Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-23-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
We went out on Friday after work, Monday after work, and will be going out tomorrow after work. All in all, it was very good but still on the cool side of things. It's good to see it warming up.

Just picked up some new LF Watson closed toe bindings (last year's model) from MP and have nothing but good things to say. I'm now convinced that you should buy new bindings every year since the foot beds get stomped out. The landings are soooo much better with new cushy boots.

I also demo'd the new Company Severance and Recruit board over the weekend (switched out the Severance for the Recruit on Saturday). I rode the Severance on Friday night. It was a little to loose for me and difficult to ease into a progressive edge. It likes to get on edge really quick and hard. I then rode the Recruit on Monday since it rained all weekend and the MP guys were really cool and let me keep it an extra day no charge. That board boots your arse hard of the wake. Great pop and soft landings. It is much more forgiving on edge and super light. It also feels great in the air do to the weight of the board. Only thing I could see as a downfall to this board is the speed going toe-side into the wake. However, that probably has more to do with my skills. I'm going to demo it again over the 4th of July weekend to see if it will be my next board.

And finally, we are either heading to Powell or the Gorge over the 4th depending on weather. Anyone interested in joining us?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-23-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
Wish we could go Jason, but I have to work that weekend. Hopefully we can join in on one of your other trips though.

I guess I'll just have to hold off on those Obrien stickers since you'll be changing to a different board huh???
Old    dhorton            06-24-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pulls yesterday Ryan, good times as usual. Matt nice meeting you and riding, how did the wife take the news of you needing a new wake surfer? I put a couple pics up over at Josh's site last night http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo , but didn't have the right computer at home last night to really go through what was on the camera, will most likely put a few more up today.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-24-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
Dave cool pics! I wish I had zoomed out more on that one foto so I didnt cut your head off Your right,,no more gloves
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-24-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Matt ~~ I wondered the same... What's up with the gloves while surfing?
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-24-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Ryan~~~I'm not sure I will be switching from Obrien to Company completely. My Natural is just too good to give up altogether. The Company board would just be a second board for me to ride.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-24-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
Jason, then that's ok. But the Natural should be the only board you need! Haha :0)
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-26-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Ryan...no doubt about it. The Natural is a great board and very predictable. Wednesday night was a great session on Jordanelle. I'm pretty sore due to some hard crashes. I've been working on 180s will be working on the backroll and three soon. Just trying to get into riding shape. Looking forward to those stickers. Where's Bog? I don't think he's put his boat in the water yet.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-27-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
I think Bog has his boat finally summerized. It's been a rough start to the summer for him because of rain the past few weeks and then family stuff.

Just got back into SLC this afternoon. FYI, my phone is acting weird so if I don't answer or you get my voicemail right away, leave a message and make sure to send me an email.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-27-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
Back from Southern Utah..... Took the poor weather with me.....

Did get to ride for the first time this year.... I am now fairly confident that what little I ever had for skills, have started to diminish at a startling rate.....

All in all, still had a GREAT time..... Unlike my athletic skills, my family and friends continue to get better with age.....
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-27-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
Did you hit up Sand Hollow EJ? Rent a house again or beach camp?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
Yes, Sand Hollow and rented a house.

Lounging on the covered back patio, watching thunderstorms roll past was almost a daily occurrence.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Weather was beautiful as we were packing up to leave.....not a cloud in the sky yesterday morning.......
Upload
Upload
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-28-2009, 9:02 PM Reply   
E.J. ~~ You win some and lose some, I say you won by having a house and not a tent in the crazy weather. The pool pics looked super with your kids on FB. Hope to see a ton more though out the season. See ya on the water.

We got out today and all I can say is WOW! Not only did we have full sun but no wind and no other boats during out morning sessions. David brought out the COMPANY Recruit 143, although a little big for my taste I'm in love. This board lands super soft and using the right form it will boost you as high as you want to go. Not to mention when I set an edge HS or TS it seems to be on rails. I will stick with the CDub Ab 141 till the price goes down on CO product. Here is a few pics from today on David's camera that he posted on DFTR.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Recruit Boot!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Huge thanks to David and crew for taking my family to enjoy some sun!
Old     (alissa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   
hey ya'll. so i thought i'd give this forum another try. i met a pretty creepy guy a few summers ago from here. pretty much looking for cool folks who have room for one more on the boat. i'm off weekends and wednesdays and always have gas money. also always have my camera with me and love taking photos. glad the weather has finally cleared up! hit me up.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-30-2009, 6:51 AM Reply   

quote:

By alissa levan (alissa) on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

hey ya'll. so i thought i'd give this forum another try. i met a pretty creepy guy a few summers ago from here.

That is funny stuff..... Okay, maybe not funny for you....but my head was spinning on who it was....
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-30-2009, 8:43 AM Reply   
Welcome Alissa! Was the creepy guy from the Northern UT thread or just the Find a Third forum? If it's from our thread, inquiring minds want to know who it is????
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-30-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Alissa ~~ We are going to start Monday early sessions so for us that work can still get to the office at a decent time. We will have no more than three riders and hit UT Lake if your interested. We will be meeting at 6am or earlier when we can get a small crew together.

I'm with E.J., I wonder who it was...

For anybody that is interested in getting the Monday crew email hit me up using downfortheride@comcast.net with your contact info.
Old     (alissa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
hey guys...thanks for the welcome. not sure i want to reveal the creepy guys identity yet cuz i don't know if he is still around. but i'll take guesses! josh, thanks for the monday invite but i work at 7:30 in the morning at the canyons on mondays. i can do evenings at jordanelle (possibly), wednesdays and weekends.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-30-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Then you need to PM us the name Alissa! You've got us too hooked now.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-30-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Alissa~~was the Canyons a common denominator between you and this guy?

BTW...welcome back. Do you live in the PC area?
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-30-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
Don't worry Alissa, I've moved to another state, (the creepy guy is out of the picture )

Seriously, wasn't me

Enjoy everyone! Where are all the pics of the season????
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-30-2009, 9:23 PM Reply   
The creep here,,Ryan, Dave it was fun this time home with you all. I leave Wednesday night back to Alaska and will be back in 2 weeks, Lets hook up again!

Dave, Ive made mention to a buddy that your avail on Tuesdays for surfin behind his sacked out avy. Hoping to arrange us going out next time home too

Ryan, Hows the knee holding up? Feelin any better with some rest?
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       06-30-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
I hit up the Jordanelle today, first set was butter! It's warming up, only wore a top and was toasty. It was pretty dead when we got off the lake at 2:00, this summer may be good as everybody is too broke to go boating.

Here's some pics from the IWA event I took. http://www.facebook.com/xsinow
Last Chance Lakes were pretty sweet, the wind really picked up and there was only a ripple on the water. For only $300K you can have a lot on the water, haha.

My slackass still hasn't put the Dixie boat in the water.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-30-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
Matt, I'll be leaving for Vancouver on July 19th for a 2 week training camp with my team so hopefully you'll be back before I leave. My knee is slowly getting better but I still favor it when I ride which sucks.

Anthony, check out Josh's website for pics.

Jay, nice chatting with you earlier and great job on the pics.
Old     (alissa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2009, 12:15 AM Reply   
jason-i didn't meet the guy from the canyons. he wasn't all that creepy to me, well maybe a little, but someone told me some weird stuff about the guy.

jay...how's it going? (alissa from smokies in case you wondering )

if anyone is headed out tomorrow and has room for one more, i'll check this in the morning.
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2009, 6:22 AM Reply   
Alissa, Don't worry Mike Germain hasn't been here in a long time. That registered sex offender trash probably got picked up for not registering or it could have been for the warrants he had. good riddens
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-01-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
Kept wondering if it was me showing up in a Speedo, mannequin as a third and talking in a British accent..... But cannot ever remember being out on the lake with Alissa....

....then again, I usually am taking roofies on the lake, so memory has always been an issue....

On a brighter note....WHAT....RAIN....that is a surprise....
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-01-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
"Mannequin as a third" LOL I do believe Ive found a solution for my 6am outings when no one wants to crawl out of bed Now.....How do I want to dress him/her........
Old     (omar2000)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-01-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
It seems as soon as the weather gets good...Work calls me away to a place with sucky weather. So now I write this from Portsmith NH. Nice town, but they say that they only saw sun twice the whole month of June.

I did get out to Utah Lake just before we left... Epic good time. I sure love this sport.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-01-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
How about this, I took a really bad picture of my monitor and then just pulled the new web cam up. Look at what Powell has done in the last month or so. Sorry for the pic quality!
Upload
Upload
Old     (omar2000)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-01-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Just joined
dftrdownfortheride.ning.com
So that is where all you guys go.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-01-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Travis ~~ Keep an eye out on DFTR for new pics when we head out. Also post up some of your own pics! As far as when we go, everybody on here usually rides all around the state. Post up more and more and have some get to know ya and you just might end up at a different lake during the week. I put you on the Monday Crew email so reply to all when you get it and we will get it all worked out.

P.S.
Welcome to the thread!
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
E.J. I just got done with the theropy from the last time I seen you in the speedo. I guess im going to have to call the theropist back or just live with that image burnned in my head forever.

Me and Daleya are closing on a house in Saratoga as soon as we get back from the honeymoon. Your going to shiz your self when you see the view of Utah lake from this place.

BTW Are you working Friday morning? I could use a third out at Utah in the morning around 7:30 or 8:00. Granted it doesn't rain....again. Give me a call we'll catch up. You still have my prop puller and owne me a cocktail for keeping it for over a year.

Mike
Old     (wga220)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-01-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
Alissa - If you are up in PC - we usually do one or two evening rides (Tues, Wed, Thurs) and then either a morning ride on Sat/Sun and sometimes a late Sunday ride. This year it has been last minute planning cause of weather. We are usually at Jordanelle. I live at Jordanelle so I can keeps good tabs on when its good.

Let me know if that works for you - shoot me an e-mail at wga220@allwest.net

BTW I asked my wife to rate how creepy I was and she wouldn't answer - so I don't know what that means.

Josh - David, let's ride sometime.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-01-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
I think you are all creepy!!!!!
Old     (alissa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
ok ok... i didn't leave that day thinking "wow this guy is creepy!" but i did get some info on the guy that was and decided not to risk hanging out with him again. he did call a few times after and was a little off but the most disappointing thing about the whole deal was the "riding". sorry if any of you were there, i don;t mean to offend, but they were wenching in a PUDDLE in a business plaza. furthermore the "water" , which was nasty, was lined with sharp, gravel concrete. the wench didn't have enough torque to sucessfully pull ANYBODY across the pond. they soaped up a tarp to try to get some go to no avail. not wanting to go home empty handed, i gave it a shot. i thought because i was smaller MAYBE just MAYBE this thing could pull me. the only thing i left with was some scrapes from that damn gravel sh#t and a bruise the size of a baseball on my ass. then i came home to an email telling me the guy was some kind of stalker. all in all, a pretty crap experience.

so fear not fellas, i'm not paranoid that that experience will EVER happen again.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-02-2009, 6:44 AM Reply   
Well last night I finally got a chance to check out the X-Star wake and to my surprise it is really nice for stock weight. I'm used to the big punch from the SANTE and my first few hits weren't all that good. The water really sucked but so does my riding so it was bound to kick my ass. The transition on this wake is so smooth and then follow up by a big meaty ramp of a wake. I was able to hit a few inverts but nothing to brag about. I say I would need a couple more sets to figure this wake out and get the boost that I'm used to.

Alissa ~~ Your creeping me OUT!
Old    dhorton            07-02-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
Damn I guess I need to check this thread more often! What a hotbed of activity!

EJ ~ Nice looking rental! How close was it to Sand Hollow? Did you find it through a friend or family member or a website like VRBO? If you wouldn't mind, PM me a contact or website I would be interested in hitting it up this fall.

Josh ~ Good time ridding Sunday, Caeley cant wait to go again and get more water time!

Matt ~ Give me a shout when your back in town lets ride again. Have you been researching a new Inland Surfer yet?

Alissa ~ I'm with Jason, all these guys creep me out!

Why the hell are we all chatting on the interwebs, lets go RIDE!
Old    dhorton            07-02-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
Mark ~ We definitely need to get up and ride with you at Jordanelle, I haven't been out of the valley to ride yet this year.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-02-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Alissa ~~ Click on Jason's profile, that picture creeps me out!!!

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=zeda-users

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-02-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Mike, check your voice mail.....

David, check your email.....

Jason, I'm riding(road bike) up your way in the morning.... Going to do the tougher part of the Tour de Park City(half century) just to check out the route....
Old    dhorton            07-02-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
Thanks E.J. looks like a great place.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-08-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
I'm heading to Willard tomorrow morning around 10:45am at the South Marina. There's 3 of us already but room for a couple more. Let me know if you're interested.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-08-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
Damnit, Id much rather be there Ryan, than here! I'll be in a flare pit on a pontoon and life jacket running 1200' of conduit tomarrow morn

One more week then we can hook up again.

Dave, get your board ready!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-08-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
We'll be thinking of you Matt while we're on the water!

Be safe!
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-09-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
Ryan, Here is the view from our new house.Upload
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-09-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
congrats see you on saturday
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-09-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
Awesome Mike! Just awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Even though we can't be there on Saturday for your big day, please know that we are both very happy for the both of you and will be there in spirit. Look forward to seeing you when you get back from Jamaica.

BTW, want to give big props to my wife for getting the HS w2w jump on lock down today! She even went into the flats a couple of times. So pumped!
Old     (moffatmedia)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-11-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
So I have not posted on this Board in a while... How the heck is everybody? Dave and Dawn how is the little one? and Mike your getting married SELL OUT. It looks like I will be single for ever I'm going to start by getting some cats.

For everybody else that I don't know, my name is Adam I love to wakeboard, and take long strolls on the beach.

Always looking to go when I am in town and always looking for a third.

Talk to everybody later....

And who is "Ryan Shimabukuro" sounds like a kook that needs to go back to the Island and leave the water for the true locals....
Old     (rideut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-11-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Adam, Did the dirty today. Sorry im offically off the market. Consider me the one that got away :-). You still keeping your boat up at Rockport.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-11-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
That Adam Moffat, he's JOJ eh (just off the jet)?.
Nah! More like FOB eh' (Fresh off da Boat)! .

Adam, I can tell the way you ride just by the way you wear your shorts!!! HAHAHA!
Old    dhorton            07-12-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Thursday shot of Shima for those of you who don't check Josh's site for photos. His first wake hit of the day!

Upload
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-12-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
Dave thats awesome! For a split moment I felt like I was out there with ya
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-12-2009, 10:28 PM Reply   
Thanks again for taking the pics Dave!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-19-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
I'm flying out today, be back in 2 weeks. Hope you all get great water and weather to match!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-20-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Hey hows it going?

I am from Az and will be up in the salt lake area for work on the 28th of july. I am bringing my boat along so the crew I am working with can go out but I am the only hardcore rider that will go out as much as possible. If any one is looking for a third or if there are two looking for a pull let me know.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-22-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Hey Dave,
Hope you have a safe trip up here from AZ. I won't be back until Aug 2 but you'll probably be contacted by a few people on this thread. (DFTR Josh should be back from Powell soon).

Where are you staying in UT and what lake are you planning to ride at?
Old    dhorton            07-23-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
David how long are going to be in town? Send me a PM I am always looking for a third. I will be in town next week (the week looks like your getting here the 28th) but back East the following week on business.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-23-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
We are working in the Draper area not sure were the house I am staying in is. I have never been to Utah so I am going to rely on you guys for guidence to the best lakes. Once I leave Az I wont have access to a computer so my number is 480-330-1694 if you nead a third let me know and we can work it out.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-26-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Mr. Rogers! Sorry had to, there's already a David on the board! If your staying in Draper your not to far from a few of us that really like to ride. If your throwing long hours your best bet will be to hit UT Lake but on the weekends we can show the out of town er the good water! Care full when you hit UT Lake it's 10' deep at max but the bottom is VERY soft and if the wind kicks up get off asap! About a 45 min to hour drive you can be up at deer creek and get some pretty good water but you will most likely find the crowd up in the mountain lake. I will also throw you a text in case your heading down now and don't get this! Have a safe trip!

Well guys back from Powell and it must have been the hardest trip ever! What could break BROKE and everybody was delt the worst hand all week. We found a great site and started the camping with a main propane leak, ya it was bad. That night we lost all power for the motor home (thank god for generators!) Only one person had to go to the clinic due to a bloody nose that wouldn't stop. I myself (not doctor confirmed yet) came down with what felt like strep throat and with that a huge sinus infection and also a double eye infection. Now that were home still have the sinus, eye, throat problem but now have a bronchial infection to... WTF, I need another vacation! I only rode twice due to feeling like my life was going to end with triple diget temps and every part of my body infected with something!
I did get a few pics and they will be up soon! I did hit a land gap that was pretty cool but for my strength I only hit it twice. I will catch up on work Mon and hit the doc and it's time to ride!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-26-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
Josh, that really sucks bro! Drive all the way down there and all that happens??? Unreal. I hope you start feeling better soon. Looking forward to the pics.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-26-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
welcolm to lake powel that lake is cursed been there four times and have had problems every time. Last time I was there I lost the engine in my boat (burnt a hole in #4 cyl) Still a very nice lake though.

The house I am staying in is right on Utah lake in provo. Now I just need a place to keep my boat and I will be set.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-26-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ I say Powell is not cursed but takes everybody and their toys out of their comfort zone! We have had years of hell and years of pure enjoyment at the Lake. We have been going for over 23 ish years and thought we seen it all till this trip. I say give it another chance and explore our natural play ground again.
Provo? Your going to be like 15 mins from the lake at most and I know a guy (Rob) that is always looking to go since he can see the harbor from his home. I hope you can find a close spot for the boat to make it out as much as you can. I have an open driveway that you can store your boat at but your talking a 30 to 40 min drive to get the boat and then another 40 to 45 mins back to the lake. But if your working in Draper and then hitting the lake right after I'm about 15 mins from that City. Let me know if you need help or directions when you get in town.

I got a few photo's put together from the trip, I have a few more to go through but my body is ready to shut down. Enjoy!

http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/photo/albums/lake-powell-2009-1

Upload
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-26-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
Mike ~~ I some how missed your post about the new house! Congrats, now I have a live web cam when we are heading that way . O ya, congrats on getting off the Market... See ya on the water some time soon.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-28-2009, 4:27 PM Reply   
@#$%@#$ People I had planned on all bailed out on me tonight and I fly out tomorrow. !@#$!@#$@#$ Im ticked.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-28-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Matt, was date do you leave SLC again? I will be back on Sunday. Let's ride when I get back!!!!!!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-29-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Ryan, I fly out tonight, I'll be back in 2 weeks, so we'll hook up then!! Feel bad our schedules didnt work out this r and r
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-29-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
My mistake Matt. I thought you were coming back to SLC today. See you next time around.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-31-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
Does anybody have a prop puller that I can borrow for a bit?
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-31-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
Josh....I have a prop puller. You can borrow it.

I read that you rode the Company Recruit. How did you like it? I think it's the best board I've been on. I just need to figure out how to get a deal on one. I'm going to be out of town every weekend in August and have $100 demo credit towards a board at MP and wanted to pick the Recruit up at the annual MP sale. I don't think it will be available since I will most likely be gone. Do you have any good connections at MP? Those guys don't treat me like a regular even though I spend loads of cash in there. God I wish Coop or Chance was still around.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-01-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
I made it to town barely. My boat tower cracked from the drive and the tow vehicle broke down but I am in town.

Josh I also have a puller that will work. Powell is a really nice lake just seems that everything breaks when we go. I missed the trip this year with the group and they had loads of trouble just our luck I guess.

If anyone would like to ride I have a boat with no tower but a good wake. Let me know I can go out most evenings starting around three or four and all day on the weekends.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-02-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
David #1 came up with a prop puller for me to use, thanks guys!

Jason ~~ I really liked the Recruit for the time I had on it. I thought it would be super loose but I was surprised then I set it on edge it kept that way all though the wake. The board was very controllable rather in the air or on the water! The board is super light and has great pop of the wake. I found I was still getting booted although I was on a new board, but that can also be the 210 wake doin work!

Mr. Rogers ~~ How long are you going to be in town for? Weekends are going to work best for me but I'm crazy about dawn patrol. I have to be strapped in and line out before the sun decides to show. It really sucks to hear you luck just coming to UT, maybe it cause you had to pass Powell . We will hook up for sure and get a set or 2 down in the books. Plan on hearing from me next weekend since I'm out for week days.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-03-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Should be in town until the snow flies as far as I know. There is no better time than hitting the first set before the sun comes up. I have been known to night ride all night just to get that morning run.

Found the Tige dealer have them looking in to getting me a new top for the tower at cost since it only has 300 hours on it since I broke the last one. Mean while I am going to try and weld the old one again and since it cracks most when on the trailer will leave it down while driving. Wish me luck.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-03-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ WTF, what tower do you have and why the heck does it keep cracking? Hope you can work something out till you get either the top or a new tower. Anyway how has UT been so far and are you liking where your staying? Have you been out to UT Lake yet? I have a buddie in your area that just sold his boat and I'm sure is looking to get out.
Keep an ear out we usually hit Sunday's REALLY early and always can use another rider. We usually pass your parts on the way to the lake and can work out to pick ya up and session some flat water. Trying to work out a ride on a 07 MB B52 that my buddie just picked up but not sure how much he is into dawn patrol after a Saturday night. Let me know if you want in!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-04-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Did you get my text today about the Recruite being on www.boardersbestbuy.com ?
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-04-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
UT is nice I have been on Utah lake twice and deer creek once no smooth water yet but still a good time. The house is nice in a quiet neighborhood.

You bet I am in for a sunday morning run.
Old     (zeda)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-04-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Josh~~~I didn't get your text but I did get myself a brand spankin new Recruit on BBB today. Thanks for thinking about me. We are heading north this weekend and I sure hope I have the board for the weekend.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-04-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ WTF I couldn't remember who don't use their cell phones between you and E.J. so I sent the text for a heads up. I remember it was E.J. that I think he don't even know what one is, and you just joined the club. Glad you seen the deal up and it was a super good deal to be had. Have a great time up North on the new setup (you need to let us know about the bindings!) and please share some pics.

Mr. Rogers ~~ You'll get hit and miss with the local lakes here, it seems everybody is into boating and even during the week you will find a packed lake. Keep an ear out for Sunday and hope for great weather and we'll show you the best water to be had in UT. Word on the street is we might have a SANTE and a MB to session. Were still in the planning stages but we just might have chase boat footage with a Semi maybe pro photographer! Weather is a big factor right now but let's plan on one hell of a great session to be had even if we get one boat out!
Old     (pf728)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. Watch out for the sunken X2 at utah lake. No, its not mine so don't worry. It is just south of saratoga marina and towards the middle of the lake. There is a danger booie (i have no idea how to spell that lol) and a tube next to it. You can just see the tip of the pickle fork. Sad sad sight =(