Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (styk33)      Join Date: Aug 2004 Location: NorCal       09-03-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
I am looking for a little help here. I am trying to replace my rudder on 2000 V210 and I am having some problems getting the rudder out of the boat. Does anyone have experience with this and can help out. I cannot get the rudder down through the hull. It looks like I can push it down, but it does not move much.

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h84/Styk33/DSCF0485-1.jpg[/img]
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-03-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
can you say hammer???
Old     (styk33)      Join Date: Aug 2004 Location: NorCal       09-03-2007, 9:29 PM Reply   
I used a hammer gingerly as I did not feel comfortale pounding with all my might on the bottom of my boat.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-03-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
I just replaced the rudder in my 99 v210

first you need to unhook the steering linkage, then unbolt the four bolts. Next you might need to get putty knife and start separating the bottom plate from the boat as it is stuck on with marine epoxy.

Pull the whole assembly out from inside the boat, on my boat I had to remove the muffler tubes on the left to get it out.

To install the new one you need to jack the boat up on the trailer.
Old     (styk33)      Join Date: Aug 2004 Location: NorCal       09-04-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
Nate, thank you. I was hoping that I did not need to do that :-(

I have the exhaust tubes out already for easier access.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-04-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
James,

I had to replace the rudder on my Sanger DLX and I had the same problem with the rudder not dropping out through the hull after I had removed all of the linkage. I tried to gently persuade the rudder with a hammer but this ended up causing the end of the rudder to mushroom making it impossible to push through the hull. We ended up cutting the rudder off right below the hull, and then pushing the rod up into the boat.

Good Luck.