Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 5:50 AM Reply   
Straight from the flyer:
Saturday July 16th
First Annual Marion County Wakeboard Tournament
Carney Island on Lake Weir in Ocklawaha
Sign in 8 am sharp
First riders off at 9 am
All riders receive a t shirt and bbq dinner for participation.
1st thru 3rd in each division receive trophy
Board, bindings, ropes and more given away
CWB and Malibu Pros there to judge ride, and hang out
Bring family and friends for fun in the sun bbq dinner plates are $5 per person
WWA Sanctioned Tournament
Ski Boat Solutions in Ocala Florida is holding the event.
www.skiboatsolutions.com or 352-867-0867

Hope to see some of you out there!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
And...
http://www.thewwa.com/amajul.shtml
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2005, 6:54 AM Reply   
Ted, I didn't much about this event on either website...are you expecting a good turnout?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
I talked to the guys at Ski Boat Solutions yesterday, they told me the tournamant slots are filling up quick so I would expect a good turnout. There are a lot of great riders on Lake Weir and Ski Boat Solutions has been providing boats to the people in the area for years, so it should be fun. Give them a call.
I'm not sure why they never update their website, it would help...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Thanks. I'd like to enter, but this week has been crazy and I'm sort of drained.

BTW, I met a couple fellas from Lake Weir at the Glen on July 3rd - one was in a purple Moomba and the other was in an older Malibu skier.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
We were out at the Glen a few weeks ago. That place is pretty cool. It was my first time out there. The water was great at the colder teperature! Wakeboarding on the St Johns River was a little nerve wracking, but fun...
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
We usually ride in the morning before the madness begins and then go chill at the Glen late morning and afternoon.

We'll be out there again on the Sunday before Labor Day (Sept 4th) and maybe one time in between now and then. I've got a reverse red (red on bottom) MCX5.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
We were out there the weekend that couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
I thought I saw a boat similar to that when we were out there - rainy day. Mine is a black and tan wakesetter - a buddy of mine had his red on white moomba too. Ill shoot you an email if we head out there any time soon.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-15-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
David, perhaps we'll join you at the Glen labor day, if we can't get a boat for a Bahamas trip. it has been too long. also if you know of any cool jobs up there let me know. I want to get back to central FL. how much is lake property up by you these days? btw, rode for the first time since august (was up north for work) last weekend, nailed a shuvit 2nd try!

Ted, I'll be up at weir a week from today, my buddy lives on little lake weir, and has been using my boat (red/white '02 wakesetter lxi, skylon swoop) for a while, since his was in the shop. If we only have a few people, we'll just use his boat (green/tan 98 malibu sunsetter lx with titan) but if we get a lot of people to come down, we'll use both boats.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-15-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Sounds good.

My sister and brother in-law were at the Glen that Saturday and had talked to that couple - they knew them from high school, but hadn't seen them in a long time. They were upset about that...it's unfortunate.

Anyways, hope the tourny is a success.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Ive seen both those boats, look me up when your back...heading to the lake...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-15-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
oh yeah, ted, the looking for jobs thing also applies to the ocala area!

we'll be riding all day on the 23rd and probably early on the 24th, then headed to clermont to go ride with a friend there (chase t)

t
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-15-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
Im trailering mine to Clermont next weekend. I think I talked to Chase once - he has an Air Nautique? He was going to give us a pull one Sunday, but the weather went south quick. Was a while ago, might not be the same guy...
Lake Weir had some good water tonight, but a storm rolled in, so we packed up early. The contest area at Carney Island was all set up, I think Ill head out there early tomorrow.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
lake weir was a blast. was out pretty much all weekend. we had 17 people :-)
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
Ted, that's Chase. He has a Tan'01 210.

Tim, the Glen plan is for the Sunday before Labor Day. I'll keep you guys posted. Did you ride with Chase Sunday? How's the old man? ha
BTW, congrats on the shuv-it!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-25-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
actually didn't end up riding with chase, we had enough people stay the night that we left my boat in the water sat night to use both boats on sunday. chase was riding early on sunday, so it didn't work out.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-29-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
That weekend was fun, tournament had a nice turnout. Sunday before Labor Day for the Glen? I'm in.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-29-2005, 6:32 AM Reply   
Killer. I'll have my X5 and my buddy just got a new 211 and he'll be there.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
You going too Tim? I'll see if I can get a couple more boats rounded up...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-03-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
Again, it is dependant on if we can get a boat to zip over to the bahamas in. If not, yeah I'll try to get there!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-22-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
What up fellas? Tim, you slacker.