Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-15-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
I'm not going to be able to try the fit before ordering so I would appreciate comments from Slingshot wonders on how accurate the boot sizing is. I heard they come up a little small. My feet are size 11 - should I order 11 or 12?

Many thanks... Brutto
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-15-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Brutto, I have ridden slingshot size 12 for my 11 foot, and they were very snug. they were not uncomfortable tho. hope this helps
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2007, 5:12 PM Reply   
i'd go a size bigger. i got a pair of 9s, found 'em to fit too snug. now i'll be rockin' 10s though they're pretty snug, too. i've yet to ride 'em but we'll see.
Old     (labling)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Liquid Acoustics is doing a Demo Day at Konocti Resort Clear Lake on Sat.between 10 & 4. We have the following Slingshot boards to demo 134,138,142 & 145. Boots from 7 to 11. If your in the area take one for a spin.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
im a 9-9.5 for shoes and i wear a 9, i like them snug, i rode a 10 as well but i like the 9 better
Old     (iukekini)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
It depends on if you are going to heat mold the boots, which I would recommend because it makes them much more comfortable. If you are then I would get the 11s if you don't plan on heat molding them then you could go with the larger size, but you might end up with a little slop as the boots pack out over time.

It also depends on how tight you like your boots I like them tight and I wear an 11 shoe and wear a size 9 boot. (but I also cut the harnesses out which makes a little more room in the boot, and makes them easier to get in and out of)

If I were you I would get the 11s.
Old     (morty)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-16-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
They are supposed to be really tight before you mold them. I wear a 12-13 and I ride a size 12 boot and it fits great. Also when you get them be sure to cut out the inner laces, with it out you can come out on a hard crash, if you don't want to cut them out just don't use the inner laces.
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-17-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
Thanks all, I really appreciate the advice. I think I'll go with the 11s. If they don't fit, I can always sand down my feet.