Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    lforce23            02-20-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
hey i need help on techniques when doing tricks of of kickers and ramps and such. like at OWC in orlando. been riding for awhile but just cant get those ramps down. if anyone has help let me know.
Old    cmm83            02-26-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Different techniques for different tricks. I just recently started doing raley's off the kicker at OWC. I found that I get my best ones if I time it perfect so that I cut across and leave the ramp at the top, but sometimes my timing is off a bit and if I keep my edge I'll go off the side a bit and lose a little air time. So I tried to ease up a bit if my timing was off to go off the top of the kicker, and that was definately a mistake. Lost all the tension I had built up.

Just going over the kicker in general though...I would say don't be comign straight at it..start out a little and edge in. Keep your knees bent and stand up when you reach the top of the kicker. I had some scary moments with throwing tantrums off the kicker...I would be thinking about what I needed to do for the trick so much that I would try to leave the ramp to soon and I almost wacked my head a few times.

The biggest no-no is to hit the ramp while still on an edge. You have to hit the kicker with the base of the board or its just gonna fly right out from underneath you.

It could be a mental thing to. I had the hardest time hitting the little a-frame rail because I kept psyc-ing myself out and when I hit it I would be all offbalance.

I still have a lot to learn riding, but those are some of my thoughts
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-27-2004, 12:59 AM Reply   
i'll add to that. OWC pulls relatively slow so you need to cut at the ramp to get some speed so you have speed on your landing so you don't sink in. be kind of careful on the cheese wedge at owc because it is very abrupt and if you hit it real hard you can hurt your leg/ankle/etc