Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
I've always been a Playstation hater.... but broke down and bought a PS3 yesterday.... and its great.

My moms DVD player died on her, so I "sold" her my old upconvert, used that to off set the cost of getting a new blu-ray for myself.... but after checking prices it was only going to $100 more for the PS3 so I broke down and bought that instead.... and oddly enough my Xbox 360 died that day so it all worked out.

but this thing is great!!!! I highly recommend one to anyone....

anyone with one, any games/accessories that are MUST HAVES?? The only game I got was Little Big Planet ( I have Modern Combat and Bad Company 2 on xbox360)

Thanks!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-04-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
1saleaday.com has the PS3 dual controller charger station on sale every once and awhile for about $9.99 - not essential, but is nice to have setup for charging your controllers.

Little Big Planet is the chit! Love that game. If you're into FPS you might like Killzone 2 (should be able to find it for cheap on craigslist), Metal Gear Solid is fun, those are the only PS3 exclusive games I've played.

You can also use Azureus to stream movies over the net on your PS3 too which is nice if you want to watch a movie from your computer.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-04-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
My little brother just got God of War 3. I never got the chance to play it, but it looked badarse.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-04-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
Nick, did you get the red ring of death on your 360 or what happened to it? If it's RROD, you don't have to get it repaired for some crazy amount. I just fixed mine the other day with a $10 kit off ebay. It wasn't difficult, took me an hour, most of which was taking apart the damn thing. Thats assuming if u even want to use it after getting ur ps3 haha
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
I get the 3 red ring like 2 times a week, I can fix that one just fine (for a few days) and have been living with it for like 6 months that way.... then just recently I get the 2 red ring and don't know how to fix that besides let it sit and hope it goes away.

also the disk drive doesn't open unless its horizontal and I jam a screw driver into this whole and flip a little lever.... but then it won't close unless its vertical.
Its been on the fritz for like a year or two.... I got it right when they came out, so its done me well.... I may just try and mod it now and not have to worry about playing online with it.

I'm sure I'll still use it until I get a few more games for the ps3.... its going to be nice to not have to pay to play online... tonight was the first time I fiddled with all the stuff on the playstation network, it looks like it'll be worth the money
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-05-2010, 12:01 AM Reply   
Dead Space!
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-05-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
FIFA 10 is a ton of fun and even my gaming friends who once frowned on soccer have grown to enjoy it (especially since it supports 7 controllers). If you don't want to get FIFA 10, FIFA 9 is a good time and available for $20 these days. I also agree on the dual controller charging station which also will free up a USB slot up front for a flash drive.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-18-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
God of War 3 is awesome, you can get the 3 disc set with the first 2 games remastered for PS3 as well. MAG if you like shooters although it doesn't seem as popular as it was at first, not as many players on line these days. It is pretty cool but prepare to get killed out of the blue a lot.

There are free games available for download as well, check out Fat Princess. Pretty much a capture the flag style game but the flag is a princess that gets fatter when you feed her cake so she is harder for the other team to carry back to their base.

You can find a lot of good videos on fixing an XBOX with the Red Ring issue on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjinHmEoss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsz0lNJ6JrQ

Last edited by jtnz; 04-18-2010 at 6:52 PM. Reason: add a link