Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Since installing the REV10s on our boat I have walked a ways back to hear them but, not any big distance. Over the weekend we were at the lake, I had my wife drop me near the shore and drive away from me, the video was shot with a Flip Mino Video Camera, thought is was cool the way it turned out and was worth sharing. On a side note the dog HATES these speakers, I think my ear drums do as well. When watching turn up the volume to a decent level and leave it, might be a little loud in the beginning of the video. Enjoy!

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-08-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
Nice!! You got me wanting now.......
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       08-09-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Definitely jealous, sounds great.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Man I cant imagine having 2 pair of these, I have one pair powered by a SYN4 as well and they are insane!
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-10-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
That was cool!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       08-10-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
1 Pair of Rev-10's with a SYN4 is top notch.... two pairs is PERFECT. 3 a pairs.... well, maybe we'll find out soon
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-10-2011, 4:55 PM Reply   
Awesome video! Great song choice too!

2 pairs is amazing, 3 pairs would be nuts. But what about 7 pairs!!!! (yes there is a boat with 7 pairs coming soon)

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
Anyone else jealous that the video was taken on the weekend and not a single other boat is in it and the water looks pretty damn good the whole time?
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-10-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
I can vouch for two pairs on dual Syn 4's, For those Pro 80 owners on the fence, yes they really sound that much better. I came from two pairs of Pro 80's and have no no regrets.

Cool video - only thing i see wrong with it is trolling up the butter...
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-10-2011, 7:38 PM Reply   
agreed, throw the Fn camera back in your wifes purse and get out there and shred! the tubers and jetskis are on there way ya know!

song title?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
That's a cool video. Show's you the power of how far sound can go across the water. You did a nice job with the graphics and font on your video. It would be cool if you could use this video as a tool to show people how far sound go's and to be aware of how far the music is going back. And to watch out around houses and Marinas ect. And try and find "Clean music" (when playing for a bunch of people) I love big systems and Big sound, we got to do what we can to let people know Time and Place so the Po Po aint shutting us down.
Think about what "No Power Turns" might have done for your local lake ect.
Once again cool video
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-10-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
awesome video! But I will agree, that water conditions look pretty epic for what looks to be mid day.
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-10-2011, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
Anyone else jealous that the video was taken on the weekend and not a single other boat is in it and the water looks pretty damn good the whole time?
Not jealous of weekend/water thing at all.

It's Texas...

The speakers sound great though.
Old     (doc1)      Join Date: May 2011       08-10-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
Don't worry he only wasted 5 minutes of riding time. Plus now we actually understand how far they put out! WOW, I know what I am saving for!
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Video was taken around 12:30 on a Saturday, it was an epic day as far as conditions go, we tubed, zigzagging allover the butter the rest of the day with the same conditions until everyone had their fill of riding, another boat showed up around the time we were finishing up, they were getting their tube ready as we left. As far as sound traveling I was truly amazed, the boat was just short of a half mile away when it turned around. We always try to respect others, this lake is not populated, we try to watch what and how loud we are playing it when we are on populated waterways. Another thing I noticed about the video is it shows how the speakers over power the sound of the boat engine when she is making her notorious tube slinging power turn at the end.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-11-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
12:30 on a Saturday at my local lake looks like the atlantic ocean!!!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-11-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
12:30 on a Saturday at my local lake looks like the atlantic ocean!!!
X2 - with a tropical storm brewing.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-11-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
Sounds amazing.
I can't wait to see if the 485's will get a revamp.

How do they sound compared to a 485?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-11-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
Have a pair of Rev 10's on my VLX, two of them will blow your ears off.... I cant imagine four of them, I think people would be wearing earplugs in my boat with four.

Seriously, they are great speakers, great mid-bass, and high's... they rock the house! You get great sound at 70-80ft. Thumbs up!
Old     (joebob)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-12-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
You should leave your dog at home. You could seriously damage it's ears permanetly. Just sayin.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-12-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
That's some crazy awesome sound. Sounds like I need to save up some bread haaha