge IE the 12 O'clock position. Our wedge sits right there at the 12' o clock position or slightly below that.

@Joey - with the 14 inch prop we get no cavitation. Unless it is really choppy. Then we probably are not riding anyway. The great thing about the 247 is you can put the power wedge all the way up and the wave looks just like the enzo 240 wave. When you add the wedge into the mix it really changes the shape of the wave from long and flat to long and really tall. It makes a huge difference to positive side. It also adds a ton of power to the wake.
Next season we are gonna need to upgrade our prop, we have the 4 blade 537 (i think) and probably will go with the 1234.

any chance you could get some more pictures up? of boat the boat, wave, people on it, ANYTHING to do with that massive wave. I tried google, but i couldnt view any of the pictures on the other forums since im not a member. throw me a bone! im drooling to see more!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
by far the biggest wave i have seen...
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Wow!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-14-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I'm getting confused with all these third person references.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-14-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Wheelhouse often leaves one to wonder.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-14-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Ahahaha, did sharks also dedicate a week to you?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2010, 10:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-15-2010, 12:29 AM Reply   
I think his mom has the tattoo "wheelhouse" on her arm
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-15-2010, 5:04 AM Reply   
@ragboy LMFAO!!!!!!!! I have not seen that in years.

@beav hey man nobody talks about mommas jailhouse tats
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-15-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWheelhouse View Post
@ragboy LMFAO!!!!!!!! I have not seen that in years.

@beav hey man nobody talks about mommas jailhouse tats
haha im hoping you got my reference!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
Jimmy's down! You need to say that when you fall. Wheelhouse is DOWN!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-15-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Here is the boat her self.
Attached Images

Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-15-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Sharp!

Hope they don't push the LATX ban another day again, they just pushed it back to thursday. Hopefully its done by friday! Can't wait to check out the new wake this year!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-15-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Freakin' awesome!!! Anyway you could get a picture of the boat in the water while producing the wake? A video would even be better.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-15-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
that has to be my favorite BU ever....ok tie with the WW ghost bu....that blue is killer looking. seriously dig the hull being that color... i might like that blue more than I like the red on my boat.....thats saying ALOT
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-15-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
Havent seen sparkles in person yet, but his '08 was the same blue. The pictures don't do the color any real justice. That blue pops in the sun when you're right up next to it and it looks awesome!

Hey Stanley, you gonna powdercoat the tower on sparkles to match like you did your last one?
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
sweet baby blue
Old     (wake9whit)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-15-2010, 11:00 PM Reply   
Niiicee!
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-17-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
WOW!!!! and WOW!!!!!
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-23-2010, 12:47 AM Reply   
Omg! That's amazing!!!!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-23-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
come ride it johnny
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Are there ANY additional pictures of this wave? Its an unreal photo, but as I've passed this thread and pick on to my buddies, most of them are sitting around trying to call it out as a fake. Got anything else??
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-23-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
When the river clears up from all the rain we will get some more pics. This photo is very real. It is in no way altered. I do not own a photoshop or editing program. Nor do I know how to alter the photo.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
I wouldn't expect it to be a fake. But I think if we see the wave from the "traditional" perspective, it wont appear as big. I can't imagine this is the first 247 to be ridden/weighted this way.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-24-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
You are correct a picture from the back of the boat instead of a chase boat will make the wave appear smaller. That angle does not show the face of the wave. The face of the wave is where its at fa sho!
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-24-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
I would love to surf that thing! I think I'll need a real ocean board haha! Where u guys at? Maybee me and chase can make a trip.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-24-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Houston and Austin. We ride thru November. Hit us up fa sho!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-25-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
Thats a huge wake from any angle!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2010, 4:59 AM Reply   
OK, so I should preface this with the fact that on Saturday nights I always am up most of the night due to maintenance windows for many servers I manage and stuff. Saturday night/Sunday morning is always the best time. Tonight, there was no maintenance, and my brain just won't let me sleep, so I got a bug up my butt to check something out.

This picture was on my mind, because for the last few days I have been trying to get a 247 to be at our polar bear event for the demo. So have been on the phone with several people about it. I have talked to 3 different people this week, on the phone, 1 I didn't even know paid attention to wakeworld. All 3 of them, when discussing the Malibu bought up this picture. All 3 of them asked me if I thought it was real. I said, "well, I first thought, wow, amazing pic, wanna see more." And considered it legit. I have met Stanley, didn't seem like the kind of guy to fake something like this. Whitney and RJ really enjoyed the Wheelhouses and still talk in wheelhouse "speak" on occasion. "Fo sho no doubt".

So, that said, this is in the spirit of "inquiring minds want to know", and not accusatory.

Here are some of the things I heard, regarding the picture was fake.

1. Its photoshopped.
2. Its cropped, not the wheelhouse 247, so they cropped it out.
3. This is made by some trawler or some other big a$$ boat, not a 247. Evidenced by the whitewater around the wake. Looking on the other side of the wake, and near, it seems like a lot of whitewater, and too wide. Not the whitewater from a boat with an 8 foot beam. (personally, I think the whitewater on the bottom of the pic, could be from the chase boat)

Well, I can't speak to #3. #1 and part of #2 I can probably shed some light on. I have been a software developer for many years and I have written software used by many photographers. The system and software used by
http://www.eventpix.com
is all of my work, and so I have a pretty vast amount of experience and knowledge with images, photoshop, etc. I have even dabbled into forensic photograph research due to software we were prototyping to detect programatically if an image has been altered.

This is a very low res picture, 640x480 to be exact. With that low of a resolution, it is difficult to tell if it is doctored, unless a real hack job. Zooming in and taking a good look, it does not look altered.

Also, I know from experience, that when you attach a JPEG to a WW post, WW software doesn't alter the image. So I downloaded it and examined with some tools I have. Every image has what is called EXIF data embedded in it when it is taken from a digital camera. One of the easiest methods to see if an image is altered is to check this type of META data embedded in an image. For instance, if altered in photoshop, there would be a trace of it, unless someone was smart enough to know how to "cover their tracks". Looking at the image in a hex editor and using some tools to read all of the META data, it looks like this image was taken straight out of the camera and posted. It may have been resized using a simple app that would not alter exif data, but other than that it doesn't even look cropped. The reason I say that, is the exif data says a few things:

exif:ApertureValue: 6/1
exif:ColorSpace: 1
exif:CompressedBitsPerPixel: 5/1
exif:CustomRendered: 0
exif:DateTime: 2010:09:11 18:14:11
exif:DateTimeDigitized: 2010:09:11 18:14:11
exif:DateTimeOriginal: 2010:09:11 18:14:11
exif:DigitalZoomRatio: 1/1
exif:ExifImageLength: 480
exif:ExifImageWidth: 640
exif:ExifOffset: 178
exif:ExifVersion: 48, 50, 50, 49
exif:ExposureBiasValue: 0/1
exif:ExposureMode: 0
exif:ExposureTime: 1/100
exif:Flash: 24
exif:FlashPixVersion: 48, 49, 48, 48
exif:FNumber: 8/1
exif:FocalLength: 77/10
exif:FocalPlaneResolutionUnit: 2
exif:FocalPlaneXResolution: 892274/59
exif:FocalPlaneYResolution: 892274/59
exif:ISOSpeedRatings: 80
exif:Make: Canon
exif:MaxApertureValue: 95/32
exif:MeteringMode: 5
exif:Model: Canon PowerShot SD990 IS
exif:Orientation: 1
exif:ResolutionUnit: 2
exif:SceneCaptureType: 2
exif:SensingMethod: 2
exif:ShutterSpeedValue: 213/32
exif:WhiteBalance: 0
exif:XResolution: 180/1
exif:YResolution: 180/1

This says that the image was saved to the camera, a Canon PowerShot SD990 IS at 6:14pm (if the camera time was set right) on 9/11/2010. It was saved to the camera at 640x480, which is the resolution it is posted. I was surprised that the camera would save to a 4:3 ratio and such a low resolution, but I went here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...uresAndManuals

and saw in the manual that this camera model does indeed shoot at 640x480, and all resolutions are in a 4:3 ratio.

So I can't say whether this image is of a wake behind stanley's 247, stanley needs to show more pics for that.

But I can say that I don't think it was cropped, or altered in any way, this seems to be the same image that came off the camera. I cannot be completely sure, because it is possible to fake that, but you would need extensive knowledge to do that.

I am attaching the full exif data, for sh*ts and giggles.

After doing this, I have 2 questions for stanley.

1. Where are the rest of the pics man? so we can give it the "Fo Sho, no doubt" stamp of approval. (by "we" I mean the community, not wake9)
2. Why the hell did they shoot this at the LOWEST possible resolution? If I had that wake behind my boat, I would be looking to hire imax, not shoot it with my mother in laws family cam. Sup with that? <-- mostly tongue in cheek

So Stanley, inquiring minds want to know, show us the money shots brother. Heck, if its real, I will consider sending RJ and Whitney out with a bunch of cameras to do a write up.

OK, I am tired now, time to go back to sleep.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ganjea.txt (3.3 KB, 385 views)

Last edited by ragboy; 09-26-2010 at 5:04 AM. Reason: typos
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-26-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
Stanley do it! make him send the crew!
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm a little confused now, because Stanley posted previously of Sparkle's 247 in the thread linked below.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782631

Obviously those waves appear entirely different. So if the above picture is actually from Sparkles boat, the angle pictures are taken at make all the difference.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
I think for me, when I started to feel the presence of doubt, "could it be"? Was when Stanley mentioned the weight and the fact that the rub rail was NOT underwater. To make a weight like that, 2500 lbs TOTAL, and rubrail NOT underwater? That sounds physically impossible, I just can't see how that could be.

But like I said, I WANT to believe. I LOVE to see the progression of surf wakes and the sport. I have seen tons of pictures of DJJAMESZ wake, lots of angles, including the side. He almost sinks that boat with weight, and a switchblade, it doesn't look that big.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-26-2010, 5:28 PM Reply   
How you perceive size of that wave also depends on how tall is that rider. I think he is small, so it also influence your estimate.

Maybe ask Chase he would know.

Last edited by hawaj; 09-26-2010 at 5:37 PM.
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-27-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
@ Ragboy the 247 is a massive tug and can take a ton of weight w/o sinking the rubrail. We put 2.5 or 3k in the Bu 247 at Hyco and the rubrail was not under. With that said, with the same weight or more and the wake did not look like that. I expect there is a second wake or some other factor in play with that picture. More than likely the wake from the boat from which the pic was snapped. No hate Stanley, I just know what I've seen in person. James' boat is 21 or 22, that much weight is going to tilt it alot more than a 25 foot boat. 3k puts our rubrail well under.

Last edited by BlairJ; 09-27-2010 at 6:32 AM.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-27-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
@blair Thanks, that makes sense. I know on my 24Ve it can take a bit of weight also, but like you said, its tough to envision a wake like the one pictured above, and a boat weighted where the rubrail is not underwater.

I agree, no hate, but its reasonable to want to see a picture like that "backed up".
Old     (AaronATX)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-27-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
how about i get my camera out for a set so you can shut up the nonbelievers!! hit me up... LATX is my primary riding spot!
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-27-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
i really wish someone would step up and just show more proof that this wave is real... starting to get annoying
Old     (AaronATX)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-27-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrey10
i really wish someone would step up and just show more proof that this wave is real... starting to get annoying
stanley, i'm available any morning this week....!!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-28-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   

First and foremost you should never question the integrity of Wheelhouse. If you did find your self forgiven.

It is funny that people think there is some kind of yacht on the Trinity River. I have been riding there for 10 years and have never seen anything other than pontoons runaboats and wakeboats. Others who ride there would attest to the same thing. The river is very narrow and not yacht worthy. Not my yacht any way.

Thanks Robert for the forensic computer science. You really know your way around computers and it is quite impressive my brotha. Cant wait to broadcast next year with you!!!!!!!!

Told you HATERS the photo and wave are real! Step out of the box yo and think bigger than life.

Here are some additional pics. The wave is as real as it gets. Yes i promise this 247 is weighted like no other. No other 247 owner has owned a total of 4 247's that I know of and has not put near as much time energy effort water time and money into maximizing the boats wave making capability as Wheelhouse has. Remember it is not necessarily the amount of weight but the placement of weight. You would be amazed at what a 100 pounds here and there will do.

To the prop givers ride on
To the haters hate on - you are mad anyway.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
In third person...lol. Right on dude.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       09-28-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
PS The boat is not in a lot of the pictures as Wheelhouse did not take these.

The chase boat by the way is a 1993 Tige Slm Comp 19 foot boat with a SCARPA WAKE SUPRESSION PLATE which is designed as very small wake high speed slalom boat. It had two people in it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
Its a great looking wake stanley, no bout a doubt it. We are going to have to setup a time, maybe in the spring, to come out and document that sucker. Maybe its the size of that girl, but the first picture still makes it look taller, but in context of these pictures, I am sold.

FTR, I didn't doubt you, I couldn't imagine you faking it, I couldn't think of a reason why you would, unless it was a good joke, but didn't seem that way.

I still find it amazing that you are getting that wake, and the rubrail is NOT underwater. Very cool man, thanks for posting the "fo sho, no doubt" pics.
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-28-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
It seems Wheelhouse has saved "Face" here. More to "Shred Off" mind you.
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-28-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Dude, anything is possible. As I stated in my post, no hate, but you really seemed to be attached to the idea. What's important is you and your crew are having fun. Peace.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-28-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
The thing that impresses me is that the boat can even handle that much weight.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
@duffy, I agree I am so dying to get out our 24Ve and play with a bunch of weight, will do by end of season, for sh*ts and giggles. I don't think it will be that big, but still sounds fun, its just sitting there. Need to run it anyway.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
pictures dont look quite as big as the first one, but damn that is still one huge, clean face!!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Y, the ones with stanley riding, look good, more normal. But those other few, almost like that boat was in the trough, its interesting. Either way, great looking wake.
Old     (whoanellie)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-29-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
As a person who has spent quite a bit of time on the Trinity River the last two years, I have never seen a boat larger than 25 feet on the river. I have no idea how you would navigate a large yacht or trawler on the river because it would be too narrow to turn around in most places. Like Wheelhouse said, it's mainly jon boats, wake/ski boats, i/o's and pontoons.

I am looking forward to seeing Sparkles' wave in person. I appreciate Wheelhouse's time and effort to dial in the Malibu surf wake on his 247's. I hope to gain some insight to help dial in the surf wake on my 23LSV.

-Whoa
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Stanley that wave is ridiculous! Are you heading up to the Trinity this weekend? I'll be up there camping and riding all weekend long. Hopefully all the crud has cleared up. Maybe you can give me some pointers on how to weight my F-21 Tomcat.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
i never doubted you just wanted to see more proof... you showed it and your wave is officially amazing! in the one pic it does look like you are using another boat real close to you but I don't really care because your wave is so freakin amazing.. how long has malibu made the 247 hull? Reason I ask is maybe I outta start looking for a good used one... thanks for the pics man and keep sending them cause it makes me drool
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-02-2010, 9:18 PM Reply   
For the weight disbelievers I've run 3k in a Supra 24 SSV (a smaller displacement boat than a 247) and the rubrail is still at least 6 inches off the water. It is amazing how much more weight it takes to sink these big boats than a 21 footer. As the old school drag racers say "There is no replacement for displacement!"
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-03-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
We tryed to sink the 247 like my boat and it wouldnt going anywhere and that boat has a huge engine.but with the right set up it makes a great wake and with the power wedge it gets vert..I would say it is one of the best wakes out,not the biggest, but the best shape wake compared to alot of boats and alot of playing room on the wake.. had a great time riding behind that boat.People dont relize you can put to much weight in the boat..We did it in that boat and couldnt go over 9 miles an hour ,so it all about how you set it up..great pics love riding that boat and the space you have to chill is great,hope to come hang out sometime..
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-03-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
one of the best wakes and boats out right now,photos shot by Blair..
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-03-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-03-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
we used a enzo sac in the back then the surf wake sac on the seat a 450 in the nose and filled the stock nose,stock passenger side and stock middle and that wake was dialed that was the best set up for that boat.. so long it made me feel like I was surfing a real wave how fast I could come into the lip..for sure the fastest longest wake Ive rode..
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-04-2010, 12:20 AM Reply   
sick pictures james!!! and more?!
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-04-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
Beavers and boats, post is here: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783744

More pics in the linked article. Over 50.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-04-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
sweet!!! thanks blair.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       10-05-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjjamesz View Post
We tryed to sink the 247 like my boat and it wouldnt going anywhere and that boat has a huge engine.but with the right set up it makes a great wake and with the power wedge it gets vert..I would say it is one of the best wakes out,not the biggest, but the best shape wake compared to alot of boats and alot of playing room on the wake.. had a great time riding behind that boat.People dont relize you can put to much weight in the boat..We did it in that boat and couldnt go over 9 miles an hour ,so it all about how you set it up..great pics love riding that boat and the space you have to chill is great,hope to come hang out sometime..
James

I knew something was amiss when you said you wish the wave was steeper. We run ZERO weight in the nose. ZIP NOTHING. Nose weight in that boat really flattens the wave. FWIW.