Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-19-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO CA
203 PM PST FRI NOV 19 2004

.STRONG HIGH PRESSURE IS BUILDING INTO THE GREAT BASIN AND WILL PRODUCE VERY GUSTY NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL LIKELY BE NEAR THE NORTH AND EAST BAY HILLS...WITH GUSTY CONDITIONS POSSIBLE NEAR THE DELTA AND SAN PABLO BAY AS WELL. WINDS WILL BE STRONGEST SATURDAY MORNING AND AGAIN SUNDAY MORNING WITH SOME DIMINISHING OF WINDS DURING THE DAY SATURDAY. HIGH PRESSURE WILL WEAKEN SOMEWHAT SUNDAY AFTERNOON ALLOWING THE WINDS TO SUBSIDE.

A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS ARE FORECAST TO BE 35 TO 39 MPH OR GUSTS RANGE BETWEEN 45 AND 57 MPH. WINDS OF THESE MAGNITUDES ARE CAPABLE OF CAUSING MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE UNLESS PRECAUTIONS ARE TAKEN.
ALAMEDA AND CONTRA COSTA COUNTIES CA-NAPA COUNTY CA- SONOMA AND MARIN COUNTIES CA-

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON PST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY FROM 10 PM TONIGHT THROUGH 12 NOON SUNDAY FOR THE NORTH AND EAST BAY. NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 15 TO 30 MPH TONIGHT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 45 MPH...ESPECIALLY NEAR THE NORTH AND EAST BAY HILLS.
ALTHOUGH WINDS WILL GENERALLY BE LIGHTER AT LOWER ELEVATIONS...OCCASIONAL STRONG GUSTS ARE POSSIBLE THERE AS WELL.
NORTHEAST WINDS MAY DIMINISH SLIGHTLY DURING THE DAY SATURDAY...BUT WILL INCREASE ONCE AGAIN SATURDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY.
Old    wakelvr            11-21-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
Well, it was windy as heck Sunday and we almost called it, but we decided to head out anyway and here's what we ended up with:-)

More pics from today: http://www.wakepics.com/media.php?searchstr=user:1567&trick=Any&type=Any&t ime=1101093102&search=search&limit=10

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-22-2004, 7:09 AM Reply   
Stefani;
It looks like you guys managed to find some good water, I was wondering if you guys would make it out, Saturday was blowing..... Sunday morning wasn't much better when I woke up. You guys get any viedo?
Old    wakelvr            11-22-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hi Gary,
The wind was blowing hard Sunday but we had decent water on Tracy Oasis most of the day. There was a period of an hour or so where it got kind of choppy so we went to lunch. Then the water got really nice again. All in all, a great day on the water. I got some video. I heard Saturday was decent until the afternoon. Did you guys make it out?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Stefani,

We had great water Saturday until about 3:30pm. The Delta is a trip, I had to get used to not being able to see anything above the water line. You guys are some lucky SOB's to have that much flat water all the time.

I had some pictures to post, but my disk got destroyed on the plane ride home. Christie was filming all day, so you probably see a clip in the future.

I was great to see Christie, Mike, Jimmy, and Joe again. It was also nice to meet some new people, Henry, and Frankie.

All in all, we had an awesome time while I we were down there. Thanks to Christie for making sure the Delta crew rolled out the red carpet for our visit. I rolled something out for them, but Christie was busy driving.

Stefani,

Sorry we missed meeting you guys again, maybe next time.

Jay Rod,

Hope things got taken care of for your buddy this weekend. Maybe we can hook up at the Shasta get together this summer.

Now it's time for a Delta Crew trip to Seattle.
Old    wakelvr            11-22-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Cliff, sorry we didn't get a chance to meet your crew. I thought you guys were heading out on Sunday but heard second hand Sunday morning that you guys wouldn't make it out. Next time for sure! Take it easy:-)

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-22-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Cliff,

Glad you had a good time. I'll be making a couple of trips to Shasta in the summer. Let's stay in touch. Sorry I had to miss wakeboarding to help a good friend move, but, I got to hang out in Santa Barbara for an evening. I just can't say enough good things about Santa Barbara....haha! Yikes!

Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
Christie,
Thanks for the all hospitality. It was great to finally get out on the DELTA.

I have some emotional scars that came back with me, has something to do with hanging out with Cliff, maybe it was best I moved to Las Vegas.

The parting words that I heard by some rapper when we were at Jack London Square. Aint no party like a holy............?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-22-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
Cliff - I missed the live "rollout" but unfortunately for me I think it was caught on film so I might have to endure the instant replay

Scott - Thanks a lot for putting that song back in my head again. Now the party won't stop! I think I have some emotional scarring as well from hanging with Cliff. Maybe I will just have two four ounce glasses to stop the pain....
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
There definitely were a few things hanging out!

Sorry I had to bail so early on Sat and miss the after party. New job, you know how it goes. Great to ride with the NW crew again, glad you all had fun and nobody got arrested or shot.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-23-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
Where are all the pictures/videos?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-23-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Hahn - Cliff took pictures, but his disk got destroyed on the flight home. I have video footage so a short vid will come in the next few days....
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-23-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
Looking forward to seeing it Christie!