Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    tommyracer73            06-25-2003, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hi... one more from me for now :-)

When people talk about learning things in "so much time" how much water time are they talking?

Say for instance it took you "1 season" or "5 days" to get a certain trick.... How much actual water time are we talking here?

For me, I am just starting on jumps really... I ride at a cable park which is 750m long. I have done about 20 laps on it last year and about 100 this year. Thats 30 mins water time last year and 150 mins water time so far this year. Am I doing well for that amount of time? Or crap? lol.

Also, every time I try something and fall off, its a swim to the edge of the lake, walk to the dock and queue up for 5 to 40 mins. I cant just get up again and carry on...

Let me know what tricks you can do, estimate how much total water time you do in a season, in a day and the total time you have boarded over the years.. if you can :-)

Thanks a bunch!

Tom...

(Message edited by tommyracer73 on June 25, 2003)
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2003, 2:08 PM Reply   
Two day a week. One day, during the week I do two sets. When I go on the weekend I do three sets. Five sets a week at an average of 15 minutes a set totals 75 minutes a week.
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-25-2003, 3:48 PM Reply   
When I can get out I'll do as many sets as my out-of-shape body can handle inbetween my brothers kneeboarding and teaching othr people how to get up and carve and stuff. So I probably will do anywhere from 3-8 (plus, depending on how long we are out there) sets of approx. 10min each over the course of a 4-6 hr day. My days of riding are VERY few and far between due to weather and the crappy ocean water :-( So I'd say a good season would be one where I get out at least once a week. But that hasn't even been happening yet so... its really hard to tell, I've only ridden 4 times since march :-(:-(:-(:-( but we're getting a new boat so it could end up being more than a couple of days a week. So overall I guess I really just don't know. But You've given me the idea to keep a journal of how much water time I get and what I'm doing and how I'm progressing. Thanx, and sorry for the long post.
Old    tommyracer73            06-26-2003, 1:24 AM Reply   
Thats great... It seems like I dont get much actual water time compared to most then...

Would be great to get an idea of water time taken to learn certain things though...

Tom...
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2003, 2:45 AM Reply   
try to get out at least once a day. sometimes as many as tree times a day.
Old    tommyracer73            06-26-2003, 4:54 AM Reply   
yeah but whats that? 15 mins a day? 5 hours a day? :-)
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2003, 11:03 PM Reply   
id say just learn at your own pace and if you feel your in a rut and not progressing take a lesson or just throw that trick youve been triing to make??
Old    simba            06-27-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
I try to go twice a week and i ride atleast 4 sets on weekdays and atleast 6 sets on weekends.

I cant believe some of you go out and only ride 2 sets, I'm just warmed up by then lol. I also ride 15-30 mins a set.
Old    helixthecat            06-27-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
You must have some BIG pipes Ron