Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-25-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Hello boys & girls. Just want some opinions on some of the 'Mastercraft by Design' options. Is it really worth the money you pay. For example. The LED lighting in the speakers. Do you really use it that often!!?? Also stereo wise. Is it best to get it from the factory or do it yourself with other stereo equipment. What would you do? Boat is already on order still pondering on what I want to add.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-25-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
I would have all the things installed factory but the stereo,you are always gonna want just alittle bit more then the stock.
Personally the route I went was since I was spending 50k and buying the best boat for me,I wanted to have all the little bells and whistles...don't be cheap!LOL It would suck to be out on the water and say.....It would have been nice if I got such and such!just a thought.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-25-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
I hear yah there. Just wanted to see if there were any people out there that got certain options and didn't like what they got. Lights, LED's etc... One other question for yall. Perfect Pass wakeboard pro or just the cruise control. What is the difference??
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-25-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
i heard the mc cruise sucks. go pp wbpro.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-25-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
I also hear that depends on the user if MC cruise control sucks.I think that it is not a bad system but actually have to learn how to use it!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on September 25, 2005)
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-25-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
What be the difference between the cruise and PP wakeboard pro?? Much difference. A mix of ppl both skiing and wakeboarding will be behind this boat. Mostly just want to keep steady speed when were free riding or skiing. Some course but not much.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-25-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
The Perfect Pass is not for the other riders--it is for you! Typically the boat owner/main driver has no problem keeping a steady speed. What sucks is when you want a pull and the person driving can't keep speed or drive a straight line. With Perfect Pass all the wife/buddy/person that never drives a boat needs to do is hold a straight line. Get Perfect Pass--nobody wants a 40K+ boat that they can't ride behind...
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-25-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
GET PERFECT PASS!!!! Perfect Pass is the best option that you can add to your boat. I have never used the mc cruise but I have only heard bad stories about it.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I guess I will be calling my dealer back to add that in today..
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
MC speed control works flawlessly if you know how to use it. It isn't quite as basic as PP, but it works in a similar manner. PP is realy obvious when it kicks in because it beeps at you. The MC speed control has a display that says it is "locked" when you get up to speed. Either way the systems work the same, but you have to look at the speedo instead of listening for the sound. Personally I think the MC system works better for driving d-ups and for going around corners. You can't even tell it's adding or subtracting throttle. It's super smooth.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2005, 1:44 PM Reply   
Well I did just call and order the PP. Re-sale it may help as well. Thats what I thought. Is there other people out there that have used both the MC cruise and the Perfect Pass? What are our opinions on both?
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-28-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
ive used both and at first i definitely thought that the mc cc sucked but after working with it for a little bit its just as easy to use as pp my x2 has the cc and im sticking with it dont fix if if it is not broken.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-28-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
Pefect Pass WP is not stock on an X2? I know nothing.......

That is just not right!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
I'm with Evan. We both have the MC CC and it works perfectly. Like Evan mentioned, it even holds the speed in corners. The acceleration is way smoother than PP. Previously I had Perfect Pass on my Malibu and it was terrible. We had to run it in RPM mode. When your boat is seriously slammed, RPM mode is horrible. I'll stick with the MC system.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
Damn... well I sure hope I don't have any problems cause I ordered the PP to be put on my boat and its too late to change it. Almost finished at the factory. Should get the boat in November.. or maybe X-mas... Best x-mas ever!
Old     (andreas)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-29-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
I ordered my X-30 with alot of MC by Design stuff.

Went with the factory stereo setup but no tower stuff. Then did the custom box and enhanced the stock stuff. More custom grills amps speakers etc. Sounds awsome but cost a ton for the entire finished system.

Also upgraded to PP wakeboard Pro

Andreas
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
ive actually never ridden a weighted boat that didnt need to run rpm mode, mine sure as hell does.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-29-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Mike so if you with weight you run in rpm mode why do should anyone buy wakeboard pro. Couldnt you get the basic one for cheaper that works in the RPM mode?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-29-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Mike,

Adjust your settings or run thru all of PP tests, you should not have to run in RPM mode. Something is wrong. I used to run right at 3000lbs in a PS 190 (water almost to the rubrail) and my PP worked fine in speed mode.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-30-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
Adam, do you know a guy named Matt Deagen? He has a Pro star 190 and weighs it down with 4500lbs. I dont think its that smart, but why not.