Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
Hey there. I did a search on here but couldn't come up with more than only one suggestion. I can't seem to find that perfect port side surf wake with my boat. Please help me, does anyone have any weight and speed suggestions that have worked for them?????
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
This is an 07 23 LSV

Full wedge
full bow MLS
Full center MLS
Full surf side MLS
Full 750 in surf side locker
Full 750 on the surf side seat
500# in the bow along the surf side
12 MPH

We have since had 600 # of lead on the surf side as well (thanks Dennis)
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-11-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Brett
You should come out with us next week and give it a try.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-11-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
my friend has an 06 lsv, he runs all msl on port side, no bow tank, 750 port locker, 750 side behind driver, 750 on rear seat, 750 across front bow and usuall 5 peeps, he does not use his wedge. The wave is soft, but ok,, it does not push really hard, but has alot of height even with the bow weight, we have tried everything. so we are going to use my new enzo for surfing and his for boarding, i do know there are a group of guys on wakeoutlaws that put a tone of weigh in theres as well. good luck
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-11-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
That is a ton of weight! Holy cow
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Brian - When are you going out? I'd love to see that in person.

Doug - you said your friend seems to set up a port side wave, but he puts ballast behind the drivers seat? Was that a typo or what he really does?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-12-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
typo sorry aboout that.
all mls but right side tank
750 on rear seat across the entire back
750 on port seat or on floor is there are peeps
750 in bow, he does not have the mls bow tank

no wedge. the wedge messes up the shape for us, don't know why just cant get it to work. i had the sv23 hull on my vlx, and he has the sv25 wake hull. do you have a wake hull or the double diamond hull? while it is loaded the sun deck is taking water over the port edge. he runs his bilge all the time. i know some of the guys at wakeoutlaws run the lsv with alot of luck.

we usually are in water over 30 ft deep, so its not the water. the wave is tall, just not as powerful as he wants. we have tried more weight, less weight moving it around etc etc. we usually run at 10.8 on the pp. go faster and the wave gets longer, but too soft to get alot of push. now he has a bunch of boards, IS, shred stixx, so its not that, my guess is that if you put 3000 to 3500 to the point where you rub rail is in the water all the way to the bow, you will get more power out or it. There is a cat on wakeoutlaws with a 24ft and has about 3500 just in balast and it is a great looking wake and suppose to have alot of push
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
We will be at Lake Perris Thursday and Friday AM

I have played with weight distribution alot every thing from no weight in the bow and all of the weight in the rear corner to everything listed above plus 800# on the floor, full wedge, part wedge and no wedge. The 23 is a big boat and the wave can be very good but it is going to take 3000 # of water to get it there. Ours is no where near James but I dont like the water coming over the top of the rear engine cover. I am right at the rear air vent and content with that. When I find enough lead I want too replace the 750 on the seat with lead under the seat.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-12-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
This is the most we have run and there is a point of diminishing returns.
Upload
Upload
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Bryan, when you say full wedge, do you mean maximum at 45 degrees, or all the way down at 90?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-13-2010, 12:24 AM Reply   
we run my buddies 23 LSV with 2 x 500 in the rear port locker, full stock port ballast, full belly tank and another 500 of pop bags in the bow. NO WEDGE, I find the wedge flattens out the wake too much. I can ride the wake a good 8' from the platform, plenty of wake to ride.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2010, 6:38 AM Reply   
Interesting differences re the wedge. We run an 09 247, and use the wedge every time we surf. For us, it makes the wake bigger and easier to dial in.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
Im with Rob - Full wedge all the way down. I the vid above Dennis (a good size guy) comes from way back 15 - 20 feet from the boat.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       02-13-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Truth be told I am a big guy (285). The wedge seems to help your wake.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
i have never been able to get a clean wake with the wedge, it will increase the height of the wave but it seems to wash it out. we are going try more weight on the right side just to see if we can get more push from the wave. I know we will loose so height, but maybe it will kick up the push. Bu coo, did you check to see what hull you have. If it is a dd you will really have to add weight, its harder to sink than the wake hull
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-20-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
It's the wake hull. The washed out wake is what's bothering me. I don't have as much weight as most of you, so I'll have to look into getting larger sacks. As long as were talking about bags, what is the perfect sized bag for the rear storage locker for the 08 lsv? Bryan, what company bags do you have?
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
I would love to have this custom sac that Paul from Bakes made from Fly High. I have fly highs 750s in the trunks

Upload
Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
That's the bag I had Paul make for my boat, works good.