Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-13-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
Not even sure who's still around but was out boarding today a reflecting on the good ole times and thought I see who was still around.

Haven't done much boarding for a long time (healing and other sports) but we recently moved to a private lake community so we're getting after it again.

If anybody local has weekdays off, hit me up, I need another driver to give my wife a break and couple other people in the rotation would be nice as well.

Sam crew you're always welcome to stay at my house if you guys want to make a trip down this winter....get your plan on!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-14-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
Which lake you live on? Crystal Lake or Marina Del Ray (i think that's the name)
Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-14-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
You're correct, it's Marina Del Rey and that is where we live.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-14-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Wow, Long time no talk or see posting. Good to see you are still around. Havent seen you since Shasta get together I believe 7 years ago.
Alot has changed since then. Hit me wiht a PM or email for some updates if you have time.
Rick
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-14-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
I always have weekdays off, and I know how to drive pretty decently. Still an apprentice when it comes to riding but I'm not scared to make a fool of myself.

Where is Marina Del Rey anyways?
Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-14-2012, 8:59 PM Reply   
Hey Rick...I think it's actually been more like 9 years since that get together but seen a lot of those people since and still see some every so often...will see the Wilson's in Vegas next month.

Raf...riding with us is more about attitude...less about skill....we don't care what tricks you can throw...just that everybody has fun.

We're located off of McQueen between Elliot and Guadalupe....you can google earth it.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-14-2012, 9:22 PM Reply   
I think I can consider myself a nice and respectful person (my wife is the same way). Let me know when you need a third or fourth, I'm usually down to go out.
Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-15-2012, 12:44 AM Reply   
^hahaha, that's fine...I am out of town next week...the nice thing about our lake...no spotter or flag required. PM me your info and I'll let you know when we'll be going out the following week...most likely wed, thurs, and Fri....we try to leave the weekends to the m-f guys and usually get the lake to ourselves.
Old     (Mattatto)      Join Date: May 2012       09-15-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Good to see I'm not the only one getting back in the game after an exteded dry spell. I've beenout for about 5 yrs now. I don't have weekdays off but it is flexible I can leave early afternoon or go in late.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-15-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
Ive shredded at crystal lake a few times and their boat, hull, weight/wake restrictions are pretty strict. strict enough that youre pretty much wakeboarding behind the boat in the "young scott byerly" video at the Massachusetts wakeboard clinic.
what are the restrictions at marina del rey?
Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-15-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Matt, I've gone on Saturdays but as the weather gets cooler there'll be less people using it and it'll be less likely that I'd have to do a rotation. I have my drysuit out getting new seals so I'll be going year around. Late afternoons are good too though.

DC, there is a size restriction (21' I think) but no weight restriction that I recall. The shore is concrete so erosion isn't an issue. That said, I don't overdo it but the wake is plenty ample..15' in to the flats isn't an option nor do I care to do it. 75' rope w2w's are my preference. I was over at Crystal today (didn't board), looks like most of those boats are ski boats, not sure about their restrictions.
Old     (need2board)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-17-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
hey hey Jenkins, long time no talk..still living on the west side, still riding @ lake pleasant, will have to come out your way.

Aaron
Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-17-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
Holy crap...what's up Aaron? No lake (un)Pleasant for us...we live on the East side now...come out and ride..haven't seen you forever!