Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
I have 2 Kenwood X-542 Amps that I want to mount in My Supra. I know I want them in the compartment with the batteries in them on the passenger side, but what is the best spot in there? The dealer mounted the first one on the back side of the front-left bow seat, but I want them to be next to each other. Can you fit both of them on that inside wall that is just behind the walk-thru? Also, can the 2 amps share the same power and ground cables? I will be running 2 towers speakers and a 10" sub with one amp and the interior speakers with the other. I have asked this before, but how can I run 6 interior speakers with a 4 channel amp? Anyone have any picks of an install of the amps? Thanks in advance.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
What year is the 24? I'll have pics of an 07 22 witht three amps mounted on the outside wall, int he next few days
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
The boat is an 06. How did you keep the screws from going through the hull? Did you mount them on a board or directly on the wall?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
the 07's came with a board mounted to the outside wall. You will need to build one if you want to mount to that outside wall.
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-04-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
How can I mount the board without the screws going through the hull?
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-04-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
just prop up the board and screw it to the floor or use a small bracket.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
You Fiberglass it to the side of the interior wall. Pull back the carpet put some heavy duty contact cement on the back of the 3/4 MDF and then Fiberglass over it to the interior of the boat. Once the fiberglass sets up you are ready to screw into it. Make sure you choose your Screw length wisely or it will go through the side of the boat. I will show you mine on my 21V via pics in a second. It is on my other computer.

Grant ( BLING BLING ) also had some pics of how he did his when he re-did his stereo not to long ago. He mounted 4-5 Amps to the inside of his boat. His is done a little different but the idea is the same.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Ok here are a couple of pics. Not the best but here goes.

Just so you know. I mounted the 3/4" MDF to the inside of the hull, pulled the carpet back over it then carpeted another 5/8" mdf and then mounted it to the other peice so i could run the wiring underneath and hide all of it from view.

Upload
Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Ok here are a couple of pics. Not the best but here goes.

Just so you know. I mounted the 3/4" MDF to the inside of the hull, pulled the carpet back over it then carpeted another 5/8" mdf and then mounted it to the other peice so i could run the wiring underneath and hide all of it from view.

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-04-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
Found a link to Grants Install.
He does amazing work, and his creativity is mindblowing. But you will get the idea.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/423605.html?1177819152