Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-03-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Anybody know where I can rent a boat in Washington State?

Thanks,
-Kim
Old    oldschool            06-03-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
I thought I saw something on Lake Washington last week.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-03-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
Let me know if you can remember...I know there is something in Gig Harbor but I haven't checked it out yet. I would also like to do something on the east side of the mountains too.

Thanks,
-Kim
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I know the Yarrow Bay Marina rents boats, here's their website: http://www.yarrowbaymarina.com/boatrental/
I'm sure there are other marina's that rent boats, here's a website of Seattle and Eastside Marinas http://www.pacwest.pioneernetworks.com/region7.htm#CARILLON%20POINT%20MARINA
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-03-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
Thanks...anybody here anything on the east side of the mountains...where it's really warm?
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-03-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
I just checked the link for Yarrow...awesome and right in my back yard...think they deliver to Cozy Cove :-).
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-03-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Kim - What are you talking about? If you want to go to the east side of the mountains, you name the time and place and help with gas and I am there with my boat.

I am going to Chelan area in July is the only scheduled trip, but that doesn't mean I won't do more.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
Wow, check out all us Northwesterners. I keep my boat moored on Sammamish but 2 of the guys I ride with have boats on Lake Washington...maybe we'll see you out there some time...we ride mainly in Juanita Bay and Kenmore when we're on Washington. Any of you ever make it out to Sammamish?
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   
I know that you can rent boats on Lake Chelan. Sundown Marine in Richland rents boats. Also, there is an outfit out of Desert Aire that has a Jet Ski and ski boat rental. They are usually at Vantage on weekends.
You are always welcome to ride with us if you get to the Tri-cities.
Old    wawakechic            06-04-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Try the marinas on Lake Roosevelt where they rent houseboats. The water there is nice in July/August.

Laci, I've never been to Chelan, but I heard it is a cold lake. Have you been there before?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-04-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
I would love to hear more Eastern WA spots to hit. I want warm water. I would love nothing more than to shed the wetsuits.

Chelan isn't cold water. I boarded there last year. The only issue is by 9am the water is sloppy/choppy and it is hard to find a nice flat cove. But I think this year, in the afternoon I will pull my boat down to the river. I hear it is nice down there in the afternoon.

I also like the PotHoles, near Moses Lake. There are a couple lakes that are pretty hidden and sheltered and provide butter all day long.

Any other WA spots that are within 4 hours of Seattle Area?
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Not really East but Big Lake up near Mt. Vernon is nice...Ennan brothers home lake.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-04-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
Is Big Lake warm water?
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
Sorry, not really any warmer than Sammamish or Washington...
Old    wawakechic            06-04-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
I've never been to a lake on the western side that compares to Roosevelt, or mmmm Shasta.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   
I have...Radar Lake - Herb Obrien's private man made lake...I've never ridden anything like it, you have to see it to believe it.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-04-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
So I am reading that someone has a connection to radar? What will it cost to get a certain someone to share that connection?

I would love to board Radar. Did you see the video that was shot there?

But it still isn't warm. Eastern WA is where the warm water in WA is at, I have a feeling.

Any hot springs big enough for a wakeboarding boat? Harrison Hot Springs?
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 1:16 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I'm a few degrees seperated from being able to get out to Radar regularly (one of my two buddies with boats on Washington used to room with Herb's step daughter Mel), I haven't even been out there yet this season...but I plan to get out ther ASAP. Let me get a day out there and I'll see what I can do to get a certain someone the invite. Yeah, saw the vid shot there (Welcome), my buddy was out there for 2 days of the shooting, saw Parks biff a big one on one of the rails. Sure, Radar may not be warm right now, but it's so small that it doesn't take much to get it nice and hot...
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-04-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Hey...I'm thinking since we have some NW momentum here we should start a Yahoo group or the likes for local folks who board and boat. I have one with my neighborhood crew and it makes it easier to find thirds/hook-up to make new friends/trade information and tips. Anyone game or is there a local site already? I could start one if no one else wants to and there is response to get it going.
-Kim

P.S. On roadtripping to the east side of the mountains...I'm game Laci...just didn't want to be a boat-hog (he, he).
Old    wawakechic            06-04-2004, 1:56 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good idea Kim. Let me know if you do, I'll join in.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Me too...I'm game.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-04-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
Ok...sounds like I'll start a Yahoo group then...I'll send invites when I get it set-up...anybody else? Oh, yeah...if I end up naming it something that's dorky you can't give me too bad of a time (he, he)...but I'll try my best to pick something cool :-).
Old    skiboat21            06-04-2004, 5:28 PM Reply   
Count me in.
Old    wawakechic            06-04-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Brian, are you in the Eatonville area? I haven't heard of Meridian Lake but I know there is a Tanwax Lake (as opposed to Tanawax).
Old     (jeff206)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey, let me get in on this too.
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
These are some of the BEST spots on the east slopes of the Cascades---
1.) Banks Lake(MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!)-Electic City/Grand Coulee Dam/Lake Rosevelt(temp right now is about 56-62)(last summer it hit 79.1!like a sauna.

2.) Mardon Resort/Potholes Res.(between Moses Lake and Frenchman Hills.

3.) Lake Entiat/Columbia River-above Rocky Reach Dam.

4.)Lake Chelan

5.)Cresent Bar Resort(SR28-Douglas/Grant county border. down over the hill on the Columbia River.

If you click on my profile, them click on my homepage/url, click on web cams. some spots are on here. I know Lake Chelan is. has great shots of the area over here. If I misses any spots I'll post them later.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-04-2004, 11:06 PM Reply   
Kim, count me in on the yahoo group.

I have a BIG boat to fill. Took it out tonight and did some wakesurfing (and boarding)with some friends on Lk. Samm.

It was awesome to be out there.
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
Ok...site's up and I'll send out the e-vites soon...if you know of anyone else from the area who might be interested in joining the e-group just let me know...it's just a nice way to find and keep connected with the locals.
-Kim
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
I sent out invites to the 5 people on this thread who said they wanted to join the e-group...let me know if you didn't receive it or if you know of others who want to join
Old    wawakechic            06-07-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for setting this up Kim.
Old    skiboat21            06-07-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
Kim, Send me the link!!! Also I'm pretty sure it's Tanawax just short of the whole Northwest Trek thing off 161. I live across from Lake Meridian in Kent but to get some decent water we'll go to Tanny on the weekends. BTW Don't tell anybody about this lake. : )
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
I want to play too!!

Count me in!

Laci,

When are you posting pic's of the new boat?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hey Chris - Long time since I heard from you. How was Moses Lake?

Pics will be posted after I get the certified mechanic to check it out (I bought it on continency of what they say), so I know for sure it is mine with no chance of return.

Went out Friday evening on Lake Samm to do some wake surfing. Had a blast in it. The lake samm crew are calling it the party boat because it is so roomy. But the bad news is we felt a few issues and are concerned about the hull and/or transmission. Gosh is it too much to ask for a v-drive boat in the 40K or less range without major issues?
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
Moses was killer... Would have loved better weather, but we found a killer spot with very little wind and tore it up all weekend!

Well, can't say that I didn't have any problems, but they will all work out! They always do!

BTW - You owe me a couple of pulls!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
Chris - You, Dustin and Matt can have some pulls, if you come out of the boon docks...oh I mean Lake Stevens. hehehe

I will post to the yahoo group, when my boat is on the lift and ready to go. Contemplating a trip this weekend to my secret lake.
Old    wawakechic            06-08-2004, 8:34 AM Reply   
Brian, I spend a lot of time just down the road at Silver Lake. I won't tell anyone about your lake. It's hard enough to find a 3rd in the area so I think you are safe.

Laci, If you are thinking of coming my way this weekend, give me a call. I'm available until 3 Saturday and all day Sunday.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
Hey Kim can you send me an invite also.

Mark
mhsb1029@hotmail.com
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2004, 9:00 AM Reply   
Kim,

I'm interested. Please pm me as well.

Thanks, Cliff
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-08-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
There used to be someone at Cresent Bar who rented an old, closed bow Malibu. We rented it about 5 yrs ago after a wasted prop left us without a boat and with 9 people and lots junk, I can't even begin to guese how many times we put the bow under water<<<<<ah good times<<<<<,

Laci, sounds like the boat thing is going through, but if not let me know. I just heard about one that you would love and it comes with moorage on LK. Sammamish.

Matt

PS. the water in the Columbia is pretty cold most of the summer but with the hot temps it's tolerable. The secret is in late September and October it's the warmest when all of the snow melt has been gone for a while. The other great thing is school is back in session and all of the families are gone and you have miles of awesome water and 70 degree temps when it's in the 50's on the westside of the mountains. It's a small window but there are few weeks around this time where the Columbia is pardise.
Old    maximabello            06-08-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
Kim,
I would also like an invite.
maximabello@yahoo.com
Thanks
Erik
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-08-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
I think I added everyone...who else is game for the local forum?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-11-2004, 3:58 PM Reply   
Last year the Tige dealer in Auburn was offering a deal where you could rent a boat with equipment for like $ 400 a day ( I think) and he'd deliver it to the lake. It was a Tige 22 Rider's I think??? Not bad if you're boatless and want to rent something other than a Bayliner.
Old    rainrider            06-14-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
Hello, I live on lake stevens, The lake is already warm! Can a guy get an invite?
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-14-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Yeah shoot me an email at chris.schmidt@wamu.net

Out almost everyday!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
Kevin - if you want to join the yahoo group, just send Kim an email at girlwhoboards3@yahoo.com.

But also go hang out on Lake Steven's with Chris. They have a great setup designed for wakeboarding, BBQ, bonfires and fun.
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-14-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Thanks Laci!

We are the lake whores of Lake Stevens and proud of it!
Old    markymark432            06-17-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Anybody interested in moorage on lk. washington in exchange for taking me riding?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
what part of Lk. WA?

Are you near a cove? and do you have a boat lift?

Also, Mark check your email.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on June 17, 2004)