Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-25-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Terrible accident & bizarre finding months later....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...inger-in-fish/
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-25-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
Ouch. What a crazy fishing story for the finder of the finger.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
Wow that is crazy! Pretty cool except for the whole losing the fingers thing...
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-25-2012, 8:21 PM Reply   
That is one unbelievable story! Wow. I feel so bad for the guy who lost his fingers though, damn.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-25-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
I kept expecting it to be hand in a prop or something. Crazy he got caught in the line somehow like that. Always good when drivers take their time bringing the rope around you.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
Wow. My grandfather lost half of his ring finger in a slalom skiing accident back in the day. Similar story in that there was slack in the line that wrapped around his finger. When the rope tightened it pulled it right off. He said it came off like a cork coming out of a champagne bottle. Still haven't found the fish that might have his finger though.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2012, 11:43 PM Reply   
Wasn't this a scene from Me Myself and Irene?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-26-2012, 6:15 AM Reply   
Agreed Rich....I can't imagine this happening unless you take off with slack in the rope.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-26-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Yeah be interested to know more on how it happened and what kinda rope it was. Sounds like it happened when getting pulled up though.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-26-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
Wow i cant believe how fast word spreads.. this was in my local Boise Newspaper today
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-26-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
I've watched a fish swim up and nibble one of my toes once. Scared the crap out of me.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-26-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
That is crazy.

A girl in my friends boat a couple week ago nearly had her thump popped off from slack in the line. her thumb was smaller than a pencil, if my buddy hadn't thrown the boat in reverse it was a goner.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
A friend of mine almost lost his ankle when he fell off the back of the jetski. The line wrapped up around it and then jerked. Out of sheer dumb luck, the rope broke and he just wound up with a permanent ankle bracelet (he has a purple scar circling his ankle). He said it burned through everything rather than crushing it's way through. But it didn't get any ligaments, just a bunch of the tissue around the outside.