Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
I'm here in Central oregon and the lakes are getting pretty cold. I was curious when it started getting too cold to ride at shasta with a wetsuit.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-02-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
Dan, buy a wetsuit and save the trip to Shasta. We're riding west of the cascades with only a wet suit top right now. Pretty soon it'll be a full wet suit, then a dry suit, then winterization. Good luck. Nice purchase on the boat. Did you get it from a private party or from Stayton Motorsports?
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-02-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
I went to Shasta two weeks ago cause the weather up here sucks and it was amazing! The water temp was 75* air was right around 90* the lake was empty and still only down 50-60ft!
Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
I think the lakes here in Central oregon are colder. We've had close to freezing temps at night for over a month.

We have been riding with wetsuits, but after each ride our hands are pure white =)

And it's been getting colder every time we go.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-02-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
it is suppose to rain on wed. in nor cal. depending on how much it rains and how much it warms up after will depend on cold the shasta will get. a couple of years back we had 8 days of 105 in october. nice for boating. lake is @ 75 degrees still. wont be after the rain.
Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
Hey Bryan,

I bought it from a private party here in Sisters. I checked with stayton, but they didn't have anything in my price range.

When do you normally winterize?
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-02-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
We just got back from Shasta on Friday, Sept. 22nd. The last three days we were there it was unbelievably windy, worst whitecaps I've ever seen other than one time at Powell. When we docked the houseboats, 20 minutes after we started unloading the wind was blowing so hard it broke the dock in half. They had to ferry a bunch of our friends and gear over on a pontoon boat. We had two epic mornings, but then it got nasty. Hopefully if you head out there it'll be better.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-02-2006, 11:43 PM Reply   
Just got back today. Yesterday was pretty windy but still found rideable water. And of course today as we were heading back to the dock it was pure glass as far as you could see. I don't know what the temps were, But Late afternoon I wore a top and it was plenty.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-03-2006, 6:23 AM Reply   
We were out all weekend up the Sac. Water is in the high 60's but cooling off every day. It is starting to rain this morning. Last winter water only got down to 46 degrees.

Daniel Billy Chinook and Haystack are about your only option in the winter time. Prineville gets really low and freezes over on the upper end.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-03-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
Daniel, were rolling down early this Friday morning. Also from Bend and make about 4 or 5 trips a year. May and early June and Sept. October are the best times IMO. Weather and Water temps are way better then central Oregon, no people & Shasta is, well..Shasta, doesen't get any better and it's only a 4 1/2 hour drive. The kids went out riding last week and said Prineville COLD!!!!!!! Bryan is the pic on your profile from Cultas lake?
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
I was there from the 16th to the 22nd and it was windy every day. The main channel was blown out big time but the nice thing about Shasta is there is good water to be found even in windy conditions, we rode almost every day.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-03-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
A group of us just got back this past weekend and it was great except for Sunday. It was sunny, but the wind kicked up a bit. You can still find decent water though.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-03-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have lived in Redding now for a year, and you can pretty much ride through December with a dry suit. Its starting to cool off a lot so I would say its definitely upper/full wetsuit riding. The water as of a week or two ago on one of the colder arms was about 67-69 degrees.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-03-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
does anybody know the temps at the delta now, imm heading up there this weekend.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-03-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
Daniel,

Dang, the water is that cold over there? We usually winterize early November. You're on the other side of the mountains where it freezes a lot sooner. Where do you keep the boat?
Old     (mrdenial)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
I'm keeping it in my framers shop over the winter. I'm hoping that I can get my garage cleared out for next winter =)

-Daniel
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-04-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
Last week the water in the Delta was 68 to 69 degrees. Almost time for the full wetsuit. Especially with the lovely weather we are having this week.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-04-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
Linda is right on...

Delta is dropping pretty quick, way lower than the high 80's after the heat spell we had..

We were out on Monday, it was as low as 65 and as high as 68 in various parts ( grant line / old river / vics )

=)
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-04-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Hey CAR, pretty sure we saw you guys out at Silverthorn one day. We were in a yellow and black super air, you had a full boat pumpin' out some beats. Nice ride.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-05-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Kevin- That was us out for a booze cruise since it was pretty windy that day. I saw you guys pulling out of there. Flag me down next time. I see you are out of SLO, I live at Naci so we should hook up sometime.
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-06-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, me and my buddies started up a club in SLO. CCAW, Central Coast Association of Wakeboarders. We'll be up at Naci with 4 boats all day Saturday, provided the weather mellows out. Hopefully we'll see you out there riding good water instead of booze cruising this time. Perhaps both.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-07-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Kevin, that pitcure in your profile ROCKS!!!
I didnt know Spiderman had a wakeboard suit? .