Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    grampawakerider            08-22-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
I've been on the market for a newer used wakeboard boat (2001-2004) for the last couple months. Constantly searching here, e-bay, boattrader.com, flipsell.com, trader express, photo ad, etc....I have a credit rating of over 700 and currently have a boat loan out. My question here is: should I buy if I find a good deal then sell my boat, or sell my boat and get another right away? The boat I'm selling priced @ NADA values is 2k over what I want for it and 4k more than I owe, so I don't believe selling will be a problem. (Looking for Moomba LSV)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-23-2004, 1:02 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what you are selling, but we have had a 2003 Centurion Eclipse LaPoint on the market for about 8 months now. We started with a price about 3k under NADA and are now about 6k under NADA with no luck. We have had the boat on flipsell, boattrader, etc. You might want to think about trying to sell the boat first. I know a lot of people with late model tournament boats that have had trouble selling the boats. If your boat is in the $8-15k market, that seems to be a better range to sell quick.
Old    dlb988            08-23-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Sell the current boat.

Then start looking for the next boat. The CFO will be happier with the asset vs. liabilities balance and cashflow that way.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-23-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
As they say in the stock market "sell sell sell"
Old    wakecord            08-23-2004, 11:34 AM Reply   
Supply and demand. Nick nails it.

A 3rd party does not determine the value. The buyer does.

This is a buyer's market.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-23-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
i'd go ahead and sell too, it's getting later in the season. sell now at a hopefully somewhat higher price and then buy at lower off season prices, or hope it goes that way.
Old    grampawakerider            08-23-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
ok...sounds good, mine's in the 15.5 - 16.5k range. I'm going to try dragging 16k out of it. 2000 Bayliner Capri LX 1850, cd stereo, SS prop, tower, custom bimini, perfect pass wakeboard pro, new tires and spare, trailer guides, surge brakes on trailer, custom bow cover and a Wal Mart cover. No extras, I need them for the new boat!!! Oh, and 250hrs. All I ever use it for is wakeboarding and this is a great boat for more family oriented activities. And I get my wakeboard specific boat. Oh chit, fergot-- 700lbs fat sacs and board racks.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-23-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
Mark,
I had a similar question for my local dealer. He said I might be better off, removing some of the aftermarket stuff...ie tower, perfect pass, etc and sell it for what it is. and then either use your tower, perfectpass, fatsack and racks on your next boat or sell it seperately.

Alot of people that may be interested in your boat might not necassarily be willing to pay for the extras. He also told me that getting the gelcoat repaired where the tower is mounted is easy and fairly inexpensive.

Just a little food for thought!
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-23-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
My thoughts are.... Keep the boat you have now and finish the season, sell it. Keep looking for the boat you want and but what you are looking for in November or december. My guess is your bayliner will sell for about the same maybe just a bit less that you want, However the full blown ski boat could end up being thousands less in the winter.
I could be wrong but thats my guess...
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-23-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
Or if you don't mind taking a bit of a hit, it is a lot more conveinent to just trade your old boat in against the price of a wakeboat. That's what I did. I lost a bit of money, but I don't regret anything. No headaches that way. Just a thought.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-31-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
Mark,
What is a good number for you? I am back in town. When are you going out again? tonight?lol Gary
Old    oshensurfer            08-31-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Yeah. Sell first. I don't recommend selling in the winter. Now is a decent time, but late Spring is better..
Old    grampawakerider            08-31-2004, 5:24 PM Reply   
Gary...good to see ya back!!! Soory...went out Sunday. Been hitting Lopez early morning and also in the evenings after work. I can have the boat in the water by 6:00pm so that gives about an hour and forty five minutes. My number is 928-2444 (home) and cell is 268-4004. I'm trying to get out one evening this week!! Probably Thursday or Friday. Gimme a call!!
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-31-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Mark, what kind of tower do you have? I would take your tower and PP if it would fit my 94 PS 205