Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (flyingtigeman)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
Hay whats up guys
I've been lerking around this site for about 6months now and thought I would ask for some advice.

My family boat a 2001 tige last summer and we are learning how to wakeboard. I picked it up real fast at the end of the summer last year. this summer I am getting better and better with every outing right now I can go from wake to wake if I hit it hard. Mostly I just like to pop it up high and try to land it or cut way out and carve hard.
I have a hyperlite permier but feel i need a better board now after riding a few friends boards.

I have been looking at the gators and would like to know what you guys think of the "Ricky Gonzalez" boards i cant choose between the 139 or 143.
Any input on the two would be cool from you pros out there I like to hit the wake hard and carve fast im told these boards are the best..

Thanks for reading guys and hope to get to know some of you..

Sean
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
I dont know much about GB especially the Ricky G boards, but you should definitely look into the IBEX. I picked this board up a few weeks ago and it is insane. Good pop, great tracking and pretty light.
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
Since this is a good board for you it is OBVIOUSLY a great board for a guy you have never met...lets forget he was asking about another board company altogether you admit you know nothing about, throwing your advice out the window as irrelevant.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
Calm down bro, I'm just suggesting a good board. Sounds like your a GB expert so why dont you give some advice?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-06-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
Sean - if your question is just whether to get the Gonzalez 139 or the Gonzalez 143, I would say that depends on your size. How tall and heavy are you? I always feel that if you can handle a bigger board then use it. You'll most likely find that you'll get more pop and softer landings on a larger board.

If you want to consider a different board from Gator Boards, I have a 2007 Legend 143(Randall Harris's pro model) that is brand new in the wrapper...i'll cut you a good deal on it.

I've never ridden the Gonzalez, but heard it's a sweet board. As for the Legend. It's fast, and it boots ya. If you like taking hard cuts and launching off the wake, the Legend is definitely worth considering.
Old     (flyingtigeman)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-11-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
I think I am going to buy the Gonzelez board this week. I was just wondering if there is anyone on here that has ridin the board before and could give a little review on the board.
I looked in the review section and theres no wright up on the board...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-11-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Maybe somebody will pop in that has ridden the Ricky G. Ricky posts on here from time to time, but he may not wander into this post. From what I know the older GB Gonzalez was very similar to the shape of the Premier. I haven't seen as much about the newer shape that he has which came out this year or last year. Post up your height and weight and that will help out those who have ridden the board suggest the right size for you.
Old     (flyingtigeman)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feed back.
Im 5'11 and 180lbs if i drink a few beers during the week. lol

I talked to a few guys at the shops down here and so far it sounds like i should like the board i think im going to buy it this weekend and if i dont like it then it will be up on ebay this winter..

If there is anyone out there that has ridden the board feel free to speak your mind.

thanks for helping out guys and gals.