Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old    wakefunx2            02-22-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Hey, just wanted to see who rides in sacto and where about you ride, also what you ride on. I ride on the sac river on our X-2
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Hey, Cory. I live in Rocklin, but usually ride the Delta, out by Disco Bay.
Old    swpmwinc            02-22-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
Auburn, mostly ride Bullards Bar and Rollins Clemintine. We stay away from Folsom as much as possible
Old    wakefunx2            02-22-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
Hows Clemintine doin, i havent been on there in awhile, still great water? Has it be getting more boat trafic lately, like this past summer? I knew most people wanted to keep that lake on the down low, but it sounds like alot more people know about it now. Speaking of great water, where do you ride when you go to bullards? We have a nice house boat on bullards, so i really only ride in Sacto monday-thursday, then its off for bullards. Has any one been out ridding yet?
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I live in Natomas. Like you, I ride on the Sac River during the week, and head up to Bullards Bar on the weekend (love that place). I haven't been out riding since November. I think that I'm gonna pull out the X-Star this weekend if the weather holds up, and get her all cleaned up.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       02-22-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
Live in Folsom, ride Folsom Lake during the week after work. Ride the river sometimes. Love Bullards Bar also. Just bought a houseboat on Oroville so I am sure we'll be spending the weekends up there this year.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-22-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
I live in EDH and ride Folsom mostly on weekday nights, or early mornings on the weekends. Clementine from time to time, and have yet to ride the river, but would like to this season. We also hit Oroville and Bullards when time permits too.
Old    swpmwinc            02-22-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
We have friends that have a houseboat at bullards so we usually stay with them in eagles cove and then we ride up the river.Clemintine is still on the down low sort of... more people are showing up every year but still only holds 25 boats. It is Rollins or clem. after work and bullards on the weekend
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
K.J. - Did you ever sell your Houseboat that was in the classified section?
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
Bullards is it. According to the state's website, it is at about 1855 ft, and coming up about a foot a day. It should be full or close to it by Memorial Day. Only about 40 min away, so we will probably drive up and take a look at it in April, they are re-doing the road into Dark Day, so maybe it will be a little nicer.
We need to keep this place quiet, boys...
Old    wakefunx2            02-22-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
Hey Army dad, bad news about bullards, the just re-did the main parking lot this summer as well as the lanch ramp, so paking went from alot to a little. Add on top of that dark day isnt going to be ready until some time AFTER Memorial day. And i have heard something about then lowering the number of boats aloud on the lake again, to something in the low 200's, but what they dont tell you is that is also counting the number of boats in slips already on the lake as well as house boats. It used to be that they would even let you park on the side of the road with your trailer, well you guessed it, thats gone as well. So sounds like this year your really going to have to be "some body" to get on that lake!!! But thats ok by me, our house boat and hot tub will be ready and waiting, so i guess that makes me a "some body"
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       02-22-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
Yes I sold the houseboat I bought for the slip. I have been working the last two weekends on the 50 footer my buddy and I bought in Redding. We had to install holding tanks (Shasta won't require gray water tanks until the end of the year)we recarperted and linoed and painted the inside. The front deck has new carpet and we were going to replace some of the rear deck and recarpet it but i rained like hell up there all weekend so we painted red flames on the front of the refrigerator. I think we have about 2 more full days of work an she will be ready for transport to Oroville.

On the Bullards topic. Last year the USFS was handing out flyers saysing they are going to enforce a boat limit on the lake beginning 2005. I can't remember the number but when I asked how it would affect thing they said it would probably only be an issue on holiday weekends.
Old    swpmwinc            02-22-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Army Dad it is a little hard to keep it quiet when it has been in wakeboard magazine no less than 7 times in the last 2 years not to mention the spread waterski mag did on it last year. The good news is that they are enforcing the 420 boat limit this includes all of the house boats and rental boats so there will only be about 320 or so boats allowed on the lake.
Old    swpmwinc            02-22-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
K.J. I hear you have a inspection problem that I might be able to help with. send me a PM and i will get you some contact #s
Later Sean
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-22-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Whats up John? When are you going to start heading out. Sandra and I were just talking about you guys last night. We were saying that it would be nice to hook up with you and your family this season. She enjoyed talking to your wife at the Exposed premier last year, and I know that you have a daughter about the same age as mine.
Anyway, let me know when you start boarding again.
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
I'm all for the 320 limit enforcement. We are always on the water by 0900 on Saturdays, and ususally there by 0830.
It will be interesting to watch the enforcement effort when dealing with folks who have towed from Nevada. Yuba County S.O. better be planning to upstaff to assist the USFS folks if they plan to get serious. Hopefully Folsom and the other lakes will stay up enough to keep some pressure off Bullards. Last year was not bad at all after word got out that the water level was down.
Advertising and coverage has done wonders for the lake. 10 years ago I knew at least 75% of the vehicles in the Dark Day lot.Not no more..
Kinda sucks, if ya know what I mean...
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-22-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
I rode mostly the river last year, 2x at folsom (2 crowded), and a couple times at New Melones, I missed out on Bullards, but from what my brother said I wont miss it this year!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       02-22-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey Devin:

Pretty soon I hope. I'm still working on putting in the new audio system, but I'm almost done. Are you and Sandra hitched yet? I never heard. We'll definitely have to hook up. I've got a couple of long weekends (Thu-Sun) rented in July on the floating campgrounds at Oroville if you guys are interested in coming up.
Old    swpmwinc            02-22-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
Army Dad I agree we get out there on Friday after noon and dont pull the boat out until sunday night we always launch in dark day and motor over to the marina. I am not really worried about the limit because even if I cant get my boat on the water our friends have there house boat and there Calabria there. The marina is loving the coverage they are expanding there rental boat fleet and kicking people off of the mooring bouys to make room. If you see us out there give a shout out.
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-22-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
xxxl will do..look for the two sangers in my profile pick up in the Oregon Creek finger. Always a cold one in the ice chest.
Now that I look at your pic, I've seen your truck at the ramp. Mine is 97 F-350 CC 4x4 dually, white with grey mid-band and Alcoas all around. 2 inch lift in the front. Trailer is a Zieman, white w/diamond plate trim..
The truck, when running, has a rather loud turbo whine...

(Message edited by sam8 on February 22, 2005)
Old     (liquidforce)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-22-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Sacto here... looking for a pull whenever. Will pay for gas.

annymas04@yahoo">Dannymas04@yahoo
Old     (liquidforce)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-22-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Sacto here... looking for a pull whenever. Will pay for gas.

annymas04@yahoo.com">Dannymas04@yahoo.com
Old    swpmwinc            02-23-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Army Dad I sold the crew cab about a month ago in the middle of the decision of what to buy next. I am think the h/o cummins dont know yet have to wait and see what this years boat is going to set me back. Since I started a new Harley project. gotta see what is leftover for a truck.