Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-04-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
I have a polished aluminum tower from diywake.com. wondering if it would be possible to get it powder coated black. And how much would it cost?
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-04-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
Yes you can definitely have it powder coated. Price depends on the shop. At my work it would probably only be about 150-200 bucks depending on if it needed any sandblasting to remove say a clear coat or something. If it's just bare aluminum it would definitely be less then 200 bucks. if it needed media blasting or stripping it would probably be 100 more. Check around pricing can vary greatly from shop to shop. Also I would recommend you make sure they use a powder that is rated for outdoor use there are many different types of powders and using the correct one for the correct application is important.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-04-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
would it be like they come from tower factories? i want it to be decently shiny but not glossy, would i be able to choose that?
Old     (metalic_era)      Join Date: May 2010       09-05-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Ben
I don't know if there's a powdercoating shop around Sullivan but theres 2 by Effingham. I have used the one a few times for my motorcycle parts and they do nice work and I think reasonable. If you want black they have different powders for the gloss you want. I still have your # let me know if you want there #.

I'll be on shelbyville this afternoon You?

We went up around Wilbourn last saturday and hit a damn tree luckily didn't hurt anything

Josh
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-05-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
yeah ill be around wilborn at 4 till dark, flag me down if you see me!
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-05-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Call extreme powersports in greenville, they have a powder coater down the street that does nice work.