Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (darryl)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-01-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Some of you asked to see some pics of my x2 and my wave. Here you go...

Upload

Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-01-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
Wow, that's impressive!

Who said you need a 24LSV, X-Star or 24' Centurian
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
That boat rules. Seen it in person. The wake will make your nose bleed; and the wave will send you all the way up the coast...
Old     (darryl)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-01-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
lol....
Old     (darryl)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-02-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Upload

another one.... going down.
Old     (fitz2333)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-04-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 X-2 as well - how do you have yours weighted to throw such a nice surf wake?
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-05-2006, 3:25 AM Reply   
Whats the wave like on the other side.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-05-2006, 5:29 AM Reply   
I'd like to see it with better lighting conditions (not in a shadow). It looks a little steep for my tastes. Too much weight maybe?
IMO-shape>height

(Message edited by CAskimmer on December 05, 2006)
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-05-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
too much weight? thats like too much ice cream, or too much money, or a girl with too big of .........well lets just say weight es bueno.
Old    surfdad            12-05-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Chip, you've been inhaling too much epoxy and resin fumes! :-) I'm with Sean, give me a sweet shape and lengthy pocket over a tall vertical face with no length. Certainly I'd prefer TALL with GREAT shape and 40 feet long, but as Sean points out - if the trade off is steep (which can come from too much ballast) for shape, give me shape and length instead. Does this picture bring back memories? :-)

Upload
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-05-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
it looks really good for just starting off, but it does look like it could use a little bit of tweeking...

when it comes to surf wakes - i want everything, height, length, clean, drive, and a barrel...

i would be tempted to add more weight up mid/front to lengthen it out and speed it up a smige to clean it up... the x1/x2 wake is awesome..
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-05-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
darryl,

here is some pics from ben's awesome x-45 at lake pleasent... this is the best "first attempts" to tune a surf wakes i have yet to run across...much to my surprise, the wake was at its best with full ballast..

it was big, clean, incredible drive, and super long..you could come back from 18'-20'behind no problem ( i almost ran into the back of the boat with ben's inland surfer...that is one fast fish..to come from behind on my walzer, i would have to pump a bit as expected, since it is a 4'6" board)

your x-2 can do just about the same (i've seen/rode a buddies 05 x2)...

let me know if you would like me to come out and tweek your wake like ben's (no charge ).. i am in az quite a bit..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload

(Message edited by clubmyke on December 05, 2006)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-05-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
uno mas...the wake is huge... here is a closeup of me putting the brakes on with the walzer
!!!!!

Upload

(Message edited by clubmyke on December 05, 2006)
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 4:35 AM Reply   
What is the other side like? Not ever one surfs on the dark side.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-06-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
LSG
Just about everyone I no surfs the dark side.

Darth
Old    surfdad            12-06-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Hey Darth, eeeerrr...I mean Dennis...I'm having difficulty finding the sac's for the dark side of the Tige...I am about to give up looking for them. What were you saying, again, about folks you know and riding the dark side vs. the correct side? :-)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-06-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
the port side is better....
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
way better....unfortunately.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-06-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
More of my crew rides dark than light. I haven't had dinner yet, KFC is sounding good.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-06-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Whoa big fella. Read my post again. Do you or do you not surf the dark side on occasion? And you surf it well I might add.

DARTH
Old     (darryl)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-06-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
Wow... I have been a little busy with work, sick and with the Holidays and all... so sorry for no reply.

clubmyke, you are welcome anytime for a ride in my X2, I would appreciate some help. I need some length in my wake, and probably some clean up also. The pictures above were the biggest wave I have ever had and that was with all ballast full, 1500lb of water ballast, and 4 adults and 3 children. The wave was close to 3.5 feet tall. In addition, it was the most fun yet this year. I am thinking I need to put more weight in the front. I really haven't ran much weight in the front as the wake becomes smaller. I also normally run at 10.5 mph. I don't know... let me know when you are out here again and we can hook up. I live 14 minutes from Lake Pleasant.

Darryl
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-06-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
darryl,

thanks for the invite.. what days do you ride ? (i have been going with ben & factory...)

if i remember, we ran tim's 05 x-2 with ballast only on one side and it was super, super, clean and big much like bens x-45...the really strange thing was the goofy side was BETTER than the regular side(i started surfing behind this boat..)

it also took alot of weight (2k in extra ballast). we ran a mixture of lead bags (pop products) and fly high fat sacs..

btw, by running more weight up mid & front, it lengthens the wake and adds "more drive" (as you can see with bens x-45...) it was crazy with the inland surfer (super fast fish), i actually had bail a couple of times so i didnt hit the boat...

have you gps'ed your boat ? it makes a difference. kinda nice to know what speed you are running (ben was running pp in rpm mode which helps to add more drive imo...)

what do you have in extra ballast ?
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-07-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
Yeah, Darryl. Clubmyke is really good at getting things dialed in. More weight in the bow changed things drastically--even by adding 200 lbs.

I'm thinking of going this coming Tuesday!!!!
Old     (darryl)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-08-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
I normally go out on weekends, but I could do a weekday.

For extra ballast I have been running 700 lbs water ballast in back locker, 450lbs behind driver, another 300 lbs on back seat and 85 lbs in the front. I thought about buying 400 lbs in pop-product also to add from front to back down the side. Oh, and all the stock ballast are full. Thoughts on that?

I will try RPM mode... going to try and go out tomorrow... Might be 70 degrees and clear...
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-08-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
darryl,

get the pop products...it really cleans up the wake..you wont be disappointed.

would suggest trying to get a little more weight mid to front...

mike
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2006, 5:07 AM Reply   
Do you have a link for the pop products that your talking about?
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2006, 7:44 AM Reply   
http://www.pop-products.com/products/

They work great. I've got 540 lbs. and they seem to work really well for evening out my wakes. Darryl, you need these.

Anyway, I'm going to Pleasant on Tuesday if anyone wants to go!!!