Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
check out some of the new ones that have been built..

Upload
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   

Upload
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   

Upload
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
guys, I really like the looks of these boats. The speakers pointing up looks different but at cruising speed it won't blow the people in the back seat out! Wakecraft keep up the good work! I'd like to see a couple here in Oklahoma area lakes!
Old     (nywake88)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
that's sick, how much do they run?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-20-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Yea for real these boats look sweet
Old     (griffano)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-20-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
It looks really sweet and has a great set up it seems but I think the one mistake that they made was trying to make it the fastest wakeboarding boat out there. It is a gas guzzler 60 something gallon tank and it is only a 20 footer. Thats $180 to fill up and with a 6.0 liter engine that will probobly last a day and a half only lol. I don't know but I have never had the need to race anyone in a wakeboarding boat.
Old    stillstandin            09-20-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Not for me, but glad to see new stuff out there
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
I duno, they kind of scream 'look at me', but to each their own.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-20-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
I don't like the 1st one but that blue and white is pretty bad
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
actually mine gets very good gas comsumption. i dont run around wide open all the time though.
i can last a good 3 days with full tank. my ps 197 with indmar Lq9 was way more of a gas hog.

(Message edited by rodltg2 on September 20, 2007)
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-20-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
I'm not a fan but to each their own. I prefer more subtle lines and colors but different strokes for different folks.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Post up their website.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
www.wakecraft.com

google is wonderful. No dealerships listed is this a new company?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-20-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
What are these costing?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-20-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/boa/421721869.html
it seems the price keeps rising and the customer referal keeps dropping. since the beging of the year. the blue and white looks great. i know you guys tried to get some demo's going but i never saw any true wake reviews. i still would love to get a pull, you cant judge it unless you ride it. you guys going to be at the boat show again this year? i would like to compare wc to epic both being new lines might make a good topic, comparing cost, value, wake, finish, etc.. they look great though hope you guys keep building and selling boats. good luck post up the next time your in disco for some demo's. lates
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-20-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Ron, you are on here 24/7 but for whatever reason you cant find/see the obvious!

Do you work?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
actually nothing has changed. the price was set at 50K as an introductry price for the first few to get some boats out there. however the first boats were a little less loaded. did not include the new stereo setup, bimini top, and cover. now the price is 59500 with everything you see. commison has never changed.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
we'll be at boardstock with 3 boats. 2 on land and one in the water for demo's.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-20-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
as far as i can say i think the boat LOOKS sick, something i noticed, with the speakers located in the bow like that..is there still seat right there??, and if so..if the person decides to sit there, wont most of the sound be muffled by whomever is sitting in the bow??
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Not really my look either.
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-20-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
almost 60k??

I hope that comes with a "happy finish" for that price?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
fug
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-20-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Looks kind of like a toy boat with those big tires.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
Speakers arent ointing up when in the water. Everyone that has been behind my Wakecraft has loved the wake even without ballast. It has been a great boat and with any of the owners inputs for a change or addition of something is always considered and often implamented. Awsome company! Keep up the great work David. Also you all need to realize is the gel is designed by each owner. In otherwords its up to your imagination. Dont know of any other boat company that will do that.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
Anybody have wakesurf pics? I've seen the ones with two people but does anyone have any with just one person?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
Anybody have wakesurf pics? I've seen the ones with two people but does anyone have any with just one person surfing?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-20-2007, 6:23 PM Reply   
Kdubz... LMAO!!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
I think they look pretty cool for the most part but the transom area looks awkward to me. It looks as though it would make it a little more difficult to board up. I also dont like the speakers being tilted up, I get the functional aspect of it but there is something to be said for form. They seem like cool boats but I have a real tough time with the price for a very new company. I realize the builder has been around a long time and has had succesful venture's in the past but the market has changed and become significantly more competetive since they were last in the game.

I'm not a super flashy guy but with boats I think it's ok to stretch that some and get flames and different colors and such. So I do like the look of these and wouldn't at all mind owning one of them from an asthetics point of view.
Old     (vec)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-21-2007, 1:09 AM Reply   
I can´t believe you guys.
Those boats are ugly!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-21-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
I dont believe anyone has put up pics of the wakes, at speed (21-24mph), with a full ballast. I mentioned this the last time everyone started a Wakecraft thread. So, can someone post some pics of the boat making a decent wake w/ a rider for reference?

IMO, it is not my style at all. For 60K I'd rather have an MC, Nautique, or Malibu. Unless you live right done the street from the manufacturer, you will be SOL when something goes wrong and I'm not spending 60K to work on something that is under warranty...
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
I definitely wouldn't buy one but I do like the blue and white one but the tower is kinda cheesy lookin' the tower looks like a bad rip off version of the wakesetter tower . . . the more I look at it the less I like it
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-21-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I'm lovin the boats def. the first one! The only two things I'd change about these are go with a smaller trailer tire with a non "bling" rim. Also change the wakecraft logo....but I think there off to a great start.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
What do you like about the first one ? I figured that would be the least liked out of the 2

(Message edited by lovin_the_wake on September 21, 2007)
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-21-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Not for me either, but interesting.
Old     (rickyp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Why is it that the Mastercraft guys are always so concerned about service? Is it that their boats break down so much?. Cool boat but I'll stick with mine.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
These boats remind me of people with way too many tattoos and piercings
Old     (mechmaster)      Join Date: May 2006       09-21-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Rod,

I saw a red/white Wakecraft surfing in Maple Bay on Cultus Lake, BC last Saturday. Was that you?

Its the first Wakecraft I'd seen in person. Looks better/more proportional in person that in photos. Side exhaust is kind of loud though.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
its amazing to me how worked up and emotional people get on these boat threads. i didnt want to start boat bashin or boat war. people are so quick to judge something without knowing much about it. to tell you the truth when i first saw pictures of the wakecraft , i wasn't to thrilled by it either. granted it was the proto type. it wasn't till i saw it in person, drove it, rode behind it , met the owner and had the whole wakecraft experience till i fell in love with it.someone earlier posted that the price seems high. but do you know what it all includes? have you experienced the performance? riden behind it? sure its a new company. but this is not the owner's first time around. this is not his first boat. he's been in this industry longer than most of us have been walking. he's also played a major role in other top boat manufacturers. keep in mind , the boat is equiped with all top of the line equipment and components.it doesn't have an experimental engine .it has a PCM engine. its got perfect pass, polk audio, SBT trailers etc...same stuff all the top manufacturers use. so i guess my point is, have an open mind. if you get a chance see one in person. take a ride behind it. all us owners are very excited about this boat and more than willing to show it off.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
i forgot to add, to those worried about service...its got a PCM engine. its not a foriegn car. any PCM certified shop can work on it. we are working on setting up places to go through out . and for those do it yourselfers,the engine compartment opens up all the way making access very simple. i was able to do the fluid change on the engine , tranny and vdrive myself!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-21-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
I live in Abbotsford as well and always drive by your house and see the boats you have or when you are up at Cultus surfing. I like the look of the boat for sure, never had chance to see the interior, and am still undecided on the tower, but I still think it's a nice boat otherwise. I might half to stop in one day and have a look.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-21-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Rick, I guess I'm just spoiled by my dealer. I dont take care of anything, he does it all, even picks the boat up if I need him to. In two years, I've had two warranty issues that were resolved immediately, which I know that if there was no dealer close by, it would have been more of an issue and issues take time to resolve, which as a business owner I dont feel I should be burdened with. I dont want to worry about calling around to see who will work on what. He even let me use his boat while mine was in the shop. Do you get the same service from you Nautique dealer?

IMO, if you buy a new boat, you will have some issues sooner or later regardless of what manufacturer you prefer. If I spend $60K on a new boat, that is the type of service I expect and I get it. I want to spend my free time out on the lake, not searching around for someone to work on it.

If all you have to say is something to bash MC, keep it to yourself

(Message edited by Byrd on September 21, 2007)
Old    ausbill32            09-21-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
I don't like the design of tower at all. The boat itself and the graphics in the 2nd picture are cool. The boat itself looks pretty nice. What's that white box underneath the center window? Is that a step platform or cooler? I like that extra seat behind the middle window. It's similiar to the Supra. Over all, not for me.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
I'm not too good at resizing these pictures. Each time I do they are small. This is the only one I have that is with full ballast (1200#) and three in the boat. Rider is about 6'1" and speed is 22. This dude will kill me if he see's this up on WW. The web site has some old pic's from a little over a year ago that are better imo. Upload
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Bill yes thats a cooler. My daughter likes it when we leave the top of it open since it acts like a wind break.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
kinda looks like a washed wake..big though..nice lip too..any other wake pics???
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
Actually its not washed at all. I think part of why it looks that way is because we were coming out of a gradual turn as he was just getting behind the boat. We didnt really get any that are clear pic's of the wake that day. Yes the wake is big and a great shape(s) since you can mess with the wake plate or trim what ever you want to call it. Here's another one but it is a little cut off. Not sure if we will be wakeboarding this weekend since we mostly surf but if we do PM and I can get some pic's for ya.

Upload
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
tell him to put his other hand on the handle...
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-21-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
I love the looks of the wakecraft. I keep checking this thread to see if there are any more pics of these boats. That wake looks great.
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2007, 4:50 PM Reply   
Here is a shot of me night surfing behind our Wakecraft.

Upload
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
More shots of the wake, the first are a sequence of shots showing how far back you can get pn the wake

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-21-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Low angle shot of surfing behind a Wakecraft

Upload
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
Bullit email me how you have it weighted for when you surf. We are still working on getting further back like you have. Hope all is well up north.

Nice pic's by the way.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-21-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
Seriously, ive ridden every boat out there that has the options of a wakecraft.

Post a vid of the wake,

Awesome trailer rims dawg, great gel coat....

How can you justify a startup comp to charge 60k a boat? Isn't the whole point to offer an affortable boat that can deliver a world class wake for less?? Great rims though...
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-21-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
the first one reminds me of the blue angels.Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-22-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I know everybody has their own taste. What looks good to you might look like crap to someone else. I have shown the pick’s of the wake craft to over 30 people in my e-mail list. With the simple question. Tell me your thoughts on this boat. 30 out of 30 said it looked like crap. I have to agree with them. For me something has to look good for me even to be interested in taking a closer look. Kind of like sliding the best tasting food in front of you if it doesn’t look good no way Im going to give it a try has I guessed I’m close minded? If the people at wake craft don’t mind some constructive criticism maybe we could offer some advise. I don’t know how much an Epic cost's but if I had to choose a new boat manufacture and take a risk on warranty issues The Epic would be my choice by a long shot.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-22-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
There you have it from Wakeworld's resident "King Of Bling"

I would still wouldnt turn down a set behind one if I had the chance...
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-22-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
the exhuast is really cool looking. I'm not gonna say anything else
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-22-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
Looks like a cross between a b52, a malibu(tower), and the rear end of an old maristar. With baja exhaust. Letting the owner design the gel is pretty cool though. Trailer looks pretty hot.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-22-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
here is what im thinking: the company has 1 boat and it seems to come 1 way, loaded i.e: stereo, tower speakers, side exaust, etc.. firt off the price is way to high for a start up boat. second let the buyer have more choices with there options. that great you can chose your gel lines but how about some more options to exclude things. the hull looks decent, kinda low free board.

i would like someone to photoshop this thing, solid white with a smaller logo and since the overall top front half of the boat and wind shield looks like a bu, lets see this thing with a a titan 111 tower on it and or a real illusion x tower on it. anyone have some skills to do that.

am i wrong, but for me, i would look harder at this boat if it was simple, that is where its going these days, clean simple lines, neutral colors, and some other tower options, power plant options.
Old     (buguru)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-23-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
How about a black oneUpload
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-23-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Here is a black one we sold this year

Upload
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-23-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of the wake from this morning. Rider is about 6 foot rope 70 feet, stock 1200#, 22.5 on the PP, with three of us in the boat.

Upload
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-23-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
styling doesn't suit me, but props to them for chasing the dream, and bringing something new to the marketplace. More choice is good for all of us.

One other thing on the styling...I think a big part of the reason that the styling hits you so hard is the combo of the boat styling with the trailer styling. The black boat pictured in the water looks the most tasteful to me. It's color combo is somewhat more muted, but it seems so much less "blingy" w/o the trailer. They might want to consider a more subdued trailer option to widen the appeal. Just my $.02.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-24-2007, 6:01 AM Reply   
I dont dig on the stern too much yet
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
By the looks of the first couple of pics, the stern of the boat has about a foot of swim platform molded into it, thereby cutting into the interior room of the boat. Why is this? Is the motor placed farther forward or is the sunpad area narrower?
When everyone is trying to build as much interior room into these boats as possible, this seems odd to me.

Also, the "cartoon" style lettering would have to go immediately for me.

My .02, nothing personal.

(Message edited by SummerObsession on September 24, 2007)
Old     (dgunthert)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Not a bad looking boat, but to John's point, I don't like the transom. It's like they're trying to claim an extra foot on the boat's length without having to really build it.

Either have an integrated platform or don't. It ends up looking kind of goofy when you actually put the platform on there.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
its no epic
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-24-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
No your right its no Epic, different boats for different people. Some people want a Hummer others want Porches. A porche could be square and roomy but it would sacrifice estetics and performance. When you have form and function in synergy then you have a great product. When you get a chance to have a personal look at a Wakecraft you will see that form and function work.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-24-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
Looks like a malibu wake to me.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-24-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
definately not an epic. although i don't know much about them , from what ive read they are a one trick pony. the wakecraft is very versatile. i actaully ran it through a slalom course!
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
the black one is nice and looks really good in the water!the wake looks real good too!
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-24-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
also keep in mind the wake pics are from stock ballast. nothing added. 1200lbs.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-25-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Actually... those are all very true statments... also amusing...

Bullit brought his WakeCraft to Penticton almost every weekend to log some hours on it and also an opportunity to compare some of the differences, wake chracteristics, interior design, options etc with the infamous All White Epic that is on Skaha...

But unfortunately... the Epic was going through some problems which have not yet been solved and therefore was never operational when we wanted to compare them side by side. Dead battery, taking on water, and some other minor issues that just had to be worked out.

But I am sure next year... they can get together and compare some of the 08 models.

They are totally different... size etc... so its not about what is better... but what each does well and what needs to be improved on.