Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-06-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/1828554686.html
Old     (chasenm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Haha that's awesome man
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
That's gotta be for parasailing or something like that. Good grief!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2010, 4:24 PM Reply   
I agree with shawn.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
Yup. On centurions site they say they make parasai boats.
http://new.centurionboats.com/flight.html
Old     (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       07-06-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
lol......dont you guys know youre history, That platform area is a ballast tank, you wouldnt pull a para-sail off of a pylon
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
sarcasm? i just cant tell haha.

But for parasail they have like a winch dont they?

These guys werent parasailing with it, so probly doesnt have the winch deal.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-06-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
Wow, what a cool, rare boat in amazingly good condition. I'm not sure if the wake was any good, but that's one of the very first pure wakeboats that was produced. The only ones I've ever seen have been absolutely beat.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Jeremy is correct is a ballast system I believe theat gekko did one like that too. It's true that Centurian does parasailing boats too but the earliest I have seen are maybe 3 years old.

Found this one on the web.
It's 33 feet long with a 10'6" beam
Attached Images

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-06-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Centurion still makes them, there was a 2009 model at my buddies dealership earlier this year, it had the "Surf" graphics on the side. Thought it looked like a fun little boat. The Centurion rep told me they filled the back of the early ones with concrete for ballast! The current versions uses ballast tanks.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
Centurion/Fineline made those for a while. Then they sold the mold to Gekko. When Gekko had some troubles, Fineline got the mold back and started producing them again right before the market crashed. They will make you one, but not as many as they had thought. There is a wave here in ATL and it looks like it will be a fun boat.

Mikeski is right on there is concrete in the back along with ballast too. I had the pleasure of seeing one at the factory being made and they give it the same attention to detail as the rest of the boats.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2010, 9:10 PM Reply   
i saw that parasail boat at expo last year. Rick Lee and my rep showed it to me. absolutely huge! i asked how the wake was and they said they had never thought about that. lol
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-07-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
That's the Centurion Wave, old school wakeboard boat. Contemporary to the misguided Malibu Tantrum.
Old     (0klahoma_Breakdown)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
I wonder how good the surf is on it? Pretty cool design with the wrap around seating up front.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0klahoma_Breakdown View Post
I wonder how good the surf is on it? Pretty cool design with the wrap around seating up front.
Exactly what I want to know. That boat fits both my needs and budget. But does it suck? That, I suppose is the ten thousand dollar question.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-07-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
rare boat in amazingly good condition.
agreed, I'm not a fan of purple but that boat looks brand new.
Old     (WakeboardNJ)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
There was a wakeboard video put out in 1997 that had a girls section in it. The girls rode behind this type boat. For the time, it put out a decent wake. Not sure about it's comparison today.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Someone go test drive it and let us know! $8k for a boat in that good of condition is a pretty good deal!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-07-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
The old MC Tristar 190's (~87-90 models) had a similar seating layout. A buddy of mine had one a long time ago, but we didn't run sacks back then. It's a great use of space in a small hull, but ballast would be in the way like any other DD.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-07-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
I owned one, "Centurion Wave", for a few years. David nailed it, Gekko also made them for a few years after Centurion. It was a fun boat for its time. The giant step doubled as a ballast tank an attempt to make the interior like a V-drive when all inboards were direct. I never surfed behind it, but the wakeboard wake was ok at best, The wake was impossible to even out because all of the seating was on one side. I was told it was the first “Wakeboard board” specific boat ever made. Mine was white and teal. I hated the colors, but I guess it was better than purple.

Last edited by Shooter; 07-07-2010 at 2:13 PM.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-08-2010, 3:10 AM Reply   
that looks like a fun boat!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
Funny how the new guys see an old boat & think it's some crazy new thing. The Wave was a giant flop. We used to see them on the Parker Strip & throughout SoCal occasionally. Geez they rode like crap

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 07-08-2010 at 4:19 PM.
Old     (frosty2469)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-09-2010, 9:57 PM Reply   
and I guess it was just me that thought of mounting a brass pole on the back?
Old     (beryessaboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-10-2010, 1:32 AM Reply   
I believe it was built for wakesurfing specifically. Centurion wanted to build a boat that you can surf the wake on. I had read it in there technology section of their website before but nothing is there now.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-10-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
The original was not a wakesurf boat. This was built when ballast tanks were a new concept. I’m sure there were a few people wakesurfing back then, but it was not widespread enough to market a boat. I remember it had a sticker that said it was the official hydrofoil (sky ski) tow boat.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Any deeper V hull can pretty much be said to have a "surf" oriented hull design....which is garbage, If these guys really went out to create a boat that threw a surf wave, our waves would be insane compared to what they are now. Dont get me wrong, they are great, but if the engineers designing them seriously went out with the sole purpose of creating a surf boat, things would be far different. ie, Hulls designed to direct prop wash, better darkside surf, platforms that dont cut into the wave....yada yadaa cool stuff like that, i think its a marketing gimmick to say that a certain hull was specifically designed to surf, like the surf centurion, just got a big sticker on the side and sideswipe, hull is not different from the others. They may have a deeper V, which I have been told by a few dealers that the V is what makes the surf better, and in the same conversation how well it handles rough water. Anyone see where I'm going with this?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
I would say you are spot on.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
97 would be the year before the company SkySki was started. Mike has had his hands in a lot of different business ventures over the years & this could very well be one of them, but I never heard of it.
As I recall it was just a big wave boat for wakeboarding. That would have been the time we were riding tuned AirChairs. And wakeskate might have been coming out about then. We tried it a few times with a foil & it definitely kicked up a big wake for the day. But the hull shape made it ride like crap if the water conditions weren't super flat.
Plus the fact that all the seating was in the front of the boat made sure everyone knew just how well the ride sucked.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-11-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
"But the hull shape made it ride like crap if the water conditions weren't super flat. Plus the fact that all the seating was in the front of the boat made sure everyone knew just how well the ride sucked."

Ha! That is spot on...I remember driving havasu chop and thinking that we had to go 10MPH or someone was going to blow out their back out.

No windshield / wind barrier is more of a disadvantage than you think. It also had very little storage. Boats like this make me appreciate my SAN even more. Some young riders don’t know what its like to not have the open passenger space of a V-drives, perfect pass, no tower and little or no ballast.