Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-04-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
I was wanting to customize my bindings (03 Parks) but I need a couple more of those snap/closure things found on the laces. Can anyone tell me where I can buy these things??? or anything comparable.

I was thinking about putting 3 independent laces on the Parks. As everyone knows, the front of the boot is almost impossible to cinch down.

I know this will void the warranty and all that crap. Save that discussion for another tread.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Local board shop should carry them.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Why three laces and not just two?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-04-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
Thats the problem. I bought them online. I honestly dont know if there is a boardshop less than 3 hours away. Has anyone seen them online?

1 in the back, and 2 on each front/side. I think just 1 on the front will still give you a bad angle of pull to tighten it.

I'll try several lace orientations.

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-04-2003, 7:02 PM Reply   
Call RV @ Grizzly Sports. He is really cool and can probably hook you up.
Old    chrisn            09-04-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
dude, you know that will void the warrenty!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-04-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
Call Hyperlite and tell em you broke them. They'll probably send you a couple for free.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-05-2003, 6:07 AM Reply   
I called RV 30 minutes after I posted the message. I bought my bindings from him. He said he will send me some of those snaps.

RV @ GRIZZLY-SPORTS IS THE MAN!

I hope this doesnt void my "warrenty" because i had NO idea it would. (see post #1)
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-05-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
I did one of my bindings. My left binding always seemed loose in the toes and I was having a hard time tightening it. I added the second tie to the front. I now tighten it before I put the binding on. It is still nearly impossible to tighten with the biding on. If you look at the binding the top lace holder in the front of the binding is designed to pinch the lace to lock it in place. I just used one lace in the front and I set it at the tighness that I like and it hasn't moved for a couple months now.